Remsen residents split on sidewalksREMSEN — A proposed transportation action plan was met with mixed feeling during a public forum at Remsen City Hall, Wednesday, March 13. The plan, created in collaboration between the city of Remsen...
K-P Middle School honored for Making a DifferencePIERSON — For the 2018-19 school year, students at Kingsley-Pierson Middle School have been #K-P Strong and #Bubke Strong.
Honduras boundLE MARS — Gehlen Catholic Schools sent off another class of students to Honduras, Tuesday, March 19, in a ceremony honoring previous mission trips and preparing them for their upcoming journey. One...
Taking on water againPLYMOUTH CO. — Flooding plagues Plymouth County once again as rainfall and melting snow combine to wreak havoc on roadways and property. Less than six months have passed since the last...
Shepherds Floral celebrates with ribbon cutting(Sentinel Photo by Kim Fickett) Shepherds Floral Owners Denise Gengler, holding scissors, and Paul Gengler, middle, prepare to cut the ribbon in celebration of the grand opening on their new...
- YMCA sees increases in 2018 (3/15/19)
- LCS Board sets Friday start date for 2019-20 (3/15/19)
- In-kind work tops public facilities report (3/13/19)
- LCS teachers to see 1.59 percent raise (3/13/19)
- FVH diabetes educator certified on growing trend (3/13/19)
- On the frontline of innovation (3/13/19)
- Ranked amongst the safest (3/12/19)
- Fish Fry season is back (3/12/19)
- Agri-luncheon tickets are still available (3/12/19)
- Council hears year-end street report (3/12/19)
- Bishop visits Gehlen (3/11/19)
- Pork Producers crown queen, Little Miss Pigtails (3/11/19)
- A century of patriotism (3/11/19)
- CVB funds more than $40,000 in grants (3/11/19)
- MMCRU moves on to Farm Progress Show (3/11/19)
Keating selected as IHSAA’s executive directorBOONE – The Board of Control of the Iowa High School Athletic Association has selected Tom Keating to serve as its next executive director, starting July 1, 2019. Keating is currently the president at Xavier, Cedar Rapids and will be the sixth executive director in IHSAA history. He will replace outgoing executive director Alan Beste, who announced his retirement in August...
- Borchers, Hilbrands earn All-American recognitionKANSAS CITY, Mo. – The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) announced the 2019 Division II Men’s Basketball All-America teams on Thursday. Cameron Hunt, of Southwestern College (Kan.), was named National Player of the Year. Tyler Borchers (Le Mars, Iowa) was named to the second team for Morningside College...
- KP-WC girls win two events at BVU Elite Meet
- Le Mars track and field team competes at BVU Elite Meet
- Wurth part of Briar Cliff football recruiting class (3/15/19)
- Borchers gains NAIA National Tourney accolade (3/15/19)
- Le Mars boys open season at Lakes Conference Indoor (3/15/19)
- Le Mars girls win pair of events at Lakes Indoor Meet (3/15/19)
Beatriz Reyes Rosas (3/15/19)Beatriz Reyes Rosas, 86, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, March 12, 2019, at MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center in Sioux City. Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 4 p.m., today (Friday), at All...
Victoria 'Vickie' Ott (3/13/19)Victoria “Vickie” Ott, 91, of Le Mars, died Monday, March 11, 2019, at Happy Siesta Health Care Center in Remsen. Victoria Louise Kuttler was born June 8, 1927, on a farm southeast of Remsen, the...
Vickie Ott (3/12/19)Victoria “Vickie” Ott, 91, of Le Mars, died Monday, March 11, 2019, at Happy Siesta Health Care Center in Remsen. Memorial service will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, at Grace Lutheran Church in Le Mars....
Karl 'Dutch' Schnepf (3/8/19)Karl “Dutch” Schnepf, 83, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, March 6, 2019, at the Brentwood Good Samaritan Village in Le Mars following a brave battle with COPD. Karl John Schnepf was born on June 23,...
Help WantedWANTED: Registered Dietitian, licensed in the State of Iowa for WIC/Maternal Child Health Programs. 40 hours per week with hours varying according to clinic schedule. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houses for Rent
House for Rent in LeMars2br 1Ba house for rent in LeMars. Available April 1st. - $700 mo and deposit req Contact - Call,Text or Email Mark for details.
AuctionsSaturday April 13, 2019 @ 10:00 am Commercial Building & Property 25 2nd Ave NW, Le Mars, Iowa Dr. David Kehm-Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. brockauction.com 548-4634
AnnouncementsDUE TO THE POSTPONEMENT OF OUR TRAVEL SHOW THIS WEEK due to inclement weather, join us on Wednesday, March 20 at 10:00 a.m. at the Family Table in Le Mars. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. The weather looks better on Wednesday the 20th! J Elaine De Jong, Allied Tour and Travel – 712-395-0105
AuctionsSaturday, March 30, 2019 @ 12:00 Noon Two Party Auction Furniture & Household Goods, Lawn & Garden Tools & Equipment 500 Webster Street, Merrill, IA (In case of inclement weather, auction will be held @ Plymouth County Historical Museum ,335 1st Avenue SW, LeMars, IA) Owners, Bill & Joyce Puetz Estate & Jim Harpenau Klein Realty & Auction, Co 712-786-2870
FreebiesTo give away 300 Page Cookie Jar Book illustrated. Call 546-4014
Le Mars Houses for Rent3 bedroom , 2 bathroom, appliances, 2 car garage, full basement, central air. 712-305-5726.
Growing Salon Needs More StylistsSupercuts is growing and needs more stylists! Join a great team with competitive guaranteed hourly rate plus commissions from day 1. $500 new hire bonus. Paid ongoing education. Equipment supplied (except shears). Team bonus program. Closed Sundays!...
AuctionsApril 3, 2019 Approx. 88 Unimp. Acres Farmland Hungerford Twsp., Plymouth County, IA Bob & Eliese Hoffman Owners Brock Auction Co. Inc. brockauction.com 712-548-4634
Help WantedPosition Available Part-time teaching positions for on campus and off campus Math courses. Master’s degree required. Fall semester begins August 20, 2019. For more information contact Dr. Rhonda Pennings, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park Street, Sheldon, IA 51201, 712-631-5640. AA/EOE
- Taking on water again
- On the frontline of innovation
- Ranked amongst the safest
- Fish Fry season is back
- MMCRU moves on to Farm Progress Show
- Shepherds Floral celebrates with ribbon cutting
- A century of patriotism
- FVH diabetes educator certified on growing trend
- Hinton Mathawks place four at AAU Super Pee Wee State
- LCS teachers to see 1.59 percent raise