Remsen woman charged with insurance fraudDES MOINES — Stephanie Lynn Rink, 32, of Remsen, has been charged with one count of Insurance Fraud - Presenting False Information (Class D Felony), following an investigation by the Iowa Insurance...
Moving forwardMARCUS — Voters in the Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn School District approved a three question measure on the ballot in a special election Tuesday. The measure, at a cost of $20.1 million, will go towards...
Hinton measure deniedHINTON — Voters in the Hinton Community School District rejected a ballot proposal for an increase to the Physical Plant and Equipment Levy (PPEL) in a special election held Tuesday. With 250 total...
Gehlen advances four in individual speechLE MARS — Five Gehlen Catholic High School students took part in the Individual Speech District Contest held March 1 at Le Mars Community High School. Those participating were Josie Scheitler, Aspen...
Wells offers Le Mars employees COVID vaccinesLE MARS — Wells Enterprises, Inc., is offering COVID-19 vaccinations to employees at an onsite clinic in Le Mars on March 8 and 9. The state of Iowa now recognizes food processing workers as an...
Extra vaccines open up clinics for communityLE MARS — Floyd Valley Healthcare has announced vaccine clinics will be made available for community members Friday, March 5 and Tuesday, March 9. “We just learned that we will have extra doses of...
Luxembourg Heritage Society plans for LUX FESTALTON — The Luxembourg Heritage Society of Northwest Iowa will celebrate the previously postponed LUX FEST. Anyone interested in their heritage of Luxembourg ancestry or would like to join in plans...
Reynolds receives J&J vaccineDES MOINES — As part of of her weekly press conference Wednesday, Gov. Kim Reynolds, along with her husband, Kevin, and Interim Director of the Iowa Department of Health Kelly Garcia, received their...
Floyd Valley Healthcare releases COVID-19 vaccine on-line scheduling systemLE MARS — Floyd Valley Healthcare and the Plymouth County Community Health Department are pleased to announce that together they have created a COVID-19 Vaccine On-Line Scheduling system. “This new...
LCS Board talks COVID relief dollarsLE MARS — The Le Mars Community School District Board of Education met in special session Friday, Feb. 26, to address two items related to the money the district is receiving from the Elementary And...
- Arts Center keeps kids active on early out days (3/3/21)
- AmeriCorp, county conservation team up (3/3/21)
- Ewing bestowed with Teacher of the Year honor (3/3/21)
- Public Facilities reports a busy 2020 (3/3/21)
- Council sets March 16 for budget hearing (3/3/21)
- Certified Handlers Course set for March 10 (3/2/21)
- Plymouth County to receive Johnson and Johnson vaccines (3/1/21)
- A lasting legacy (3/1/21)1
- Boutique moves on (3/1/21)
- Bergman takes the lead at Akron Fire-Rescue (3/1/21)
- MidAmerican taking steps to ease customer financial impacts from February heating (2/26/21)
- End of an Era (2/26/21)
- Supervisors OK reno timeline (2/26/21)
- Gehlen Ball to begin festivities (2/26/21)
- Ready or not, here we come (2/25/21)
- Two-time defending champs too much for K-P to handleDES MOINES — The two-time defending Class 1A state champions from Newell-Fonda were in top form in their quest for a three-peat on Wednesday in the state quarterfinals against Kingsley-Pierson. The second-seeded Mustangs came away with an 88-47 win over the seventh-seeded Panthers at Wells Fargo Arena...
- MMCRU falls just short against Exira-EHKDES MOINES — It was a game which could have went either way, like most 4-vs-5 matchups tend to be, but the better-seeded Exira-Elk Horn/Kimballton got the slight edge over MMCRU by a 60-55 score in a Class 1A state quarterfinal Wednesday at Wells Fargo Arena...
- Hinton 2020-21 wrestling recap (3/3/21)
- Hinton 2020-21 boys basketball team recap (3/3/21)
- Hinton 2020-21 girls basketball team recap (3/3/21)
- RSM knocks off Gehlen for fifth straight state appearance (2/27/21)
- Le Mars eliminated from postseason by SB-L (2/26/21)
- Vanderloo medals at state bowling (2/26/21)
John ‘Jack’ Clarkson (3/5/21)John “Jack” Clarkson, 80, of Marcus, died Thursday, March 4, 2021, at Heartland Care Center in Marcus. The Earnest – Johnson Funeral Home in Marcus is assisting Jack’s family with arrangements....
Leona Becker (3/5/21)Leona Becker, 84, of rural Seney, died Thursday, March 4, 2021, at Accura Healthcare of Le Mars. The Mauer – Johnson Funeral Home in Le Mars is assisting Leona’s family with funeral arrangements....
Jane Tentinger Schmidt (3/5/21)Jane Tentinger Schmidt, 69, of Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, died Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021, after a courageous battle with Lymphoma. She was born in Le Mars on Oct. 7, 1951, the second of eight...
Wilmer ‘Bud’ Vreeman (3/3/21)Wilmer D. “Bud” Vreeman, 91, of Ireton, died Sunday, Feb. 28, 2021, at Sanford USD Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Bud Vreeman was born to Dick and Marie (Roskamp) Vreeman on May 1,...
Help WantedWE ARE EXPANDING! Due to expansion, the law firm of Bauerly & Langel, P.L.C. of Le Mars, Iowa is looking to hire a full-time receptionist/legal assistant. The Applicant must be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment, have excellent people skills, be dependable, and be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook. Working knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus. The applicant must be able to type proficiently and relay client...
Le Mars Houses for Rent3 bedroom newly renovated house with 2 car garage. Available April 1. No pets. $1,200.00 monthly. 712-540-8891
Real Estate Plymouth CountyPublisher's notice: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State laws forbid discrimination in the sale, rental or advertising of real estate based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. We...
Help WantedAre you detailed, honest, and full of energy? Then you might be a fit for our growing real estate investment company! Come work in our comfortable work environment with very a flexible work schedule. Applicants should be able to type 40+WPM and have experience with Excel and Word. Salary will be based on experience and productivity. If interested, please send a resume to Oak Tree Properties, PO Box 506, Le Mars, IA 51031. Come grow with us!
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor Rent: 1 Bedroom Apartment, Rent Based on Income. Qualified Applicants must be 62 years or older, handicapped/disabled regardless of any age. Smoke Free Apartments! Please call 712-580-5360.
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor Rent: 1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Apartments, Rent based on income. Smoke Free Apartments. Please call 712-580-5360
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2BR Apt @ Royal Park Apts, includes stove, fridge, dishwasher, garage, washer & dryer hook up in the apt, indoor pool, fitness center, & coin laundry onsite. Taking applications. No Pets No Smoking Call 712-540-3223
Area Apartments for RentCompletely Remodeled 1 bedroom at $450/Month and 2 Bedroom at $550/Month apartment in Remsen. Starting at $500.00 All utilities paid. Central Air, microwave, soft water. Client secure building. No pets. 712-898-4658
For RentThe Shed : Multi-Size storage units available. Call or 712-546-4413
For RentStorage Units for rent. Sizes 10x25, 10x27 and 9x10. Call 712-546-6105
- End of an Era
- RSM knocks off Gehlen for fifth straight state appearance
- A lasting legacy
- Boutique moves on
- Bergman takes the lead at Akron Fire-Rescue
- Plymouth County to receive Johnson and Johnson vaccines
- MidAmerican taking steps to ease customer financial impacts from February heating
- Gehlen Ball to begin festivities
- Le Mars eliminated from postseason by SB-L
- Vanderloo medals at state bowling