Fireworks topic of talks at councilLE MARS — The Le Mars City Council held the first of three readings on an ordinance regulating the times fireworks may be shot off in the city during Tuesday’s council meeting. The ordinance, would...
Serving a missionLE MARS — Jim and Roxanne Rahn brought their love of God and youth to Le Mars 20 years ago when Jim began his position with Youth For Christ. On Thursday, Aug. 15, the couple was honored with an open...
RSM students to enjoy new laptopsREMSEN — The new school year is now officially three days away and the staff at Remsen St. Mary’s is busy preparing for their students to come back on the first day on Friday, Aug. 23. Remsen St....
Teens form neighborhood youth campLE MARS — The open lot at the corner of Ryder Cup Court and Turnberry Avenue was filled with activity during the mornings last week. Young children had the opportunity to attend Willow Creek Camp,...
C-70 closure scheduledPLYMOUTH CO. — The Plymouth County Secondary Roads Department has announced plans to close County Road C-70 for construction. Beginning at 6 a.m., Monday, Aug. 26, the contractor will close the...
- Formanek named assistant principal at LCHS (8/19/19)
- Hinton is ready for new year (8/19/19)
- Nicholson reflects on home and country (8/19/19)
- Eagles donates to Fire-Rescue (8/18/19)
- NCC to offer computer classes in Sioux Center (8/18/19)
- Numerous prizes to be given for blue ribbon cooking at this year’s Clay County Fair (8/18/19)
- STEM stings student’s enthusiasm for bees (8/17/19)
- Morningside College launches its first doctoral program (8/17/19)
- Grants awarded for Sioux City International Film Festival ‘Women in Film’ program (8/17/19)
- Let’s All Rejoice! (8/16/19)
- Catton appointed as board advocate (8/16/19)
- Le Mars to host SIDS Walk on Aug. 24 (8/16/19)
- Visible learning focus of A-W staff in new year (8/16/19)
- Council addresses requests (8/14/19)
- Tour shows progress (8/14/19)
- MMCRU volleyball looking for breakout seasonAt a glance: MMCRU (2018 Record: 10-15, 5-6 War Eagle) Key returners: Faith Olson, Jaylen Bork, Emily Dreckman, Ellie Hilbrands, Haley Schwarz, Gretchen Ruba Key losses: Madison Treinen REMSEN — With most of their roster returning from last year, the MMCRU volleyball team is looking to put together a breakout season...
- Royals trying to demonstrate improvement on gridironAt a glance: MMCRU (2018 Record: 0-9, 0-5 district) Key returners: Josh Maass, Braeden Kamphoff Key losses: QB Joel Johnson, RB Evan Cluck, WR Conner Rassel MARCUS — After an 0-9 season a year ago, the MMCRU football team is hoping they can only go up from where they ended in 2018 with four shutout losses and allowing at least 40 points in every game...
- 2019 Le Mars Sportsman’s Club Trapshooting League Award Winners (8/20/19)
- Le Mars to host collegiate National Invitational Golf Tournament (8/20/19)
- Le Mars Community boys drop fall golf debut (8/20/19)
- Remsen mounts comeback to claim Ryder Cup traveling trophy (8/20/19)
- Hole-in-one (8/20/19)
- New coach hopes to utilize Kingsley-Pierson’s speed (8/19/19)
Michael J. Livermore (8/19/19)Michael J. Livermore, 66, of Le Mars, died unexpectedly on Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Michael John Livermore was born on Sept. 27, 1952, in Le Mars, the son of...
George W. Phelps (8/19/19)George W. Phelps, 81, of Kingsley, died peacefully after a lengthy illness at his home on Friday, Aug. 16, 2019. George Wylie Phelps was born on April 25, 1938 in Kingsley, to Floyd and Helen (Wylie)...
Dennis Groetken (8/9/19)Dennis Groetken, 77, of Dakota Dunes, South Dakota, formerly of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019, at MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center in Sioux City. Dennis Joseph Groetken was born on April 8,...
Vernon E. Renken (8/9/19)On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, Vernon E. Renken, loving husband, father and grandfather, passed away at his home in Sun City West, Arizona. He was 87 years old. Vern was born in Le Mars, to Carl H. and...
Child Care Center CookFull Time Cook Position: Requirements: -Prior cooking experience (for a large group) -Organized -Must have a love and willingness to serve children and their families -CACFP knowledge beneficial (or willingness to learn) -Background check...
Real Estate Plymouth CountyHouse for Sale: 3 plus bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath, Attached garage, 811 3rd St. S.E., $185k, Call 712-560-6815
Le Mars RummagesGarage Sale: 834 1st St SE Friday August 23, 2019 10 AM to 6 PM & Saturday August 24, 2019 8 AM to Noon. Boys, Young Men's, Junior Girls and Ladies Clothes, Shoes. Gehlen Dress Code Items. Lots of Misc.
Le Mars RummagesThursday August 22, 2019 3-7 PM & Friday August 23, 2019 3-7 PM & Saturday August 24, 2019 9-Noon at 1233 1st Ave SW. Home Decor, Women's Clothing, Shoes, Toys, Girls 2T-6, Stock pot, Household, Snowmobile Parts, Misc.
AuctionsSeptember 21, 2019 Plymouth County Surplus Auction Location Coming Soon! Plymouth County – Owners Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
Help WantedDirksen Ag Enterprises Inc . is looking to hire farm help for fall harvest. Full, part time, day and evening hours are available. Truck drivers must have a class A CDL. Also looking for the right person to fill a full time position. Reply to listing or leave message at 712-540-3757 to apply.
Help WantedDirksen Ag Enterprises Inc., located near LeMars Iowa, is looking to hire full time drivers to haul livestock. Dependable candidates must have a class A CDL and a good driving record. Experience preferred but not required. Competitive compensation and benefits offered. Call/Leave message at 712-540-3757 or 712-540-0809 to apply
Le Mars Apartments for RentApartments for Rent: Two units, No pets. No smoking. 712-540-1722
Le Mars RummagesGarage Sale: Friday August 23, 2019 1 PM to 6 PM & Saturday August 24, 2019 9 AM to ? at 513 1st St. NE Many nice Collectibles, American Fostoria, Maude Humphrey Bogart, Beatrix Potter, Hummel, Christmas, Kitchen Items and Tools.
For SaleFor Sale: 1 86' Lazy Boy Sofa Recliner $500, 1 76' Lazy Boy Love seat Recliner $500 1 Lazy Boy Rocker Recliner $300 All Three $ 1,200 Like New 5 Years Old. 712-253-5213
- Let’s All Rejoice!
- STEM stings student’s enthusiasm for bees
- Serving a mission
- Teens form neighborhood youth camp
- Formanek named assistant principal at LCHS
- Lady Panthers return solid contingent of players
- New coach hopes to utilize Kingsley-Pierson’s speed
- Nicholson reflects on home and country
- 2019 Le Mars Sportsman’s Club Trapshooting League Award Winners
- Tour shows progress