Two injured in early morning accidentREMSEN — Law enforcement authorities are investigating a two vehicle accident that has left two people injured. At approximately 6:42 a.m., the Plymouth County Communications Center received a 911...
A recognition in positivityLE MARS — A Le Mars couple has been honored by the Le Mars Police Association for their contributions to the community. Le Mars Police Department Senior Officers Lenny Flack and Dan Plueger presented...
Pork Producers to celebrate with annual banquetPLYMOUTH CO. — More than 150 members will come together on Saturday, Feb. 17 to celebrate the Plymouth County Pork Producers. The annual event will begin at 6 p.m. with social hour and appetizers,...
Wolff reminds of radon dangersLE MARS — January is National Radon Month. Floyd Valley Healthcare’s Dr. Cindie Wolff has been working diligently for six years to raise awareness of radon in Plymouth County and northwest Iowa....
Early surprise clinches New Year’s titleLE MARS — It’s a boy! The 2018 New Year’s baby at Floyd Valley Healthcare is Keaton Patrick Lariviere. The son of Taylor Lariviere of Le Mars arrived at 9:17 a.m., Sunday, Jan. 14. He weighed 5...
- Northwestern College to host Cultural Fair
- Start New Year with new goals for saving and spending
- Master Gardeners offer three winter webcasts (1/20/18)
- Sign up now for Terrace Cost-Share Program (1/20/18)
- County raises run the gamut (1/19/18)
- FVH Auxiliary looks to boost membership (1/17/18)
- Exercise group helps support patients (1/17/18)
- Four students bestowed Sitzmann Scholarship (1/17/18)
- Remsen ready for annual meeting (1/16/18)
- Sitzmann bids adéu after 25 years (1/16/18)
- LCS, Gehlen to soon hold round-up (1/16/18)
- Plains Area purchases former pharmacy building (1/15/18)
- Chalk up a win in entrepreneurship (1/12/18)
- LCS receives official invite to MRAC (1/12/18)
- Gehlen announces 31st annual ball (1/12/18)
- Royals hold on against Akron-Westfield for second win of seasonMARCUS — MMCRU picked up its second win of the season as they held on for a 58-53 victory over Akron-Westfield on Friday. “I really think tonight was the first night defensively that we’ve all played well for four quarters,” MMCRU Head Coach Toby Young said. ...
- Bulldogs wrestle at Heelan Duals (1/20/18)
- Panthers clinch pair of Western Valley Conference titles (1/20/18)
- Gehlen tames Tigers (1/20/18)
- Fourth quarter rally pushes Lady Westerners past MMCRU (1/20/18)
- Cherokee defeats Le Mars for second time; Boys face closer test than first meeting (1/20/18)
- Blackhawk wrestlers grab pair of dual victories (1/20/18)
Debra 'Deb' Campbell (1/21/18)Debra “Deb” Campbell, 54, of Le Mars, died Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, at the Hospice of the Valley in Phoenix, Arizona. Due to the winter storm/blizzard warning for Monday, Jan. 22, the funeral has been...
Debra 'Deb' Campbell (1/21/18)Debra “Deb” Campbell, 54, of Le Mars, died Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, at the Hospice of the Valley in Phoenix, Arizona. Debra Renee Willer was born July 9, 1963 in Le Mars, the daughter of Charles...
Deb Campbell (1/17/18)Debra “Deb” Campbell, 54, of Le Mars, died Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, at the Hospice of the Valley in Phoenix, Arizona. Arrangements are pending with the Rexwinkel Funeral Home in Le Mars. Expressions...
Mary Ann Ziettlow (1/16/18)Mary Ann Ziettlow, 96, of Le Mars, died Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018, at Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars in Le Mars. Arrangements are pending with the Rexwinkel Funeral Home of Le Mars. Expressions of...
Help WantedThe Plymouth County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for a full-time kitchen staff position. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on January 29, 2018.
Work WantedWanted Farm cats. Call 712-577-9595
Business ServicesHANDELECTRIC Electrician / Handyman. 30 years experience. Also custom wood working, furniture repair and refinishing. (712)541-6323 leave message.
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR apartment for rent in Le Mars with appliances and garage. Call 540-8296
Help WantedDirksen Ag Enterprises Inc., located near Le Mars Iowa, is looking to hire full time drivers to haul livestock. Dependable candidates must have a class A CDL and a good driving record. Experience preferred but not required. Competitive compensation and benefits offered. Call/Leave message at 712-540-3757 or 540-0809 to apply.
- Two injured in early morning accident
- Sitzmann bids adéu after 25 years
- Plains Area purchases former pharmacy building
- Early surprise clinches New Year’s title
- Exercise group helps support patients
- Wolff reminds of radon dangers
- A recognition in positivity
- Four students bestowed Sitzmann Scholarship
- Nohava to stay with the green and yellow
- Balanced team effort pushes Le Mars past Tigers