Carreto Perez sentenced to probation for impregnating teenLE MARS — A 23-year-old Le Mars man has been sentenced to three years of probation and ordered to register as a sex offender after being convicted of impregnating a 14-year-old girl. Saqueo Neptali...
Meyer chosen to lead HintonHINTON — Following two days of deliberation, the Hinton Board of Education has announced they have a new district superintendent. On Thursday, Feb. 14, the school board offered a contract to Todd...
A gift that keeps on givingREMSEN — “Have any of your heard of Josh’s Ride?” Beth Meyers, one of the moms running the Plymouth County-based nonprofit, asked a gymnasium full of students at MMCRU Middle School. Among their...
Bulldogs bowl their way to stateThe Le Mars Community bowling teams secured trips to state at the Class 2A state qualifying meet held at Sweet 16 Lanes on Wednesday. The teams will compete at the state tournament on Tuesday, Feb....
Service redefines loveLE MARS — Service brings people together. This couldn’t be truer for Le Mars couple, Deb and Dan Thompson, as they prepare for their fourth mission trip to Jamaica this weekend. “We love it,” Deb...
- Presidents Day brings closings (2/15/19)
- LCS board gets a lesson on ‘The Hill’ (2/15/19)
- Changes ahead for LCS P.E. (2/13/19)
- Bartolozzi honored as Remsen Employee of the Year (2/13/19)
- Bank robbery suspects to have day in federal court (2/12/19)
- It’s all for charity (2/12/19)
- RSM to hold annual ball April 6 (2/12/19)
- Water department had a busy 2018 (2/12/19)
- Gehlen’s Group Improv selected for All State (2/12/19)
- Sentinel brings home INA honor (2/11/19)
- Le Mars Community to be well represented at Speech All-State (2/11/19)
- Renovation project moves forward (2/11/19)
- Helping to feed those in need (2/11/19)
- LCHS releases first semester honor roll (2/10/19)
- Hy-Vee announces expanded discount medicine list (2/10/19)
- Peters to play volleyball at NorthwesternLE MARS — Katie Peters has signed a letter of intent to continue her volleyball career at Northwestern College next fall. Peters is a 6’0” middle hitter who recently completed a standout, four-year career playing for Gehlen Catholic High School. Peters averaged a team-high three kills per set and hit .391, second best in the War Eagle Conference, in leading her team to a third place finish at the 1A state tournament with a 28-5 overall record. ...
- Sentinel Player of the Week- February 15, 2019Sentinel Player of the Week: Alex Irwin, Le Mars Community Irwin in the last week: 30 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist vs. Vermillion 17 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists vs. Sioux City West 15 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1 block vs. Sioux City North...
- MMCRU/RSM bowling competes at state qualifying meet (2/14/19)
- Records broken as Le Mars bowling teams qualify for state (2/14/19)
- MMCRU boys secure first postseason win in program history (2/14/19)
- MMCRU girls top Gehlen in overtime to advance, avenge losses (2/14/19)
- Christiansen splits matches on first day of state tourney (2/14/19)
- Briggs, Henrich secure opening day wins at state (2/14/19)
Larry Allen Smith (2/15/19)Larry Allen Smith, 74, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019, at his home. Larry Allen Smith was born on March 17, 1944, in rural Onawa, to Edna (Kirk) and Raymond ‘Curley’ Smith. On Nov. 7, 1969,...
Berniece Breitbarth (2/15/19)Berniece Breitbarth, 100, of Le Mars, died Monday, Feb. 11, 2019 at the Akron Care Center in Akron. Berniece Helene Borchers was born March 12, 1918, in Le Mars, the daughter of Bernard and Pauline...
Berniece Breitbarth (2/13/19)Berniece Breitbarth, 100, of Le Mars, died Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, at the Akron Care Center in Akron. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m., Saturday, at St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – Preston...
David J. Ludwigs (2/13/19)David J. Ludwigs, 71, of Le Mars, died Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019, at MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center in Sioux City. David John Ludwigs was born on March 30, 1947, in Le Mars, to Harry and Lillian...
Help WantedGreenway Lawn Care . Help wanted. Full time mowing positions. Experience with zero-turn is a plus. Also looking for full time Chemical Applicator. 712-546-4055 or greenway firstname.lastname@example.org
Help WantedLe Mars Community Schools Part-time Custodian-Middle School 4-9:30 pm (Mon.-Fri) $14.59/hr. If interested, apply online www.lemarscsd.org Open until filled EOE
VehiclesFOR SALE BY CITY OF LE MARS - 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500, 81,026 mi. As is. Call 546-5003 to view at Wastewater Plant. Submit Sealed Bids to City Clerk, 40 Central Ave SE, Le Mars, IA 51031 by 5:00 PM Feb. 15, 2019. City has right to reject any/all bids.
Help WantedHeardsman/ Farmhand Cattle Feedlot (Hawarden IA) Valley View Feedlot - Hawarden Iowa is looking for a full time employee, approx. 45-60hr/week Job description includes feeding , processing cattle, some field work. Previous cattle experience is helpful, will train the right individual. Good benefits include, Insurance Options, Retirement & Paid Vacation. Apply in person at 4874 Birch Ave. Hawarden or Call Kevin @ 712-548-3659
Help WantedHelp wanted CNA 2 Positions Full or Part Time 4-9 PM or 2-10 PM Apply in person at Accura Healthcare of Le Mars 954 7th Ave SE Le Mars, IA
AuctionsMarch 2, 2019 @ 11:00 am Large Toy Tractors & Collectable's Live & Online Auction Plymouth County Fair Grounds Wayne Weidauer Trust - Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 / brockauction.com
Help WantedHelp wanted Full Time Electrical Work. Benefits include, Paid Vacation, Holiday Pay, Health Insurance, Aflac Policy and Simple IRA. Apply in person at Barry's Electric 119 West Hawkeye Drive Remsen, Iowa or call 712-261-1172
AuctionsMarch 2, 2019 @ 11AM Impound Vehicle Auction 80+ Vehicles 321 1st Ave NE LeMars Stockton Towing Stabe Realty & Auction Randy 540-9640
FUN IN THE SUN AT LAKE OKOBOJISUNRISE COVE TOWNHOUSE ON WEST LAKE OKOBOJI FOR RENT JULY 5,2019 - JULY 12, 2019. SLEEPS SIX WITH FULL KITCHEN AND LAUNDRY IN UNIT FOR ONLY $1350 (INSTALLMENT PLAN AVAILABLE). CALL 760-807-9067 TO RESERVE THIS UNIT.
Help WantedFour Brothers Bar and Grill is hiring for kitchen help and servers. Apply within
- Meyer chosen to lead Hinton
- Carreto Perez sentenced to probation for impregnating teen
- MMCRU girls top Gehlen in overtime to advance, avenge losses
- Records broken as Le Mars bowling teams qualify for state
- Students bestowed the Eugene and Betty Sitzmann Scholarship
- Renovation project moves forward
- Changes ahead for LCS P.E.
- Peters to play volleyball at Northwestern
- Le Mars Community to be well represented at Speech All-State
- LCHS releases first semester honor roll