In honor of our FatherLE MARS — After 13 years in Le Mars, the Rev. Kevin Richter will conduct his final Mass as pastor of All Saints Parish this Sunday, June 25. On June 27, he will make the move to Carroll, where he has...
Urban bids farewellLE MARS — Arlene Urban, a behind the scenes person who worked as a media specialist/secretary with the Le Mars Community School District for 40 years, will retire at the end of June. “It is with...
Fund drive helps offset city budgetLE MARS — Surviving on a city budget of less than $300,000 a year, is more than hard, it’s difficult for a fire-rescue department the size of Le Mars. But thanks to the generous support of the...
A gift that keeps on givingLE MARS — When Kris Koons’ son Josh was gifted a bike by neighbors and friends two years ago, she was overjoyed. Josh was born with VATAR syndrome, which affected his heart and esophagus. The gift...
Le Mars plays host site for annual DARE conventionLE MARS — Citizens may have noticed an increased law enforcement presence outside of the Le Mars Convention Center on Monday and Tuesday, June 19-20. That was due to the annual Iowa DARE Conference...
- LCHS releases second semester honor roll
- More fun added for 2017 Clay County Fair
- 100 years and going strong (6/21/17)
- Search for police chief narrows (6/21/17)1
- Le Mars library project all out of wiggle room (6/21/17)1
- Pool puts grant money to good use (6/20/17)
- District Associate Judge nominees identified (6/20/17)
- Fun ride to help Stinton on cancer journey (6/20/17)
- Chamber golf tourney approaching (6/20/17)
- Fulfilling a dream years in the making (6/20/17)
- Le Mars Sears store to close July 29 (6/19/17)1
- All hail to the chief.... (6/19/17)1
- Heeren helps American flag fly high once again (6/19/17)
- Sister Haverkamp celebrates 60th jubilee (6/18/17)
- Gehlen Catholic School Endowment Fund celebrates 30th anniversary (6/17/17)
- State title rematch sequel ends with loss for Remsen St. Mary’sREMSEN — West Sioux defeated Remsen St. Mary’s on Wednesday as the two teams clashed for the second time since their state championship face-off last season. This time it was a 2-0 win for the Falcons after West Sioux also won the original rematch against the Hawks 10-3 earlier in the season in Hawarden...
- Royals rout Clay Central-Everly on road (6/22/17)
- Kingsley-Pierson claims pair of wins from Lawton-Bronson (6/22/17)
- Westerners too much for Hinton to handle (6/22/17)
- Gehlen baseball continues to roll; Lady Jays win back-to-back games (6/22/17)
- Le Mars stumbles against Spencer (6/22/17)
- Third time the charm as RSM softball upends No. 6 West Sioux (6/22/17)
Ryan Kluver (6/23/17)Ryan Kluver, 39, of Glenwood, and formerly of Oyens, died Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at On With Life Long Term Skilled Care in Glenwood, following a motorcycle accident that occurred July 25, 1995. Ryan...
Daniel Pick (6/23/17)Daniel John Pick, 84, of Remsen, died Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at UnityPoint Health - St. Luke’s in Sioux City, surrounded by his family and loved ones after a brief illness. Daniel was born on Nov....
Joyce Saxen (6/23/17)Joyce Elaine Saxen, 83, of Kingsley, died Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at Kingsley Specialty Care surrounded by family. Visitation was from 5-8 p.m., Thursday at Johnson-Earnest Funeral Home in Kingsley...
Larry V. Schmitz (6/18/17)Larry V. Schmitz, 75, of Le Mars, died Thursday, June 15, 2017 at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. Larry Vincent Schmitz was born in Cherokee, on Feb. 7, 1942, the son of Vincent "Bud" and...
Help WantedCity of Le Mars: Water Superintendent. Duties include direct and indirect supervision of all water related systems such as plan, organize and direct the operations of the Water Treatment Plant, Water Distribution System, Water Supply, Water Metering and Billing Operations, and Customer Service Programs. Must have Iowa Grade III Water Treatment Certificate with the ability to obtain Grade IV, Iowa Grade III Water Distribution Certificate with the ability to obtain Grade IV and a CDL or...
Le Mars Apartments for RentFOR RENT : One Bedroom apartments available now in Akron, 22 miles west of LeMars. Mostly furnished units with all utilities, cable, and wi-fi included. Complex is only 14 years old and is conveniently located 1 block off main street and is within walking distance of grocery store, hardware store, bank, restaurants, gas station. $575 per month on 1 year lease with $250 deposit. Acceptable background screening required. Call 605-351-1751 for more information.
Help WantedPositions Open for Housekeeping. Available Immediately. Apply in person at the Amber Inn Le Mars. 712-522-9000
Help WantedHometown Guesthouse in Marcus, locally owned and operated Hotel, has a part time position available with flexible hours. Please contact Sarah at 712-376-4844
Help WantedJob Opening: Part-time/possibly full time position with flexible hours. Holy Name Parish is seeking applications for the position of Parish Secretary/Bookkeeper. Responsible for financial transactions including accounts payable and receivable. Use of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, and Excel is beneficial. Will do scheduling of lay ministers, monthly newsletter, bulletin info, etc. Subject to background check. Please send resume and three references to Holy Name Church, PO Box 366, Marcus, IA ...