Rohmiller named Officer of YearLE MARS — As local law enforcement strives to make life in the Ice Cream Capital of the World as sweet as possible for its residents, the Le Mars Police Department also wants to recognize the...
LCS Prom transports students to ParisLE MARS — Le Mars Community High School juniors and seniors will celebrate Prom 2019 with the theme, “A Night in Paris” on Saturday, April 27. The promenade will begin at 6:30 p.m., and will be held...
Flag made by local students flown in war zoneLE MARS — In a care package sent to a United States Air Force unit stationed in Bagram, Afghanistan, this past December, Franklin Elementary fourth graders packed a student-made flag. “They had sent...
Parents represent Gehlen at capitolLE MARS — Gehlen Catholic School was well represented by parents, students and staff at the April 2 Education Celebration 2019 at the Iowa State Capitol. The event offers an opportunity for people to...
Central Valley Ag, Henderson Co-op announce mergerHENDERSON/YORK, Neb. — Central Valley Ag (CVA) has announced Henderson Co-op membership voted to approve unification with the York, Nebraska-based operative. Conducted by a mail-in ballot, the owners...
- Principals, support staff to get wage increase
- Fund OK’d for wage increases (4/23/19)
- Hinton tackles students’ social and emotional health (4/23/19)
- New sirens to be tested (4/22/19)
- Bortscheller ready to travel in retirement (4/22/19)
- Craig native honored for heroic act (4/22/19)
- Founder’s Day Luncheon plans are announced (4/22/19)
- Donlin provides update on Community Betterment projects (4/22/19)
- Gehlen vocalists selected for 5th-7th grade honor choir (4/21/19)
- Weaver joins Northwest Bank in Le Mars (4/21/19)
- Students to be inducted into Gehlen Honor Society (4/20/19)
- Audio and eBooks click with library patrons (4/20/19)
- Plymouth County Museum to host Pahl-Boe Accordion Fest (4/20/19)
- The end of an era (4/19/19)
- Landfill rates will be on the rise (4/19/19)
Westerners sweep War Eagle golf matches from GehlenAKRON — The Akron-Westfield golf teams dusted off the cobwebs to earn wins over Gehlen Catholic in War Eagle Conference action Tuesday. The matches were the first for the Westerners in two weeks as they last competed April 9. The boys matchup came between winless teams so one team was guaranteed to pick up a win by the end of the match. That team was the Westerners as they shot a 186 to win by seven strokes over the Jays...
- Bulldog golf teams finish third in triangular matchesLE MARS/SPENCER — The Le Mars Community golf teams were in action Tuesday for a set of Lakes Conference triangular meets with the teams taking on Spencer and Spirit Lake. The Bulldog boys and girls each finished in third place out of the teams on the day...
- Hinton boys edge Unity in matchup of unbeaten teams
- KP-WC’s Kraft to compete at Drake Relays (4/23/19)
- LCHS cheerleaders to represent at Special Olympics Iowa (4/23/19)
- Briar Cliff adds Coffee to women’s volleyball class (4/23/19)
- Royals drop golf duals to Harris-Lake Park (4/23/19)
- MMCRU girls run at Pocahontas Relays (4/22/19)
Evelyn Weber (4/22/19)Evelyn Weber, 97, of Le Mars, died Friday, April 19, 2019, at Accura HealthCare of Le Mars in Le Mars. Evelyn Mary Pech was born Dec. 9, 1921, in rural Le Mars, the daughter of John L. and Lillian H....
Robert A. Norfolk (4/22/19)Robert Alan Norfolk, 68, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at Avera Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Robert Alan Norfolk was born on Dec. 12, 1950, in Huron, South Dakota, the son...
Dennis E. Geister (4/22/19)Dennis E. Geister, 76, of Grove City, Minnesota, formerly of Le Mars, died Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at Bethesda Club Suites in Willmar, Minnesota. Funeral services will be 2 p.m., Wednesday, April...
Robert Norfolk (4/19/19)Robert Norfolk, 68, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at Avera Heart Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, April 23, at All...
Le Mars RummagesRummage Sale : Friday April 26, 2019 3:00 PM -7:00 PM Saturday April 27, 2019 8 AM to Noon at 455 19th St SE Le Mars, Iowa. Barely used baby crib, boys clothes 0-3 years. baby swing, toys, lots of Western Books, antique high chair, corn popper and much more!
AuctionsMay 25, 2019 @ 11 AM Household & Collectibles Auction. 206 East Ridgeview Drive Cherokee, Iowa 51012 MaryWhited Owner. Bock Auction Co. Inc. 548-4634 brockauction.com
AuctionsMay 18, 2019 @ 11 AM Tools, Automobile & Guns 2825 Mullberry Court, Sioux City, Iowa Terry & Beth Millard Owner. Brock Auction Co. Inc. 548-4634 brockauction.com
Child Care Center CookFull Time Cook Position: Requirements: -Prior cooking experience (for a large group) -Organized -Must have a love and willingness to serve children and their families. -CACFP knowledge beneficial (or willingness to...
Le Mars RummagesGarage Sale: Friday 4/26/19 1-7 PM & Saturday 4/27/19 8 to Noon. 715 3rd St. Merrill, Iowa.
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR Apartment. $575 Month. No pets. No smoking. 235 Central Ave SW 548-4700
Le Mars Houses for RentFor Rent very small one bedroom efficiency house. Stove, refrigerator. Available immediately. No pets. No smoking. 305 6th St NW. Call 541-8796
Help WantedMcDonald's Le Mars : Now hiring service, 6-2 PM, 11 AM to 5 PM and 2-10 PM shifts and overnight shift 10 PM to 6 AM. Flexible hours, Paid Breaks, Competitive Pay. Apply in person at McDonald's 1001 Hawkeye Ave SW.
Help WantedJ.L. Excavating & Trucking is looking for a full-time truck driver/equipment operator. Equipment such as excavator, dozer, back hoe, etc. Class A CDL is required. Work is in local area. 712-546-1749 or 712-540-3387
For SaleFor sale: 2004 F150 4x4 Pickup. Runs good. $5,000 or best offer. 712-786-2507
- The end of an era
- Acquisition adds Wells on the East Coast
- Stadium to no longer carry Wells name
- A celebration years in the making
- New sirens to be tested
- Craig native honored for heroic act
- Parents represent Gehlen at capitol
- Hinton Girls Invite brings out strong performances by local athletes
- Bortscheller ready to travel in retirement
- Gehlen vocalists selected for 5th-7th grade honor choir