Pioneer Village ready for second weekendLE MARS — Pioneer Village Christmas Wonderland will be open for its second and final weekend this Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 15 and 16, at the Plymouth County Fairgrounds.
Charges filed in bank robbery incidentLE MARS — On an afternoon where officers of different law enforcement agencies across northwest Iowa converged on Le Mars for monthly tactical training, a suspect in his mid-20’s with a neck and face...
Suspect apprehended after chaseLE MARS — Le Mars Police and Plymouth County Sheriff's officers, along with other county law enforcement agencies, were on a high-speed chase shortly after 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, from Le Mars west on...
Church gifts Pippett a bikeLE MARS — A regular morning service at the Presbyterian United Church of Christ became a life-changing experience for young Hayden Pippett, Sunday, Nov. 11, when she received a bike specifically...
Cabney joins LPD forceLE MARS — There’s a new police officer on the Le Mars Police Department. Brandon Cabney was sworn in Tuesday, Dec. 4, by Le Mars Mayor Dick Kirchoff and received his LPD badge. “We are excited to...
- LCS to hold Christmas concert
- Feedlot Forum 2019 to feature marketing
- Compensation board to recommend 4 percent (12/14/18)
- A-W bond issue defeated for a third time (12/14/18)
- LCS adds soccer to 2019-20 line up (12/12/18)2
- Life Skills to hold annual event (12/12/18)
- Join KCs for ‘Breakfast with Santa’ event (12/11/18)
- Beitelspacher earns LPD promotion (12/11/18)
- CAUTION! Schools address bus safety (12/11/18)1
- It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (12/10/18)
- Schwarz moves up in ranks (12/10/18)
- Hinton Fire undergoes some safety upgrades (12/10/18)
- Perry Creek Dairy honored with Iowa Venture Award (12/10/18)
- Woodbury County Parks announces programs (12/9/18)
- Plymouth County Fair exhibitors’ champion photos on display (12/9/18)
- RSM withstands second half comeback from PanthersKINGSLEY — It was a tale of two halves on Thursday evening as the Remsen St. Mary’s boys basketball team met Kingsley-Pierson in non-conference action. The first half was decidedly in favor of the Hawks while the Panthers made things interesting late in the game as they controlled much of the second half. In the end RSM held on for a 60-53 win...
- No. 14 Lady Panthers take down Remsen St. Mary’sKINGSLEY — Class 1A No. 14 Kingsley-Pierson matched an earlier season streak of four wins with a 63-30 victory over winless Remsen St. Mary’s on Thursday night in non-conference action. The four consecutive wins all came in the span of a week which has left the team learning by doing out on the court...
- Sentinel Player of the Week- December 14, 2018 (12/14/18)
- K-P wrestlers edge Rams, fall to Wildcats (12/13/18)
- K-P girls win, A-W girls fall on Tuesday (12/13/18)
- West Sioux claims two over RSM (12/13/18)
- MMCRU boys get first win, girls dominate HMS (12/13/18)
- Le Mars stymies Estherville-Lincoln Central at home (12/13/18)
Ruth Morrissey (12/10/18)Ruth Clare Morrissey, 92, of Le Mars, formerly of rural Kingsley, was united in heaven with her husband, Bob, on Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, at Park Place Estates in Le Mars. Ruth, the 10th child...
Mary Meister (12/7/18)Mary Meister, 65, of Le Mars, passed away peacefully Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018, at Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars in Le Mars. Mary was born Dec. 16, 1952, in Sioux City, the daughter of Lynn and Jessie...
Maxine Anderson (12/7/18)Maxine Anderson, 94, of Akron, died at her home on Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018. Maxine Vivian Shearer was born on April 9, 1924, in Westfield. She attended school in Westfield and graduated as...
Elrane Kay McMillan (12/7/18)Elrane Kay McMillan, 68, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018, at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. Elrane Kay Peterson was born on Feb. 20, 1950, in Audubon, to Leroy and Mary Ann (Bald)...
Help WantedWANTED: Family Advocate for Cherokee & Plymouth Counties. 40 hours a week, 52 weeks per year. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
AuctionsThursday December 20, 2018 @ 12:00 PM Personal Property & Collectibles 205 Sodrac Drive, North Sioux City, SD. Bill Markve Estate-Owner Brock Auction Co., Inc. 548-4634 brockauction.com
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR available now . References/lease required. 1st, last, deposit due at move in. Stove, Refrigerator, washer, dryer and AC. No smoking. No pets. Call for details (712) 501-1445
AuctionsSaturday December 28, 2018 @ 10:30 AM Car Lot Auction 1900 Floyd Blvd. Sioux City, Iowa Greg Golden Seller. Stabe Realty & Auction Randy 712-540-9640
Le Mars Houses for RentNice 1 - 2 bedroom . Stove, Refrigerator. No Smoking. No Pets. Available immediately. 712-541-8796
Help WantedJohnson Brothers is seeking a full-time Delivery Driver, Class A or Class B CDL required. $1,000 Sign-on-bonus, four day work week and great benefits, Call 515-280-4880 or johnsonbrothers.com
AnnouncementsGREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEA! Give Travel Bucks to the person who has everything! Call Elaine today to get some for that special Christmas gift! Tel. 712-707-9090 or 712-395-0105.
AnnouncementsEscape winter with Paul and Elaine De Jong on our Florida Winter Escape – February 22 – March 6, 2019 by motor coach! Call today for pricing and details. Allied Tour and Travel, Tel. 712-707-9090 or 712-395-0105.
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 & 2 Bedroom apartments for rent. No Pets. No Smoking. 712-540-5162
Real Estate Plymouth CountyPublisher's notice: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State laws forbid discrimination in the sale, rental or advertising of real estate based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. We...
- Suspect apprehended after chase
- Church gifts Pippett a bike
- Charges filed in bank robbery incident
- CAUTION! Schools address bus safety
- Perry Creek Dairy honored with Iowa Venture Award
- LCS adds soccer to 2019-20 line up
- Floyd Valley Healthcare Medical Staff Elects Officers
- Schwarz moves up in ranks
- Le Mars defeats MMCRU/RSM in bowling action
- Pioneer Village ready for second weekend