Jeremy Camp returns to RiseFestSHELDON — RiseFest is pleased to announce the next artist on the 2018 lineup, GRAMMY-nominated artist, Jeremy Camp. This is Camp’s third appearance at RiseFest as he headlined the 2009, and 2014...
Morningside College to present Christmas at Morningside concertSIOUX CITY — Morningside College will present its 22nd annual Christmas at Morningside concert at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 1, in Eppley Auditorium, 3625 Garretson Ave., on the Morningside campus. The...
Training for the unforeseenHINTON — Dispatcher: ‘9-1-1, what’s your emergency?’ Caller: (frantic) ‘There’s been an accident involving a school bus. It’s awful, the kids...’ That was one of the scenarios members of six area...
Gehlen student’s Just Say No design selectedLE MARS — Approximately 700 fourth, fifth and sixth grade students from Le Mars Community and Gehlen Catholic schools filled the LCS middle school auditorium for the kick off of the 2017-18 Le Mars...
Gone but not forgotten
- Get your cookies here (11/24/17)
- New staff handbook to go into effect first of the year (11/24/17)
- Away in a manger (11/22/17)
- Dogs found left behind at Kingsley man’s puppy mill (11/22/17)
- Protocol led to elk being put down after getting loose (11/22/17)
- Celebrating a Hometown Christmas (11/22/17)
- Opportunity for growth (11/21/17)
- Holiday closings set (11/21/17)
- Gehlen trio chosen for Drake Honor Band (11/21/17)
- FVH takes one big step forward in hip surgeries (11/21/17)
- Giving thanks (11/20/17)
- LCS enrollment sees modest increase (11/20/17)
- Le Mars PD welcomes two new officers (11/20/17)
- Total Motors commits to the fight against breast cancer (11/20/17)
- Hospice of Siouxland awarded CHAP Accreditation (11/19/17)
- 2017 Lakes Conference volleyball standings and All-Conference teamsPayton Ahrenstoff, Jr., Spirit LakeAshtyn Veerbeek, Sr., Western ChristianJessi De Jager, Sr., Western ChristianKassidy Pingel, Jr., Cherokee Keely Petzenhauser, Sr., Spencer Emma Loveall, So., Spirit Lake Olivia Granstra, So., Western Christian...
- No. 2 Panthers dominate opener (11/24/17)
- RSM falls in overtime (11/24/17)
- 2017 Western Valley Conference volleyball standings and All-Conference teams (11/24/17)
- 2017 War Eagle Conference volleyball standings and All-Conference teams (11/24/17)
- IGCA 2017 Volleyball All-State Teams (11/24/17)
- INA 2017 All-State Football Teams (11/24/17)
Celeste M. Nemmers (11/24/17)Celeste M. Nemmers, 99, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017, at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. The Mauer-Johnson Funeral Home is assisting her family with arrangements. Expressions of...
Kathy F. Frerichs (11/24/17)Kathy F. Frerichs, 88, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017, at Happy Siesta Care Center in Remsen,. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m., Monday, at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Le Mars. The...
Regina Borchers (11/24/17)Regina Caroline Catharina Borchers, 100, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars in Le Mars. Regina Caroline Catharina Johnsen was born Nov. 2, 1917, in Grant...
Daniel M. 'Butch' Thiel (11/24/17)Daniel M. “Butch” Thiel, 73, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017, at the VA Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska, after a lengthy battle with cancer. Butch was born June 21, 1944, in Le Mars, the...
Help WantedLooking for vibrant, energetic , loving, caring person to join our team at Guardian Angel Preschool & Daycare. Early Childhood Education and or experience a plus. Send inquiries to Guardian Angel Preschool & Daycare 1391 1st St SE LeMars, IA 51031
Help WantedVan's Sanitation has a full-time baler position available. Job duties include, but not limited to, baling various products and sorting of recyclable materials. Must be detail-oriented, motivated person who works well both individually and as a team.CDL helpful, but not required. Please stop by office at 1553 18th St. SW in Le Mars to apply or call 712-548-4644
Help WantedPrime Assisted Living is currently accepting applications for universal workers. Shifts are: 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a. Experience is preferred, but will train the right applicant. CNA/CMA encouraged to apply. Job duties include, but not limited to, hands on care of tenants residing in assisted living facility. Medication administration, assisting with activities of daily living monitoring tenants for changes in needs or conditions. Strong communication skills for reporting to supervisor areas...
Le Mars Houses for RentNice 1 Bedroom, Stove, Refrigerator, Laundry hookup. No smoking. No pets. Available immediately. 541-8796
Help WantedWANTED: Registered Dietitian, licensed in the State of Iowa for WIC/Maternal Child Health Programs. 40 hours per week with hours varying according to clinic schedule. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Dogs found left behind at Kingsley man’s puppy mill
- One big ‘yes’
- Opportunity for growth
- WWII veterans pay homage
- FVH takes one big step forward in hip surgeries
- Gehlen girls looking for breakthrough year on hardwood
- Browns receive $75,000 for bed and breakfast
- Le Mars PD welcomes two new officers
- Vietnam veterans gather to reminisce, pay tribute
- Protocol led to elk being put down after getting loose