Worthy of the SmithsonianLE MARS — When Emma DeRuyter’s National History Day project advanced from state competition to national competition in April, she received an extra bonus. Her exhibit, “The Disease That Paralyzed Our...
Community unites to spur physical activityLE MARS — One hundred and fifty minutes of exercise a week. That is what the Centers for Disease Control recommends every person receives to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. To help the Le Mars...
Farmer’s Market sees continued successLE MARS — The Le Mars Farmers Market is a busy place. Open Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon, it also started it’s Thursday market which runs from 4-7 p.m., all at 769 Prospect St. S.W., in the green...
World-renowned artist bestows knowledge on area enthusiastsLE MARS — Sixteen artists, all interested in watercolor painting, participated in a three-day workshop June 21-23 at the Le Mars Arts Center, under the guidance of artist Stan Miller. For Miller, who...
New leaders named to Remsen St. Mary’sREMSEN — Interim administrators will fill two positions at St. Mary’s School in Remsen for the 2019-20 school year. Ron Olberding will serve at St. Mary’s PK-8 principal. Olberding has served as PK-6...
- Council tackles land issues
- Hinton establishes program to welcome new residents (6/25/19)
- Answering the call for 40 years (6/24/19)
- City agrees to put name on PlyWood Trail grant application (6/24/19)4
- Deadline set to file for fall election (6/24/19)
- Sesqui books are in (6/24/19)
- Saturday In the Park stage schedules announced (6/23/19)
- Williams & Company P.C. celebrates 90th anniversary (6/23/19)
- Clay County Fair’s 2019 free entertainment lineup announced (6/22/19)
- Trombones featured in Wednesday concert (6/22/19)
- City leaders reinforce fireworks rules after receiving complaints (6/21/19)
- Merrill Library kicks off summer reading program (6/21/19)
- Sesqui quilt raises $15,000 (6/21/19)
- FV Community Health recognized among Top 5 percent nationally (6/21/19)
- Impacting children for more than two decades (6/19/19)
- Royals explode for 16 runs in one inning to defeat Sioux CentralREMSEN — The MMCRU baseball team matched a season-high in scoring in a 16-0 win in four innings against Sioux Central on Tuesday. While the team’s other 16-run game saw the runs fairly evenly spread out across three innings against Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn, in this game all the runs came in one turn at the plate as the team batted around and around...
MMCRU tops Trinity Christian twiceREMSEN — MMCRU topped Trinity Christian in a pair of games Monday. The baseball team picked up a 3-0 win over the Tigers in a pitching duel in which the Royals broke a scoreless deadlock in the fifth with a run and then added two more in the sixth. Dean Jenness threw a two-hit shutout as he struck out 11 in a complete game effort...
- Panthers pounce on rival Woodbury Central for wins
- Spencer takes down Le Mars Community in pair of games
- Westerners pick up pair of wins over Gehlen Catholic (6/25/19)
- Gehlen softball tops K-P as both teams split games at Westwood (6/25/19)
- RSM, Gehlen compete at Spalding tourney (6/25/19)
- No. 9 K-P baseball blanks Westwood (6/25/19)
Paul Peter Mueller (6/26/19)Paul P. Mueller, 78, died peacefully at Sanford Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, on Monday, June 24, 2019, surrounded by family. He was born to Roman and Elizabeth (Bohlke) Mueller on Nov. 6,...
Lois M. Mayer (6/26/19)Lois M. Mayer, 91, of Marcus, died Sunday, June 23, 2019, at the Heartland Care Center in Marcus. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m., Friday, at Trinity Lutheran Church, rural Marcus. The Rev....
Lillian ‘Lil’ Berkenpas (6/25/19)Lillian “Lil” Berkenpas, 99, of Le Mars, died Friday, June 21, 2019, at Accura Healthcare of Le Mars. Lillian Rosina Plueger was born March 11, 1920, on the family farm in Preston Township, rural...
Duane Allen Clearwater (6/25/19)It is with great love and deep sorrow, we share that our beloved brother, brother-in-law, uncle, great uncle, nephew, and son, Duane Allen Clearwater, passed, on the morning of Tuesday, June 18,...
VehiclesFor Sale 2005 Chevy Colorado extended cab 4 wheel drive truck. Runs good. Ideal for tough man. $1,700 or best offer.712-376-4401
Le Mars RummagesHuge Multi Family Garage Sale! 414 8th Ave SW Thursday June 27, 2019 10 AM to 6 PM, Friday June 28, 2019 8 AM to 6 PM & Saturday June 29, 2019 8 AM to 2 PM Antiques, Dishes, Household & Appliances, Floral Arrangements, Tools, Hunting Fishing (Outdoor Items) Reloading, Misc. Christmas & Fall Decorations. Too much to mention.
Le Mars RummagesGarage Sale One Day Only! Friday June 28, 2019 10-6PM @ 438 7th Ave SE
AuctionsJuly 16, 2019 @ 1:00 PM Equipment, Tools & Household Auction 1936 Hancock Ave. Moville, Iowa 51039 Buck & Jana Jahn Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 546-4634 brockauction.com
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor rent 1 Bedroom apartment. Appliances furnished. Main floor laundry. No pets. No smoking. Call 541-0142
Area RummagesHUGE garage sale – priced to sell! 618 Country Club, Remsen, June 27 – 29. Thursday, 5pm – 8; Friday, 9am – 5:30; Saturday, 8am – 12pm. Adult & Kids Clothes (boys & girls), Household items & Décor, and lots of toys! You won’t be disappointed; don’t miss it!
Le Mars Rummages
Mutli Family Garage SaleMulti family garage sale! Toddler clothes, girls clothes, bath and body, home decor, WillowTrees, Scentsy, Waterford, mens and womens clothing and much much more!! 331 2nd St SE LeMars Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-3pm
Le Mars RummagesThursday June 27, 2019 2-6 PM & Friday June 28, 2019 10 AM to 6 PM @ 855 9th Ave SE. College/Dorm/Apartment Stuff. Holiday, Dishes, Lighting, Furniture, Precious Moments, Willow Tree & Misc.
Help WantedP/T Kennel Assistant . Must be flexible & reliable. Experience with animals preferred but not necessary. Rotating weekends & holidays. Apply @ Town & Country Vet Clinic
LivestockWanted a Angus Bull Docile 3 years old or older to breed 10 cows need for 45 days on 6/28/19 Will pay $500.00 total and can pickup within Plymouth County Call 712-389-1057
- Couple’s belief is cemented in the business’ name
- Answering the call for 40 years
- City leaders reinforce fireworks rules after receiving complaints
- Sesqui quilt raises $15,000
- Impacting children for more than two decades
- On a grand scale
- FV Community Health recognized among Top 5 percent nationally
- Clay County Fair’s 2019 free entertainment lineup announced
- A two decade tenure comes to an end
- Trombones featured in Wednesday concert