Prins leads the way as new FV clinic managerLE MARS — A new manager has taken over the day-to-day operations of Floyd Valley Clinics. Wendy Prins of Hinton was recently named the Clinic Manager. “I am very excited about this opportunity,”...
Looking to bring a Farmer’s Market back to Le MarsLE MARS — The possibility of an organized farmers market coming back to Le Mars this summer is moving forward. In 2017, the Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce did not sponsor an organized Farmers...
Recently transformed Casey’s undergoes expansionHINTON — Less than a year after Casey’s General Stores of Ankeny purchased the former Ampride Convenience Store in Hinton, the store is undergoing an expansion. According to James Pistillo, vice...
Books come to lifeLE MARS — Teachers turned into book characters at Clark Elementary School March 2. It was all part of the nationwide “Read Across America” activities. Clark Librarian Connie Engebretson came up with...
Movin’ on to stateLE MARS — Seven Le Mars Community Middle School students and one Le Mars homeschooled student have advanced to state in the National History Day competition. Northwest AEA sponsored the regional...
- Historic preservation workshop to be held for property owners (3/21/18)
- Gehlen blood drive to be held (3/20/18)
- YFC to hold annual banquet (3/20/18)
- LCS represented at Individual All State (3/20/18)
- New event to promote businesses, Alley Art (3/20/18)
- Le Mars Fire-Rescue has busy 2017 (3/19/18)
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt to return on March 31 (3/19/18)
- LPD to launch new community program (3/18/18)
- Rejoice! opens The Sanctuary Batting Cages, hosts Lenten Banquet (3/17/18)
- Merrill to upgrade lagoon system (3/16/18)
- County funding support of Akron pool contingent on grant (3/16/18)
- Third annual Glow Run to support 4-H Foundation (3/16/18)
- Wastewater hires new contractor (3/16/18)
- Ready to welcome residents (3/14/18)
- Agri-Business Luncheon to be held March 20 (3/14/18)
- Local athletes display talents at Dordt High School All-Star GamesSIOUX CENTER — Several Plymouth County athletes got to hit the hardwood one final time in their high school careers at the Defender Gold Club/American State Bank High School All-Star Basketball Games held Saturday. The game has taken place annually at De Witt Gymnasium on the Dordt College Campus since 1996...
Four local teams compete at Day 2 of Dan Lennon meetVERMILLION, S.D. — It was the smaller schools’ turn to hit the track on Tuesday at the University of South Dakota for the ‘B’ side of the Dan Lennon meet. Local teams Hinton, KP-WC, MMCRU and Remsen St. Mary’s were all represented. In a 39 person 3200 meter girls field, KP-WC’s Mary and Sarah Putze placed eighth and ninth, respectively as Mary edged out a two second victory over Sarah with a time of 13:16.86. ...
- Bulldogs face tough competition on Day 1 of Dan Lennon (3/20/18)
- Loutsch signs with Briar Cliff softball (3/20/18)
- Gehlen Catholic participates at Dordt College indoor track meet (3/20/18)
- Gehlen Catholic 2017-18 boys basketball recap (3/19/18)
- Gehlen Catholic 2017-18 girls basketball recap (3/19/18)
- Morningside’s Tyler Borchers named a third-team NAIA DII All-American (3/16/18)
Eunice Reoh (3/19/18)Eunice Reoh, 81, of Akron, died Thursday, March 15, 2018, at UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s in Sioux City. Eunice Ann Hillrichs was born Dec. 10, 1936 in Akron, the daughter of Ben and Anna (Tapper)...
Donna J. Hentges (3/16/18)Donna J. Hentges, 85, of Le Mars, died Friday, March 9, 2018, at Accura HealthCare of Spirit Lake. Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 10:30 a.m., Friday, April 6, at All Saints Catholic...
Dennis Hultgren (3/16/18)Dennis Hultgren, 88, of rural Akron, died Tuesday, March 13, 2018, at Sanford – USD Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Saturday, at Romsdal Lutheran...
Marjorie C. Doornink (3/16/18)Marjorie C. Doornink, 92, of Le Mars, died Monday, March 12, 2018, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars, in Le Mars. Marjorie Claire Doornink was born Dec. 28, 1925 in Plymouth County to Delphis and...
Help WantedBaymont Inn & Suites Le Mars is now accepting applications for full/part time Front Desk Clerk and Housekeeping. Apply in person at Baymont Inn & Suites Le Mars, 1314 12th Street SW Le Mars IA 51031.
Help WantedHelp wanted Cook Full or Part Time. Various hours. J&J Cafe Apply at Le Mars Truck Stop.
Help WantedHelp Wanted . Full-time Dishwasher. Monday - Friday days. 40 hours per week. Apply at Le Mars Truck Stop.
Business ServicesWe install , tear out, repair all types of farm fencing. Call Heartland Fencing and Sheds for a free estimate. 712-552-7379. 30 Years Experience.
Le Mars Houses for Rent4 BR, 1 1/2 Baths . Main Laundry. Close to Gehlen. $825 Month. No pets. 546-8556
Help WantedELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN Responsible to help support daily operation of college facilities, grounds, and equipment. High school diploma or equivalent, ability to read and understand wiring schematics and building drawings, Class B CDL driver's license or ability to obtain within one year of employment, and basic computer skills required. Five years of experience in electrical field; experience in HVAC troubleshooting; Journeyman or Master Electrical license; Journeyman or Master...
Help WantedHiring immediately for part-time evening janitorial services in LeMars, Iowa Experience helpful, but not necessary. Must have valid Drivers License and be able to pass a background check. Please call 712-252-4931 for more information
Help WantedTruck Driver-Great Pay , Great Trucks, Home Most Nights!! Would you like to drive well maintained trucks and be home most nights for dinner?? The Company: Dirksen Inc. is family owned and been in business for years. Well maintained trucks Plenty of loads Great at work-life balance,Respectful work environment. The Position: We are looking to hire full time drivers to haul livestock. Dependable candidates must have a class A CDL and a good driving record. Experience preferred but not...
AuctionsHOUSEHOLD, ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES AUCTION Sunday, April 15, 2018 – Sale Time: 1:00 P.M. 114 4th Street N.E. LeMars, IA Masuen Family, Owners. Klein Realty & Auction Jim Klein 712-786-2870
Lost & FoundFound a set of keys (Many on one ring) near Le Mars Little League Park on Saturday March 10, 2018. Call 546-7031 to identify.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt to return on March 31
- Ready to welcome residents
- Prins leads the way as new FV clinic manager
- Movin’ on to state
- Bulldogs open season at Lakes Conference Indoor
- Drug task force makes arrests in illegal drug sales
- Gehlen Elementary principal sends ‘Sweet Tweets’ to students
- YFC to hold annual banquet
- Looking to bring a Farmer’s Market back to Le Mars
- Ohm invites public to Awaken