Honoring those we lostPLYMOUTH CO. — In observance of the men and women who died while serving in the country’s armed forces, city and county offices, as well as schools will be closed in recognition of Memorial Day. All...
Hanging up the fire gearLE MARS — Mark Garnatz was a member of the Le Mars Fire-Rescue Department for 24 years until a job change made it necessary to retire from the department in May 2018. Garnatz was honored at the Le...
Boys tennis swings its way into state(Photo Contributed) The Le Mars Community boys tennis team pose with their state qualifying banner. The team picked up a 5-3 win over Council Bluffs St. Albert in the substate final before adding a...
Held bids farewell to HintonHINTON — It was all about timing, according to Bruce Held, Hinton middle school math teacher and varsity football co-head coach. “Everyone says you will know when the time is right and they were...
Meredith celebrates 20 yearsLE MARS — When Jon Meredith came to Le Mars to become pastor at First Baptist Church, 20 years ago, it was his first time as a solo pastor. Now, two decades later, he continues to spread the message...
- Webner recognizes LCS school board
- Allie’s Lemonade Stand (5/21/19)
- Medicine’s ‘front line’ (5/20/19)
- Grant to be used for new Ireton fiber optic (5/20/19)
- Purchase to expand LCS parking (5/20/19)
- Engvall honored at Life Skills (5/20/19)
- Dordt officially known as Dordt University (5/19/19)
- Be kind and feel better, research shows (5/19/19)
- Certification workshops for cattle producers and livestock haulers (5/19/19)
- Le Mars Community awarded for safe working environment (5/18/19)
- Yard and Garden: Removing moss from lawns (5/18/19)
- Briar Cliff University faculty receive National Credential in Teaching Excellence (5/18/19)
- A donation to officer safety (5/17/19)
- Fenner honored with Client Achievement award (5/17/19)
- 'Lest We Forget' (5/17/19)
Local teams open baseball seasonREMSEN — Remsen St. Mary’s scored in every inning and Blaine Harpenau threw a no-hitter as the Hawks opened the season with a 10-0 win in five innings over George-Little Rock on Monday. Harpenau used just 68 pitches to record 15 outs, with 13 of those outs coming via strikeout. He allowed one walk to break up what would have been a perfect game...
Le Mars splits with Sioux City EastLE MARS — The Le Mars Community baseball and softball teams split their season openers with Sioux City East on Monday. The Lady Bulldogs earned a 7-3 victory in their game. Brooke Haage led off the bottom of the first with a single and came around to score on a single from Emily Carlson. ...
- Lady Bulldogs fall to undefeated Waterloo Columbus
- Le Mars one of four remaining teams in 1A tennis
- Le Mars girls golf ends season at regionals (5/21/19)
- Pair of former RSM players earn GPAC baseball honors (5/21/19)
- Three local individuals punch tickets to state golf (5/21/19)
- Akron-Westfield headed back to state golf for sixth straight year (5/20/19)
Roger C. Pitts (5/17/19)Roger C. Pitts, 64, long-time Le Mars resident and business owner, died at home surrounded by family on Tuesday May 14, 2019, following a long and courageous battle with Multiple Myeloma. Roger was...
Michael F. Westergard (5/17/19)Michael Francis Westergard, 66, of Le Mars, died unexpectedly on Wednesday, May 15, 2019, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Michael Francis Westergard was born on Dec. 28, 1952, one of four...
Marie Kathryn Banks (5/17/19)Marie Kathryn Banks, 100, formerly of Westfield, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at Wel-Life Assisted Living in Elk Point, South Dakota. Kathryn was born Dec. 1, 1918, in rural...
Mary C. Case (5/17/19)Mary Case, 87, of rural Marcus, passed away peacefully at her home on Thursday, May 16, 2019. Mary Colletta, the daughter of Hugh and Katherine (Carel) Connor, was born Dec. 19, 1931, in Sioux City....
Le Mars Houses for RentVery small 1 Bedroom house. Stove, Refrig. No Pets. No smoking. Available June 1st Call (712)541-8796
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor rent 1 Bedroom apartment. Appliances furnished. Main floor laundry. No pets. No smoking. Call 541-0142
AuctionsSaturday June 15, 2019 @ 12:00 Noon Household; Antuques; Collectibles & More. 4231 Lincoln Way, Sioux City, Iowa. Ted Herbold Estate Stabe Realty & Auction Randy 712-540-9640
AuctionsSunday June 2, 2019 @ 1:00 PM Tractor, Machinery, Tools & More! 35568 240th Street Le Mars, Iowa. Jim & Lu Rolfes Owners Brock Auction Co. Inc. brockauction.com 712-548-4634
Help WantedRemsen Processing has opening for part time help. Must be at least 18 years old. For more information contact 712-786-1197
AuctionsSaturday June 8, 2019 11:00 AM Liquidation Auction, Tractor; Trailers; Tools; Lawn & Garden & More. 1701 3rd Street, Sioux City, Iowa L&L Book Properties- Owner. Stabe Realty & Auction Randy 712-540-9640
AuctionsSaturday June 1, 2019 @ 12:30 PM Household & More 440 Lombardi Road Le Mars, Iowa. Maynard & Bonnie Lang Owners. Stabe Realty & Auction Randy 712-540-9640
Help WantedWANTED: Program Assistant for Housing/Energy Services Program. 24-32 hours per week. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. Position located in Remsen. Associates Degree in secretarial or office assistant program required with excellent organizational and computer skills. Send Mid-Sioux application and resume to Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Inc., 418 S. Marion Street, Remsen, IA 51050 or apply online at www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Business ServicesWe install, tear out and repair all types of farm fences. Call Heartland Fencing and Sheds. for free estimates. 712-552-7379
Help WantedSeeking reliable part time in home care giver to take care f my elderly mother who lives in Le Mars. Assist with daily activities including meal preparation, medication, light housekeeping, etc. CNA or Home Health experience preferred and references required. Call Danna at 805-290-0537 with any questions or to arrange for an interview.
- Held bids farewell to Hinton
- State report released on Sorensen
- Medicine’s ‘front line’
- Let the caps fly.... It’s graduation week in Plymouth County
- Gehlen’s Roder crowned champion of bizarre shortened 3200
- Purchase to expand LCS parking
- A donation to officer safety
- Documenting our nation’s history
- Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Le Mars Community awarded for safe working environment