Literacy takes center stage at LCSDLE MARS — With school slated to start Aug. 23, Le Mars Community School District teachers are deep in lesson plans to welcome students to a new year. Superintendent Dr. Steve Webner said there are...
Powell joins FVHLE MARS — Ashley Powell returns to her hometown this fall to join the medical staff of Floyd Valley Healthcare as a family physician. “We are excited to announce the addition of Dr. Powell to the...
Collins steps down from LCS boardLE MARS — Longtime Le Mars Community School District board of education member Cris Collins submitted his resignation as school board member at the board’s Aug. 13 meeting. Collins has been a board...
A show of gratitude(Sentinel Photos by Beverly Van Buskirk) Wasmer Post #241 held its Sweet Corn and Hamburger Feed at the American Legion Hall in Le Mars on Wednesday night. Le Mars first responders, including Le Mars...
New facility meets demands of MMCRU district, area workforceREMSEN/MARCUS — Students and community members of the Marcus Meriden Cleghorn Remsen-Union school district have a lot of new additions to look forward to this coming school year. The school district...
- 2018 new foods grab eyes and stomachs of fairgoers
- EQIP sign up deadline Oct. 19
- Extension council meeting set
- Healthy Heroes Run & Walk slated for Sept. 8 (8/18/18)
- Alley Art receives hotel/motel sales tax funds (8/18/18)
- Addams Family brings fun, song to stage (8/15/18)
- Remsen Demo Derby celebrates 41 years (8/15/18)
- Heartland Care Center breaks ground on addition (8/15/18)
- A-W pride exudes thanks to PTA (8/14/18)
- Bringing swing music back to life (8/14/18)
- KC’s to hold Back to School dinner (8/14/18)
- Le Mars council denies tax credit extension request by Brown (8/14/18)
- New year brings Chromebooks to Gehlen ag room (8/13/18)
- Sips for SIDS (8/13/18)
- Meis honored as Boss of the Quarter (8/13/18)
- Hinton volleyball swapping one set of seniors for anotherAt a glance: Hinton (2017 Record: 22-11, 10-1 WEC) Key returners: Aspen Coffee, senior (182 kills, 159 digs, 26 aces) Kiana Smutzler, senior (149 digs) Key losses: Bryce Klein (T-1st in kills, 1st in blocks), Kaley Stoulp (1st in digs), Hallie Reuter (1st in assists)...
- Blackhawks aiming to return to football playoffsAt a glance: Hinton (2017 Record: 5-4, 4-3 district) Key returners: QB Braden Vonk, WR Aiden Brock, FB Wyatt Stucky, RB Jesse Ridgway Key losses: OG/DE Jacob Vondrak, OT/OLB Jacob Kirwan, OC/NG Tyler Tschampel, RB Brennan Sitzmann HINTON — The Hinton football team is looking to return to the playoffs this season after missing out last year, ending a streak of five consecutive postseason appearances which was the best stretch in school history. ...
- Hole-in-one (8/16/18)
- MMCRU football hoping to add to win totals (8/15/18)
- Royals building toward the future with youthful volleyball team (8/15/18)
- Le Mars football looking to rely on returning skill positions, avoid injuries (8/14/18)
- Finding efficiency on the baseball mound (8/13/18)
- 2018 Iowa Print Sports Writers Association All-State Baseball (8/13/18)
Belinda Rinnels (8/17/18)Belinda 'Bea' Christine Rinnels, 68 of Remsen, died Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2018, at her home surrounded by family. Belinda Christine Beeck was born on Aug. 20, 1949, in Sioux City, to Alfred and Lucille...
Patricia Fedders (8/14/18)Patricia Fedders, 75, of Milford, passed away peacefully in her home as she wished on Friday, Aug. 10, 2018. Patricia Ann Ver Steeg Fedders was born on Jan. 14, 1943, in Orange City, to Laurence and...
Robert Eggebrecht (8/14/18)Robert Lawrence Eggebrecht, 86, of Hawarden, formerly of Craig, died Sunday, Aug. 12, 2018, at Hillcrest Health Care Center in Hawarden. There will be no services. Arrangements are with the...
John Smaltz (8/13/18)John Smaltz, of Toledo, Ohio, died Sunday, Aug. 5, 2018. John grew up in Le Mars, graduating from Central High School in 1947 and Iowa State University in 1951. John served in the U.S. Navy during...
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 3 Bedroom Farmhouse $575 plus deposit. For application call 712-540-4055. No pets. No smoking.
Le Mars Houses for Rent2 BR, Main floor Laundry. Appliances, Garage. No pets. No smoking. $700/Month 546-8556
AuctionsEstate Land Auction Friday September 14, 2018 at 10:00 AM Auction held at American Bank Le Mars. Location 1 mile West of Blue Bunny Corp. offices on 200th St. between Kestrel & Juniper Ave. Bill Heissel Estate. Stabe Realty & Auction. See our website or like us on FB for more pictures & videos. Randy 540-9640
Area Real EstateAcreage For Sale on contract, 20 minutes from Le Mars. Call 712-635-8522 or go to cooperhomerenovations.com
Help WantedBob's Drive-Inn . Help wanted days. Flexible hours and great starting salary. Please apply within.
Lost & FoundFound a small suitcase on ramp going to Hwy 75 South Le Mars. Please identify. Call 712-239-3830
For SaleFor Sale HomeTown Mobility (Scooter) Excellent condition. Call for more info 540-7511
Help WantedPART-TIME LEARNING CENTER TUTOR/SPECIALIST Provide instructional support service to credit students, students on special schedules, and high school credit students. Bachelor's degree and basic computer skills required. Secondary teaching certificate in math, teaching license in multiple approval areas, two years teaching experience, and bilingual in English and Spanish languages preferred. Day and evening hours, up to 27 hours per week fall and spring semesters, potential for summer hours....
Le Mars Apartments for RentAvailable Sept. 1st . Affordable spacious 2 BR. Quiet, on ground level in residential location. 71-541-9663
Help WantedPART-TIME HEALTH CARE PROGRAMS ASSISTANT Part-time. Up to 20 hours per week, 10 months per year (mid-August to mid-June). Responsible for providing secretarial and simulation support to faculties of Health Sciences. High school diploma or equivalent and basic computer skills required. Health care experience and bilingual in English and Spanish languages preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled. For more details go to www.nwicc.edu. Click on Employment and then NCC...
- Addams Family brings fun, song to stage
- Supervisors vote to maintain status quo
- Le Mars football looking to rely on returning skill positions, avoid injuries
- KC’s to hold Back to School dinner
- Powell joins FVH
- Bringing swing music back to life
- Le Mars council denies tax credit extension request by Brown
- Collins steps down from LCS board
- New facility meets demands of MMCRU district, area workforce
- Hinton volleyball swapping one set of seniors for another