To subscribe to the Le Mars Sentinel, follow the link, www.nwestiowa.com/site/forms/subscription_services/subscribe/, and complete the form to make sure you're not missing all of your Plymouth County news.
Celebrating Ca holic Schools Week
Wet-Nose to honor volunteersLE MARS — Volunteers at the new Wet-Nose Rescue Shelter in Le Mars will be honored during an open house from 2-5 p.m. this Saturday, Feb. 11, at the shelter. The public is invited to meet the...
Nominations sought for LCSD alumni awardLE MARS — The deadline is fast approaching for nominations for the Le Mars Community School District Distinguished Alumni Award. The award was established to recognize graduates for outstanding...
MMCRU dance Team members perform at ReliaQuest BowlMARCUS — Six members of the MMCRU Dance Team recently had the opportunity to perform at the 2023 ReliaQuest Bowl. The six dancers, Isabelle Olson, Hannah Neddermeyer, Kierra Gengler, Mariah Thomsen,...
Family files wrongful death lawsuitLE MARS — A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed in Woodbury County District Court by a Le Mars family against a Sioux City hospital in regards to the September 2021 death of their husband and...
Eekhoff receives Outstanding Volunteer AwardLE MARS — The Le Mars United Way honored Kevin Eekhoff with the Paul Olson Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award at the Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce annual dinner Jan. 19. Eekhoff, who is...
Plymouth County EMA working to update hazardous mitigation planLE MARS — No one knows when a disaster will strike, but you can be prepared to deal with it. And that’s Becca Socknat’s responsibility. Socknat, the Plymouth County Emergency Management Agency (EMA)...
Blackhawks soar to first state duals appearance
City wastewater department will face violationsLE MARS — Le Mars will face challenges dealing with wastewater in 2023, the Le Mars City Council was told as it listened to four annual reports from city department heads during its Tuesday, Jan. 17...
Parts are in for railroad crossing repairLE MARS — After being closed since Nov. 14, the railroad crossing at 12th Street Southwest and Business Highway 75 should be open by the end of next week. Scott Kneip, street supervisor for the Le...
- Albert recognized as 2022 Main Street volunteer (2/1/23)1
- LCS Large Group Speech advances 13 to state (2/1/23)
- Help clear fire hydrants of snow (2/1/23)
- Treasurer: Plymouth County in sound shape financially (2/1/23)
- Hospital auxiliary offers peanut clusters for Valentine’s Day (2/1/23)
- Le Mars Arts Center hosts music and art fundraiser (1/30/23)
- Supervisor Anderson: Workforce Development organization has failed (1/30/23)
- Women in Nature at Hillview (1/30/23)
- Water use up, obtaining parts an issue (1/30/23)
- Dave Hill honored as 2022 Citizen of the Year (1/27/23)
- County gets 11 percent increase in insurance costs (1/27/23)
- Gehlen prepares for Catholic Schools Week Jan. 29-Feb. 4 (1/27/23)
- Schipper gives annual report on Le Mars Fire-Rescue (1/27/23)
- Claussen’s named Business of the Year (1/25/23)
- Nine Gehlen groups advance to state large group speech (1/25/23)
- Le Mars girls wrestling finishes season at state tournamentCORALVILLE — The inaugural IGHSAU-sanctioned girls state wrestling tournament brought a sellout crowd to Xtream Arena on Thursday as fans got the chance to see 448 girls compete across 14 weight classes for the chance to be called a state champion. Le Mars brought five of those girls to state, but none of them advanced past the first day of action...
MMCRU/RSM bowlers beat Sioux CentralBy Allen Hamil Sports Editor REMSEN — Bowlers from MMCRU/RSM hosted Sioux Central at Maple Lanes on Thursday. The home team earned a pair of wins. The boys came out on top with a score of 3,062 which was over 700 better than Sioux Central’s score. The team had three series scores in the 400s. ...
- A-W splits basketball games with Trinity
- MMCRU girls top Western Christian, Royals split with South O’Brien
- No. 7 RSM boys blast SLSM, squeak by West Sioux in OT (2/2/23)
- No. 4 RSM girls basketball beats SLSM, West Sioux (2/2/23)
- Defense propels No. 11 Hinton girls past Gehlen (2/2/23)
- Gehlen boys pull away from Hinton in second half (2/2/23)
Ruth Kenaley (2/6/23)Ruth Kenaley, 93, of Le Mars, died Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023, at Accura HealthCare of Le Mars. Mass of Christian Burial will be 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 11, at All Saints Catholic Parish - St. James...
Lawrence ‘Larry’ Mullally (2/3/23)
Doris Mortensen (2/3/23)Doris Mortensen, 89, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2023, at Orange City Area Health System in Orange City. Doris Margaret Crawford, the daughter of Lyle and Leona (Thiesen) Crawford, was born...
Eric Allan Kunkel (2/1/23)Eric Allan Kunkel, from Des Moines, formerly of Remsen, left this world Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023. He was 36 years young. Eric was born Sept. 23, 1986, in Le Mars, the son of Mark and Doris (Rolfes)...
- Supervisor Anderson: Workforce Development organization has failed
- Albert recognized as 2022 Main Street volunteer
- Le Mars qualifies five for girls state wrestling tourney
- Le Mars Arts Center hosts music and art fundraiser
- Hinton advances to state wrestling duals for first time
- Water use up, obtaining parts an issue
- City wastewater department will face violations
- LCS Large Group Speech advances 13 to state
- Women in Nature at Hillview
- Eekhoff receives Outstanding Volunteer Award