‘Oh, Promise Me!’ hits the stage ThursdayLE MARS - Students from Gehlen Catholic School open their spring production of “Oh, Promise Me!,” at 7 p.m., Thursday, April 26. This comedy of errors, written by Peter Williams, follows a young...
Gehlen musicians and vocalists compete at solo, ensemble contestLE MARS — Gehlen Catholic High School Instrumental and Vocal Music Departments competed at the Iowa High School Music Association’s Solo and Ensemble Contest, in Class 1A, on Saturday, April 21, at...
Gehlen Ball shatters all time recordLE MARS — With last week’s snowfall, the Le Mars area embraced spring with “A Night at the Masters,” the 31st annual Friends of Gehlen Catholic Ball on Saturday, April 21, at the Le Mars Convention...
Ver Mulm honored as Citizen of YearLE MARS — Members of the Le Mars Rotary Club gathered April 17 for the first Le Mars Rotary Club Awards Banquet at the Central Event Center. Following the dinner, Rotary Club President Paul Jacobson...
LPD to host first ever Run to RememberLE MARS — In honor of National Police Week and those in law enforcement who have lost their life in the line of duty, the Le Mars Police Association is sponsoring a Run to Remember 5K Walk or Run at...
- City sets Spring Clean Up dates (4/25/18)
- CNC celebrates offering a ‘hands up, not a hand out’ (4/25/18)
- Gehlen celebrates spring with concert (4/23/18)
- Federal dollars holds up airport runway extension (4/23/18)
- 27th annual RSM Gala proves a huge success (4/23/18)
- Event to honor local superheroes (4/23/18)
- Iowa Outdoors season 8 to premiere on IPTV (4/22/18)
- Le Mars United Way announces 2018-19 Board of Directors (4/22/18)
- BCU to celebrate Earth Day (4/21/18)
- ‘May Day at the Museum’ coming April 30 (4/21/18)
- Northwest Iowa law enforcement unites (4/20/18)
- Daycare request causes city to reevaluate ordinances (4/20/18)
- Road bids awarded in county projects (4/20/18)
- Ambulance makes over 1,000 patients contacts in 2017 (4/20/18)
- Honoring those behind the scene (4/18/18)
Local athletes qualify for 2018 Drake RelaysDES MOINES — The 2018 Drake Relays begin on Wednesday and will run through Saturday. The high school portion of the Drake Relays take the top individuals and teams from across all classes in the state of Iowa. Dylan Rarrat-Kass of Le Mars has qualified in the high jump. His best jump this season was 6-04 which he hit at the team’s home Don Shilling Invite. The mark is tied for 17th best in the state this season...
- Lady Panthers host golf meetKINGSLEY — Brookside Golf Course was the site of a non-conference meet between a handful of Western Valley Conference teams on Tuesday. Woodbury Central took the top spot with a 197 behind a solid 35 round from Sally Gallagher. Second place went to MVAOCOU as they shot a 202 with individual runner-up Haylee Halbur leading the team with a 43...
- H-LP boys, Hinton girls win quadrangular with RSM and MMCRU (4/25/18)
- Le Mars girls golf wins triangular; Boys fall short in quadrangular (4/25/18)
- Westerners run at Ridge View Raptor Co-Ed Relays (4/25/18)
- K-P boys win WVC No. 3 in tiebreaker; Girls finish as runner-up (4/25/18)
- Royals and Jays split golf matchup (4/25/18)
- RSM girls beat HMS, boys undercut by three (4/25/18)
Sue Smid (4/25/18)Sue Smid, 76, of Merrill, died Friday, April 20, 2018, following a 2 1/2 year battle with cancer. Sue Smid was born on Dec. 7, 1941, in Greene, to John and Inez (Franke) Marzen. She was united...
Myron M. 'Jess' Jessen (4/24/18)Myron M. "Jess" Jesson, 97, of McMurray, Pennsylvania and a Merrill native, peacefully passed away on Thursday, April 19, 2018. Jess was born in Merrill, Plymouth County, Iowa, the son of Lawrence...
Brandon Sitzmann (4/23/18)Brandon Christopher Sitzmann, 36, of Omaha, Nebraska, died Tuesday, April 3, 2018, at his home in Omaha following a battle with alcoholism. Brandon Christopher Sitzmann was born Jan. 26, 1982m in...
Sue Smid (4/23/18)Sue Smid, 76, of Merrill, died Friday, April 20, 2018, following a 2 1/2 year battle with cancer. A Celebration of Sue's Life with will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, at the Le Mars Bible Church in Le...
Help WantedLooking for Part Time Pet Groomer. Akron Vet Clinic 712-551-6849
AnnouncementsONE DAY ESCAPE TOURS – Join Elaine De Jong and Allied Tours on our Summer One Day Escapes. “Woodcliff Lakes” June 6 and/or “Spirit of Brownville Cruise” on July 18. Also, “Iowa State Fair” on August 15. Call Elaine for details about these great One Day Escapes! Tel. 712-395-0105 or 712-707-9090.
VehiclesFor Sale: 1986 Caprice Classic. Good running car, needs minor body work. Good tires. New battery. Priced at $2250. 712-540-2318
Area RummagesMerrill City Wide Rummages Friday April 27, 2018 and Saturday April 28, 2018. Lists available at Casey's in Merrill and Iowa Prairie Bank
Le Mars RummagesThursday April 26, 2018 and Friday April 27, 2018 (2-6 PM Both Days) @ 305 12th Ave SW Toddler items, Women's plus size clothes, Decor. and Miscellaneous.
FreebiesKittens to give away to good indoor home. 712-786-2414.
Help WantedRADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY ADJUNCT POSITION AVAILABLE Part-time teaching position for on campus Radiologic Technology courses. Bachelor's degree required. Summer semester begins May 23, 2018. For more information contact Dr. Rhonda Pennings, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park Street, Sheldon, IA 51201, 712-631-5640. AA/EOE
Help WantedChurch Administrative Assistant Position The United Methodist Church of Le Mars is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant to work approximately 35 hours per week. Duties include: Receptionist, phone answering, general accounting and payroll responsibilities, financial and administrative record keeping, document preparation; scheduling and filing of reports and documents. Applicants may send their resume to: The United Methodist Church of Le Mars, 901 3rd Avenue SE, Le Mars, Iowa 51031...
Area Apartments for RentFOR RENT: One Bedroom apartments available now in Akron, 22 miles west of Le Mars. Mostly furnished units with all utilities, cable, and wi-fi included. Pets considered with restrictions. $585 per month on 1 year lease, or $615 per month on 6 month lease with $400 deposit. Acceptable background screening required. Call or text 605-351-1751 or 712-898-9706 for more information.
Help WantedWANTED: Professional Development Specialist for Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Inc. Child Care Resource & Referral Program. 40 hours per week. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. Position based in Remsen. For more information and to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Daycare request causes city to reevaluate ordinances
- Northwest Iowa law enforcement unites
- 27th annual RSM Gala proves a huge success
- Honoring those behind the scene
- Gehlen Ball shatters all time record
- Ver Mulm honored as Citizen of Year
- Event to honor local superheroes
- LCS to celebrate prom
- Accordion Festival to be held April 8
- Federal dollars holds up airport runway extension