Food truck ordinance discussed at councilLE MARS — The Le Mars City Council heard discussion on a mobile food vendors ordinance at their Tuesday meeting. With an increase of operation for these vendors in Le Mars, the council will be...
LCMS steps up to support local healthcare workersLE MARS — Stars and hearts with words of support and thanks graced the east and west entrances at Floyd Valley Healthcare Oct. 15-19, a gift from Le Mars Community Middle School students. LCMS...
Fresh Box project comes to Le MarsLE MARS — A great community project is coming to Le Mars from noon to 2 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 27 at the Le Mars Convention Center. The USDA Fresh Box project offers anyone a free box of fresh food with...
A new meaning to ‘Jaywalking’LE MARS — The Gehlen Catholic Jaywalk-a-thon proved to be a great success on Friday. The fundraiser generated about $50,000 for the school, well past the $30,000 goal for the event. “We never, ever...
Flack named to FVH boardLE MARS — The Le Mars City Council approved filling a vacancy to the Floyd Valley Hospital Board of Trustees at their meeting Tuesday. Bill Young announced he would be stepping down from his spot on...
Haunted farm invites visitors to ‘get spooky’PLYMOUTH CO. — Werewolves, skeletons and witches, oh my! These are just a few of the things visitors to Tom Ruhland’s haunted farm south of Le Mars will have to be on the lookout for. Ruhland has...
DNR launches new learn to hunt Iowa online video seriesOver the past year, the Iowa DNR has partnered with Iowa Safari Club International and several other organizations to create a free, online video series that provides new hunters or existing hunters...
C.E.R.T. deployed to apprehend Most Wanted felonLE MARS — At around 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 20, the Le Mars Police Department received information on a Siouxland Most Wanted person, Carter Brinkerhoff. The information provided indicated...
Farewell to a piece of historyLE MARS — Demolition of the former J&J Cafe has been completed and now there’s a blank slate for developers to erect the new KwikStar neighborhood grocery/c-store in Le Mars. It was in July when...
Wine and craft beer event goes virtualLE MARS — Floyd Valley Foundation’s fifth annual Wine and Craft Beer Tasting event will take on a different look this year. For the first time the event will go virtual with a focus on a House Party...
- Carey bestowed with the Boss of the Quarter honor (10/21/20)
- Singer appeals firing, civil service holds initial meeting (10/20/20)
- Farm programs during COVID-19: Making government programs work for you (10/20/20)
- Music is good for the soul (10/19/20)1
- Chamber to hold costume contest (10/19/20)
- Brown unveils ‘Seasons’ (10/19/20)
- LCS teachers advance own education (10/19/20)
- ‘Crabgrass’ to perform from Betty Strong Encounter Center (10/17/20)
- IWD releases weekly unemployment numbers (10/16/20)
- The public answered the call (10/16/20)
- New bleachers spruce up A-W gym (10/16/20)
- School board hears principals’ reports on teacher goals (10/16/20)
- Paving underway as Highway 75 project reaches final weeks of work (10/16/20)
- Online kids program ‘Captains the Builders’ at Lewis & Clark Center (10/15/20)
- Luxembourg Society shares autumn customs (10/15/20)
- Kingsley-Pierson shut out by Newell-FondaNEWELL — The Kingsley-Pierson football team was held to just 38 yards of offense as they dropped an 8-player playoff pod second round game on Friday to 8-player AP No. 9 ranked Newell-Fonda by a 20-0 score. The zero on the scoreboard for the Panthers came a week after scoring their season high in a 64-29 win over Ar-We-Va...
Gehlen football falls to H-M-SHARTLEY — Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn came away with a 38-6 victory over Gehlen Catholic on Friday in the second round of a Class A playoff pod. The highlight of the game for the Jays came on an 83-yard touchdown pass from Connor Kraft to Ryan Livermore to make the score 14-6 near the end of the first half...
- Remsen St. Mary’s routs West Harrison
- Kuntz, Hamman to represent WC-KP at state (10/25/20)
- Local runners fall short of moving on from 1A state qualifying meet (10/25/20)
- Hinton topples Alta-Aurelia in regional volleyball (10/24/20)
- Westerners sweep H-M-S (10/24/20)
- Gehlen cruises in regional volleyball debut (10/24/20)
Larry L. Hamer (10/26/20)Larry L. Hamer, 74, of Le Mars, died Friday, Oct. 23, 2020, at UnityPoint Health in Sioux City. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 28, at Grace Lutheran Church in Le...
Cindy (Oehlerking) Schlichte (10/26/20)Cindy (Oehlerking) Schlichte, 68, of Le Mars, died unexpectedly Friday, Oct. 23, 2020, at her home near Le Mars. Cindy Lee Oehlerking was born Dec. 4, 1951, in Sioux City, the daughter of William and...
Mark Munday (10/26/20)Mark Miller Munday, 61, of Louisville, Kentucky, died Sunday, Oct. 11, 2020. Mark was born in Sioux City on Oct. 8, 1959, the day the Dodgers won the World Series. He attended Boyden-Hull Elementary...
Annette Kertels (10/26/20)Annette Kertels, 58, of Hinton, died Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020, at UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s in Sioux City following a courageous battle with breast cancer. Annette Mary Menster was born July 24,...
AuctionsNovember 9, 2020 @ 10:30 am: Outstanding America Twsp. Farmland & Acreage Auction! Live & Online Auction! – Sold in 2 Tracts. Tract 1: Approx. 319+ Acres w/265 Acres Cropland & Sand/Gravel Pit. Tract 2: 2 Homes on 3.5 Acres. Sale Held at Willow Creek Golf Course. Koley Land Co. Inc. - Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
Help WantedHiring Full Time Housekeeping. Starting pay $9.00 to $12.00 an hour. Apply at Amber Inn, 635 8th Ave SW Le Mars.
Help WantedCITY OF LE MARS accepting One (1) Total Bid for Mowing/Trimming both Memorial and Resthaven Cemeteries totaling approx. 32 acres from April 1st to October 1st. Successful Bidder must provide labor, equipment, fuel, parts, tools, and insurance. Submit one (1) Total Bid including both Cemeteries to City Hall, 40 Central Ave SE, Le Mars, IA 51031 by Nov. 6, 2020. Contact Brad Eppling (712) 540-4745 for information.
Help WantedZestos Shepherd’s Closet in Le Mars seeking a part time associate manager in charge of clothing & housewares. Flexible hours, good pay, a chance to make a difference. Stop by the store for an app and an interview or call 712-546-7776 or email your resume today to email@example.com
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Middle School Behavior Disorder Teacher Associate 32.5 hrs/wk; $15.64/hr; IPERS If interested, apply online at www.lemarscsd.org Open until filled EOE
Help WantedWanted - Full time maintenance person for assisted living facilities. Call 712-540-4893 for an interview.
Help WantedLeMars Dental Center is now hiring a full time or part time hygienist, pay based on experience, eligible for benefits, please call 712-546-5183 for more information or apply within.
WantedWanting to buy residential lot in Le Mars. 548-4075
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS English Language Learner Teacher Assoc. – 32.5 hrs/wk $15.64/hr If interested, apply online at www.lemarscsd.org Open until filled. EOE
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 3 BR House, 2 stall garage. Appliances furnished. No pets. No smoking. $1,000 Month. Call 541-4324
- Singer appeals firing, civil service holds initial meeting
- C.E.R.T. deployed to apprehend Most Wanted felon
- Farewell to a piece of history
- Sunday accident turns fatal
- Haunted farm invites visitors to ‘get spooky’
- Le Mars police officer relieved of duties
- Brown unveils ‘Seasons’
- Le Mars ends season against Spencer
- Music is good for the soul
- LCS teachers advance own education