Fifteen ladies vie for sesqui queen honorLE MARS — With the city’s 150th birthday swiftly approaching, the Le Mars Sesquicentennial Committee is hard at work finding the right young woman to represent the city as the Le Mars...
A sneak peek at the new police headquartersLE MARS — Le Mars City Council members received a tour of the new home of the Le Mars Police Department following their Tuesday council meeting.
Raymond, Oetken, Brock, Plante toss names in hat for judgeshipPLYMOUTH CO. — The Plymouth/Sioux Magistrate Nominating Commission has received 10 applications for the judgeship that will be created by the retirement of Associate District Court Judge Robert J....
Holiday meal to feed hundredsLE MARS — Rejoice! Community Church is gearing up for its annual Community Thanksgiving Banquet, Thursday, Nov. 22. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., the church will open its doors to anyone in need of a...
Parade to kickoff holiday festivitiesLE MARS — Holiday cheer will light up Central Avenue, Saturday, Dec. 1, when the Le Mars Lighted Christmas Parade will travel from Eighth Street South to Second Street North, beginning at 6 p.m....
- Closings set for holiday
- Board OKs school bus purchase
- Vets spanning multi wars unite for dinner (11/19/18)
- Gehlen musicians selected for Drake Honor Band Festival (11/19/18)
- Chamber introduces Shop, Save, Give (11/19/18)
- Top Notch Automotive celebrates new ownership (11/19/18)
- Total Motors salutes veterans (11/18/18)
- Iowans volunteering in record numbers (11/18/18)
- Manure application tips on frozen soil (11/18/18)
- Carbon monoxide toxicity named contributing factor in plane crash (11/17/18)
- Konz named Le Mars Chamber November Employee of the Month (11/17/18)
- New rocket ship playhouse blasts off at LaunchPAD (11/17/18)
- Immigration and the dairy industry (11/17/18)
- A hands on healthcare experience (11/16/18)
- Frigid temps don’t deter cyclists (11/16/18)
- WC-KP 2018 cross country season recapVarsity Girls- Team 1st of 5 Individual- Out of 52 runners Erika Kuntz, 1st, 20:39.59 Makayla Archer, 2nd, 20:40.69 Sarahy Hamman, 4th, 21:29.27 Sarah Putze, 6th, 21:44.30 Kalyn Cameron, 8th, 21:56.51 Mary Putze, 10th, 22:00.25 Lynsey Countryman, 15th, 23:18.81...
- Lady Bulldogs win fourth straight in series against HintonHINTON — In the season-opener for both teams, Class 4A No. 7 Le Mars Community came away with a 66-24 victory over Hinton on Tuesday night for their fourth straight win in the series. According to Le Mars Head Coach Judd Kopperud, that’s quite an accomplishment for the program in the series as the pendulum has swung in favor of the Bulldogs after being on Hinton’s side for over a decade...
- Le Mars bowling starts season with wins
- Kingsley-Pierson 2018 volleyball recap (11/20/18)
- Kingsley-Pierson 2018 football recap (11/20/18)
- Lady Jays roll past River Valley in season opener (11/20/18)
- Hawks will send another young team on the court (11/19/18)
- Panthers have to replace several key pieces (11/19/18)
Edward R. 'Ed' Anderson (11/14/18)Edward R. “Ed” Anderson, 49, of Le Mars, died on Friday, Nov. 9, 2018, while piloting a friend's plane. The accident occurred near Guthrie Center, due to an unexpected medical situation. Edward Ralph...
Patrick Kellen (11/14/18)Patrick Kellen, 36, of Le Mars, died Friday, Nov. 9, 2018, from injuries sustained in an airplane accident near Guthrie Center. Patrick John Kellen was born on Sept. 26, 1982, in Le Mars, the son of...
Samantha 'Sami' M. Clark (11/14/18)Samantha “Sami” M. Clark, 15, of Le Mars, died Friday, Nov. 9, 2018, from injuries sustained in an airplane accident near Guthrie Center. Samantha Marie Clark was born on Feb. 14, 2003, in Cherokee,...
Tyler Douvia (11/14/18)Tyler Douvia, 28, of Le Mars, died Friday, Nov. 9, 2018 from injuries sustained in an airplane accident near Guthrie Center. Tyler Lee Douvia was born on April 20, 1990, in Le Mars, the son of...
Area Houses for Rent3 bedroom house in Remsen available for rent January 1, 2019. Stove & refrigerator included. Attached single car garage. No pets, No smoking, deposit required. Please call after 5. 540-4981 or 540-1864
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor rent 3 BR Main Floor apartment. Utilities included. Onsite washer/Dryer 540-9996
AuctionsDecember 7, 2018 @ 10:00 am 237 Acres M/L Unimp. Farmland Security National Bank, Akron IA. Gilbert & Pat Winter - Owners. Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
Area Apartments for RentFor Rent: Nice 2 BR Apt in Remsen. Hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings. Available immediately. $500 + Utilities. 712-540-3100
Le Mars Apartments for RentNice 2 Bedroom . Quiet complex. Some utilities paid. Laundry available. No Smoking. No Pets. Off street parking. $560 Available Dec. 1 712-546-7662
Help WantedWANTED: Assistant Teacher for Cherokee Head Start Center. 32-36 hours/week, September through May. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information and to apply online please visit www.midsioux.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Real Estate Plymouth CountyCITY OF LE MARS PROPERTY FOR SALE - 1964 Lincoln Avenue SW (1.52 AC). Zoned I-3 (Heavy Ind) and offered as vacant lot in "as is" condition. Current structure will be demolished by City before transfer of deed. City Council will consider any and all written proposals received by Nov. 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM at City Hall, 40 Central Ave SE, Le Mars, IA. Said Proposals will come on for Public Hearing on Dec. 4, 2018 at 12:00 PM in the Council Chambers, City Hall, 40 Central Ave SE, Le Mars, IA....
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR 2 bath Duplex Appliances included, attached garage, lawn care included. $750 per month. 408 7th Ave. SW. 712-539-1220
Real Estate Plymouth CountyHome For The Holidays . Room for family: Chef kitchen, 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 plus attached garage. $149,950. 19 Meadow Dr. Kingsley. Call Gayle 712-251-6178. move in quick. United Real Estate.
Help WantedHelp Wanted: Self-motivated person with the ability to operate skid loader & heavy equipment. As well as other operations at a Landfill. Training available. Work hours 7:30 to 4:00. Must have Class A manual or automatic license. Benefits: IPERS, Family Health Ins., Paid Vacation & Holidays. Send resume or pick up an application at : Plymouth County Solid Waste Agency 34898 150th St. Le Mars, IA 51031 email: email@example.com Ph: 712-546-6071
- Carbon monoxide toxicity named contributing factor in plane crash
- A community united: When amongst tragedy Plymouth County rises
- Plane crash claims the lives of four
- Ice cream parlor to reopen to public
- The Browns debut ‘The Innkeeper’s Wife’
- Parade to kickoff holiday festivities
- Raymond, Oetken, Brock, Plante toss names in hat for judgeship
- UPDATE: Plane crash claims lives of county residents
- Plane, bodies found in Guthrie Center crash
- Lady Bulldogs eyeing repeat trip to state tournament