Survivor asks public to take a STANDLE MARS — A program on texting and driving was hosted by Le Mars D.A.R.E. Wednesday at the Wells Visitor Center and Ice Cream Parlor. Cliff Hageman, who was seriously injured and lost a leg in a...
It's time to go racingLE MARS — Pick out your best pumpkin, decorate it and slap some axles and wheels on it and get ready for the third annual Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce Pumpkin Races. The event will be held from...
Development request gets nod from councilLE MARS — The Le Mars City Council took up the request by Galles Enterprises for city assistance with its development of Choicewood Apartments. At its Oct. 1 meeting, the council heard a request by...
Absentee ballots are now availablePLYMOUTH CO. — Absentee ballots for the Nov. 5, combined city/school election became available Thursday, Oct. 17, in the auditor’s office at the Plymouth County Courthouse during regular business...
New law requires new buses to have child restraintsLE MARS — Changes in state law has resulted in two board policy changes for the Le Mars Community School District. The board dealt with both changes at its Oct. 14 meeting. A change in school bus...
- 4-H gets nod from the governor (10/16/19)
- Council OKs portion of no parking request (10/16/19)
- Good Samaritan to hold annual service project (10/16/19)
- Quite an impact (10/15/19)
- Total fights to bring awareness to breast cancer (10/15/19)
- Battling domestic violence in Le Mars (10/15/19)
- RR crossing to be closed (10/11/19)
- 'The One Where It's Homecoming' (10/11/19)
- No paper Monday (10/11/19)
- 4-H club earns governor’s honor (10/11/19)
- FVH, Muskies name new Hot Shots (10/10/19)
- It's all about speed (10/9/19)
- Students kick off ‘Just Say No’ campaign (10/9/19)
- Wiltgen named to Wellness Center renovation project (10/8/19)
- A gathering place for reflection (10/8/19)1
- Bulldogs have solid day as host of MRAC cross country meetBRUNSVILLE — The Missouri River Activities Conference let newest member Le Mars Community host the league’s conference meet Thursday at Prairie Rose Golf Club. It is the first time since 2011 that the MRAC meet hasn’t been held at Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs...
Lady Jays get another sweep with win over HintonHINTON — The Gehlen Catholic volleyball team appears to be peaking as the regular season winds down and regional play gets set to begin. The Class 1A No. 5 ranked Lady Jays swept Hinton on Tuesday in War Eagle Conference action for their eighth consecutive win and their sixth consecutive match which went the minimum number of sets...
- Le Mars, MMCRU, A-W all earn conference sweeps
- Panthers keep MVAOCOU out of win column with sweep (10/16/19)
- Sentinel Player of the Week- October 16, 2019 (10/16/19)
- Gehlen claims War Eagle Conference cross country title (10/16/19)
- MMCRU’s Goth leads local runners at War Eagle Conference meet (10/16/19)
- WC-KP girls win title at OABCIG (10/16/19)
Ronald Pottebaum (10/8/19)Ronald Marvin Pottebaum, 76, of Pierson, died Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, at his home near Pierson. Ron was born on Nov. 22, 1942, to Martin and Evelyn (Galles) Pottebaum in Remsen. He was raised in Remsen...
Paul Burnett (10/8/19)Paul Herbert Burnett, 68, of Le Mars, died Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019, with his wife Colette at his side. Paul was born April 5, 1951, to Marvin and Helen (Lounsbury) Burnett in Sioux City. Paul had many...
Lorraine Ruden (10/7/19)Lorraine Ruden, 95, of Le Mars, formerly of rural Struble, died Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019, at Park Place Estates in Le Mars. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, at All Saints...
Jon Foster (10/7/19)Jon Foster, 74, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019, at Accura Healthcare of Le Mars. Jon Stuart Foster was born in Keokuk, to Billy and Ruth (Giles) Foster. Jon’s father died at a young age and...
AuctionsNovember 22, 2019 @ 10AM Approx. 277 Acres M/L Farmland Auction! Primebank 37 1st Ave NW Le Mars, IA Lorraine Ruden Irrevocable Trust-Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
AuctionsNovember 2, 2019 @ 11 AM: Tools & Woodworking Equipment Auction! 2851 Valley Drive Sioux City, Iowa Mark Hahn-Owner. Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Bus Drivers - regular routes/substitutes, 20.52/hr starting pay If interested in the above positions, apply on-line at:www.lemarscsd.org Bus driver positions require CDL, school bus passenger endorsement, pre-employment drug screening, and DOT physical. District will reimburse for all fees to obtain these requirements, including pre-employment drug screening upon successful result. Bus driver questions can be directed to Codie Kellen, Transportation Director...
AuctionsESTATE AUCTION Nov. 2nd Home sells @ 10:30AM Contents sell @ 12:00 Noon Contents auction @ 307 Lincoln St, Merrill Watch for details Stabe Realty & Auction Randy 712-540-9640
Le Mars Houses for RentHouse for Rent: Utilities not included. Call 712-548-6445
For RentQuonset Building for lease:1877 Lincoln Street SW Located in the Industrial area South edge of Le Mars. 24'x36' concrete floor $400/Month Call 540-3284 or 541-5886
FreebiesTo give away Outdoor Christmas Lights (Blanket), Cement Figurines 546-5917
Help WantedBaymont Inn & Suites Le Mars is now accepting applications for part time housekeeping & front desk staff. Hours available are weekdays and weekends with a flexible schedule. Apply in person at Baymont Inn & Suites Le Mars, 1314 12th Street SW. EOE.
Le Mars Rummages"Great Garage and Bake Sale", Plymouth County Historical Museum, Oct. 17, 5-8 p.m., $5 charge; Oct. 18, 9 - 6, free; Oct. 19, 8-noon, half-price sale. Everything free from noon to 2. 335 1st Ave. SW, Le Mars.
- 'The One Where It's Homecoming'
- Quite an impact
- Battling domestic violence in Le Mars
- 4-H club earns governor’s honor
- Council OKs portion of no parking request
- Freking makes most of opportunity at Iowa Central
- Gehlen upsets No. 6 South O’Brien to stay perfect in district
- Total fights to bring awareness to breast cancer
- New law requires new buses to have child restraints
- RR crossing to be closed