The battle for District 3PLYMOUTH CO. — Voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, Nov. 12 to determine if it will be Republican candidate Jim Carlin or Democratic candidate Todd Wendt who will represent District 3 in the...
A teaching momentLE MARS — Le Mars Community Middle School eighth grade civics class students recently got a first-hand lesson on American history from veterans of American Legion Wasmer Post 241. The students, under...
A holiday salute to our county’s heroes(Sentinel Photo by Beverly Van Buskirk) Members of the Kiwanis Aktion Club, along with several Kiwanis members, gathered Thursday, Dec. 7, at Floyd Valley Hospital Conference Center to present...
Jay Bird Savings Bank teaches students how to plan, save for futureLE MARS — We all know the song by ABBA, “Money, Money, Money, Money.” As the 2017 comes to an end, we all look back at our income, the bills that have been paid and haven’t yet to be paid. How can we...
Remembering Westmar CollegeLE MARS — One Westmar College alumna said it this way on a Facebook post: “On Friday, Nov. 21, 1997, Westmar University, formerly Westmar College, closed its doors. As an institution, it no longer...
- Dog owners beware: new codes in place
- Goodchild puts trail reps on their toes with questions
- It’s all about the numbers (12/8/17)
- Come enjoy breakfast with Santa (12/8/17)
- Shelving issues to delay opening again (12/8/17)2
- County to seek legal action in ordinance violation (12/6/17)
- We Are Many. We Are One. (12/6/17)
- Pioneer Village ready for final weekend (12/6/17)
- 4-H’er restores nativity for museum (12/6/17)
- P’s Pizzahouse announces third eatery (12/5/17)
- A-W teacher named IBEA president (12/5/17)
- Warmth for the holidays (12/5/17)
- DARE program looks to new leadership (12/4/17)
- City work continues to progress (12/4/17)
- Help from the heartland (12/4/17)
- Lady Jays withstand challenge from Clay Central-EverlyLE MARS — Gehlen Catholic built up a sizable advantage after three quarters, but had to hold off a fourth quarter comeback from Clay Central-Everly to win 40-33 on Friday. The Jays outscored their opponent in each of the first three quarters, taking a 30-17 lead into the final quarter. The Mavericks won the final frame, but my not nearly enough to get the win...
Glenn Waite (12/11/17)Glenn Waite, 90, of Le Mars, died Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017, at his home in Le Mars. Glenn Holland Waite was born June 19, 1927 in Storm Lake, the son of Lee and Mabel Waite. He attended school in Storm...
Don Hughes (12/11/17)Don Hughes, 90, of Le Mars, died Friday, Dec. 8, 2017, at his home in Le Mars. Don David Hughes Sr. was born April 8, 1927, in Storm Lake, the son of Harvey and Arlyne (Morgan) Hughes. He attended...
Alex McVicker (12/8/17)Alex McVicker, 34 of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Alex Charles McVicker was born on March 22, 1983, to Thomas and Catherine (VanMaanen) McVicker. Alex...
Caleb Semple (12/7/17)Caleb Daniel Semple, 18, of Le Mars, died Friday, Dec. 1, 2017, following an auto accident near Rock Rapids. Caleb was born Dec. 2, 1998, in Sioux City, to David Edward and Paula Marie (Smith)...
Business ServicesHANDELECTRIC Electrician / Handyman. 30 years experience. Also custom wood working, furniture repair and refinishing. (712)541-6323 leave message.
AnnouncementsLeMars McDonalds Come Visit with Mr and Mrs Santa Claus on Saturday December 16, 2017 from 9:30 am to 1:00 PM Bring in a canned good item (anytime on 12/16) as a donation to the Rejoice Food Pantry and receive a free dessert!
For Sale4 Good Used Tires. Goodyear mud and snow. P205/75R15 $100. Call 712-541-6323. Leave message.
Le Mars Houses for Rent3 BR, Appliances, Central air, garage. No pets. 546-8556
Lost & FoundFound a set of car keys accross from All Saints Parish in LeMars, Iowa. Call to identify 546-5223
- P’s Pizzahouse announces third eatery
- Kurth to enter IHSBCA Hall of Fame at 50th anniversary celebration
- County to seek legal action in ordinance violation
- Le Mars starts Lakes play with victory
- Remembering Westmar College
- Come take a tour
- Dogs found left behind at Kingsley man’s puppy mill
- Hawks survive physical matchup with Hinton
- Pioneer Village ready for final weekend
- Shelving issues to delay opening again