Reno allows for easier classroom accessLE MARS — Once a remodel underway at the Le Mars Arts Center is completed, the facility will be 100 percent handicap accessible. The remodel will bring access to the large downstairs room on the...
Council gives OK to engineering agreement for PlyWood TrailLE MARS — Planning continues for the PlyWood Trail which would connect Le Mars and Sioux City with a recreation trail for bicyclists. At Tuesday’s meeting, Le Mars City Council members reviewed an...
Coworkers combine for 40-plus years experienceLE MARS — Floyd Valley Healthcare is celebrating National CRNA Week Jan. 19-25 in honor of its two Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists — Gary Tillman and Laura Real. CRNAs’ emphasis on safe,...
Improperly discarded smoking materials cause of house fireLE MARS — Le Mars Fire and Rescue, along with two other fire departments, responded to a house fire on Monday afternoon. According to Le Mars Fire and Rescue Chief David Schipper the call came in...
Downing named first Boss of Quarter in 2020LE MARS — Primebank’s Doug Downing was recognized as the Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce’s First Quarter Boss of the Quarter on Monday afternoon. In nominating Downing for the honor, Primebank Vice...
Board acts on policy changesLE MARS — The Le Mars Community Schools Board of Education dealt with policy updates and new mandated policies at its Jan. 13 meeting. Superintendent Dr. Steve Webner said, “Every three years we have...
Wells partners to launch new line of ice creamLE MARS — The Le Mars-based ice cream manufacturer, Wells Enterprises, Inc., has partnered with a major chain restaurant to launch a new line of cheesecake ice cream. That’s right, Wells and The...
Snow Scamper to be held Feb. 1PLYMOUTH CO. — Now in its seventh year, the Plymouth County Conservation Foundation’s Snow Scamper event serves as one of its top fundraisers while giving people an opportunity to enjoy nature at the...
LCS board proposal opens with zero salary increaseLE MARS — The Le Mars Community School District’s bargaining team brought its contract proposal for the 2020-2021 school year to the Le Mars Community Education Association’s bargaining team Thursday...
LPD recognizes Reed as Officer of the YearLE MARS — A 32-year veteran of the Le Mars Police Department was recently honored as Officer of the Year. Senior Patrolman Mark Reed was presented the award at the department’s Jan. 13 meeting. “It...
- #BlackhawkStrong (1/16/20)
- Fire engulfs rural Akron residence (1/16/20)
- Holtzen children identified as victims in Tuesday accident (1/15/20)
- Making a great impact (1/15/20)
- LCS advances eight to NWICDA (1/15/20)
- School board votes to go to monthly meetings (1/15/20)
- Two Hinton School siblings dead after Tuesday accident (1/14/20)
- Eight Gehlen vocalists named to NWICDA (1/14/20)
- Put a leash on it (1/14/20)
- Chamber dnner tickets still available (1/14/20)
- Radloff takes over communications for WAFA (1/14/20)
- Prepping the ice rink (1/13/20)
- Indoor Ridiculous Days begins Wednesday (1/13/20)
- Le Mars sees ‘phenomenal year for building, new home construction’ (1/13/20)
- Scholten to host town hall meeting in Hinton (1/12/20)
- Gehlen reaches season scoring high in win over Woodbury CentralLE MARS — Fueled by four players in double digits, the Gehlen Catholic boys basketball team reached their season scoring high on Monday in a 73-57 win over Woodbury Central. The win brought an end to a five-game losing streak for the Jays in a game against the one-win Wildcats. Gehlen Catholic Head Coach Mike Langel said it was nice to get back in the win column...
- Turnover bug hits Lady Jays against Woodbury CentralLE MARS — While the Gehlen Catholic girls basketball team was the healthiest they’ve been in a while, thanks in part to a nine-day layoff between games, another bug hurt the Lady Jays against Woodbury Central on Monday, the turnover bug. Gehlen turned the ball over 31 times en route to a 64-57 loss...
- MMCRU splits contests with Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn (1/21/20)
- Le Mars brings down East, West in wrestling duals (1/17/20)
- Borchers named to award watch list (1/17/20)
- Sentinel Player of the Week- January 17, 2020 (1/17/20)
- MMCRU/RSM bowling teams get wins over West Sioux (1/17/20)
- Royals earn sweep over Harris-Lake Park (1/17/20)
Ida Schuette (1/21/20)Ida Schuette, 87, of Brandon, South Dakota, formerly of Le Mars, died Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020, at the Bethany Home in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, at...
Rev. Gary P. Landsness (1/21/20)The Rev. Gary P. Landsness, 63, of Le Mars, died unexpectedly at his home on Friday, Jan. 17, 2020. Gary Peter Landsness entered this world on Oct. 26, 1956, in Madison, Wisconsin, the son of Gerhard...
Shirlee Ann Wells (1/21/20)Shirlee Ann Wells (Clemens), 84, of Le Mars, died Monday, Jan. 13, 2020 at home with family in Jefferson City, Missouri, following a brief illness. Shirlee was born on Feb. 1, 1935, to Roy and Kitty...
Mary Jo Eckerman (1/21/20)Mary Jo Eckerman, 88, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2020, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars, Le Mars. Mary Jo Ann Lockard was born in Le Mars, to Gordon and Lola (Jones) Lockard on Oct. 8,...
AuctionsFebruary 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am: 160 Acres M/L Unimproved Land Auction! Sec. 27, Grant Township, Woodbury County, IA Held at the American Legion Hall in Anthon, IA. Pat Maguire Revocable Trust - Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
Le Mars Houses for Rent2 BR House for rent. All appliances furnished, single stall attached garage. No pets. No smoking. $750 Month 541-4324
Help WantedHelp wanted Part Time Secretary 25-30 Hours per week. The ideal candidate will work with the Pastor(s), Church Leaders, Coworkers, Congregation members/volunteers to serve the needs of the church ,while creating a positive environment focused on the success of Grace Lutheran Church. The ideal candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and have excellent communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality. Send resume to Pastor at Grace Lutheran Church Timothy Geitz...
AuctionsSaturday, Feb. 15, 2020 at 11:00 A.M. Retirement Auction of Excellent Line of Large Late Model Farm Machinery & Equipment Simulcast Auction 2074 C 43, Cherokee, IA Dave & Pat Kastengren, Owners im Klein, Coordinator & Iowa Auction Group 712-786-2870
AnnouncementsUpcoming Winter and Spring Motor coach tours with Paul and Elaine De Jong. Florida Panhandle to the Everglades – February 22 – March 9;Savannah/Charleston Springtime – March 20 – 29; Amish Back Roads of Shipshewana – June 22 – 27. Call today for information or to book! Allied Tour and Travel 712-707-9090 or 712-395-0105.
Help WantedHeartland Care Center , in Marcus, is currently looking to hire the following positions: Full-time certified nurses' aide Part-time certified nurses' aide Part-time housekeeping and laundry aide Part-time dietary aide We are excited to hire a dedicated individual whom wants to be part of a family-like environment. The selected candidate would be eligible for a large sign-on bonus in addition to highly competitive pay. Education credits are available as well! Heartland also offers health...
Help WantedHelp wanted : Local Driver, Livestock & Van Freight. Paid Health Insurance and IRA. Holzman Trucking Phone 540-1083
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Head Custodian (Clark Elementary) $17.34/hr. approximately 45 hrs/wk, health insurance and IPERS provided Teacher Associate (Elementary) $15.43/hr 27.5 hrs/wk Open until filled If interested, apply online at www.lemarscsd.org EOE
Area Apartments for RentCompletely Remodeled 1 bedroom apartment in Remsen. All utilities paid. Central Air, microwave, soft water. Client secure building. No pets. 712-898-4658
For SalePAYING CA$H for Junk / Salvage cars, trucks, and vans. Free Towing. Fast Pick-up. Open 24/7 712-899-1865
- Two Hinton School siblings dead after Tuesday accident
- Holtzen children identified as victims in Tuesday accident
- Prepping the ice rink
- Making a great impact
- Sentinel Player of the Week- January 17, 2020
- Fire engulfs rural Akron residence
- Keeper of the stats
- Radloff takes over communications for WAFA
- Put a leash on it