Answering the call for 40 yearsREMSEN — Since the spring of 1979, volunteers in the Remsen community have been coming forward to help save lives. On Saturday, June 29, community members will join Remsen EMS volunteers to celebrate...
Deadline set to file for fall electionPLYMOUTH CO. — The fall election is just around the corner and the Plymouth County Auditor’s office has released the official filing deadline for all city and school elections. Plymouth County Deputy...
Clay County Fair’s 2019 free entertainment lineup announcedSPENCER — Daredevil stunts, magic, juggling, an Elton John and Billy Joel tribute show, and roving circus stars are just a few examples of the more than 400 shows and $200,000 in entertainment that...
Trombones featured in Wednesday concertLE MARS — The Le Mars Municipal Band will present its third concert of the season at 8 p.m., Wednesday, June 26, at Foster Park. Admission is free. Concert-goers are encouraged to bring their lawn...
City leaders reinforce fireworks rules after receiving complaintsLE MARS — Fireworks were a topic for discussion at Tuesday’s Le Mars City Council meeting. Mayor Dick Kirchoff said he asked Police Chief Kevin Vande Vegte and Le Mars Fire-Rescue Chief David...
- City agrees to put name on PlyWood Trail grant application 2
- Sesqui books are in
- Saturday In the Park stage schedules announced (6/23/19)
- Williams & Company P.C. celebrates 90th anniversary (6/23/19)
- Merrill Library kicks off summer reading program (6/21/19)
- Sesqui quilt raises $15,000 (6/21/19)
- FV Community Health recognized among Top 5 percent nationally (6/21/19)
- Impacting children for more than two decades (6/19/19)
- Rain causes Highway 75 project to fall behind (6/19/19)
- A two decade tenure comes to an end (6/19/19)
- On a grand scale (6/18/19)
- Pride Group to host first-ever golf classic (6/18/19)
- LCS milk, bread bids stay local (6/17/19)
- Couple’s belief is cemented in the business’ name (6/17/19)
- K-P earns governor’s STEM grant (6/17/19)
- Lady Westerners top host at Spencer tourneySPENCER — Class 1A No. 5 Akron-Westfield picked up their lone win at a softball tourney hosted by Spencer against the host school in a 7-2 game Friday. Tori Nemesio went 4-for-4 at the plate with a steal and run scored as she also had an RBI. Natalie Nielsen’s 3-for-4 performance was the other multi-hit game for the Westerners as she also had the only extra-base hit with a double. She drove in a pair of runs...
- Le Mars goes 2-1 at Spencer softball tourneySPENCER — The Le Mars Community softball team finished the weekend with a 2-1 record at a tournament hosted by Spencer. The team won both of their games Friday beginning with a 10-7 win over Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley which lasted just five innings. The Bulldogs did most of their damage via 10 walks issued by the two Nighthawk pitchers. ...
- Blackhawks take pair of wins from Trinity Christian
- Lady Hawks win extra-inning walk-off
- Westerners jump all over Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn
- Lady Bulldogs blast No. 6 Sergeant Bluff-Luton
- MMCRU swept by West Sioux on diamonds
- Gehlen baseball knocks off South O’Brien, softball falls to No. 14 Wolverines (6/23/19)
Lillian Berkenpas (6/24/19)Lillian “Lil” Berkenpas, 99, of Le Mars, died Friday, June 21, 2019, at Accura Healthcare of Le Mars. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m., Thursday, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, E.L.C.A. in Le...
Robert 'Bob' Niehus (6/24/19)Robert “Bob” Cyril Niehus, 62, of Remsen, died Friday, June 21, 2019, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Remsen...
Elliott Lee Bogenrief (6/24/19)Elliott Lee Bogenrief, sweet and perfect infant son of Laura Prescott and Joel Bogenrief of Le Mars, was born sleeping on June 18, 2019, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. While his time with us...
Rita Marie Krause (6/24/19)Rita Marie Krause, 98, of Kingsley, died Saturday, June 22, 2019, at Holy Spirit Retirement Home in Sioux City. Funeral services will take place at 11 a.m., today (Monday) at First Lutheran Church in...
Le Mars RummagesHuge Multi Family Garage Sale! 414 8th Ave SW Thursday June 27, 2019 10 AM to 6 PM, Friday June 28, 2019 8 AM to 6 PM & Saturday June 29, 2019 8 AM to 2 PM Antiques, Dishes, Household & Appliances, Floral Arrangements, Tools, Hunting Fishing (Outdoor Items) Reloading, Misc. Christmas & Fall Decorations. Too much to mention.
AuctionsJuly 16, 2019 @ 1:00 PM Equipment, Tools & Household Auction 1936 Hancock Ave. Moville, Iowa 51039 Buck & Jana Jahn Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 546-4634 brockauction.com
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor rent 1 Bedroom apartment. Appliances furnished. Main floor laundry. No pets. No smoking. Call 541-0142
Area RummagesHUGE garage sale – priced to sell! 618 Country Club, Remsen, June 27 – 29. Thursday, 5pm – 8; Friday, 9am – 5:30; Saturday, 8am – 12pm. Adult & Kids Clothes (boys & girls), Household items & Décor, and lots of toys! You won’t be disappointed; don’t miss it!
Le Mars Rummages
Mutli Family Garage SaleMulti family garage sale! Toddler clothes, girls clothes, bath and body, home decor, WillowTrees, Scentsy, Waterford, mens and womens clothing and much much more!! 331 2nd St SE LeMars Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-3pm
Le Mars RummagesThursday June 27, 2019 2-6 PM & Friday June 28, 2019 10 AM to 6 PM @ 855 9th Ave SE. College/Dorm/Apartment Stuff. Holiday, Dishes, Lighting, Furniture, Precious Moments, Willow Tree & Misc.
Help WantedP/T Kennel Assistant . Must be flexible & reliable. Experience with animals preferred but not necessary. Rotating weekends & holidays. Apply @ Town & Country Vet Clinic
LivestockWanted a Angus Bull Docile 3 years old or older to breed 10 cows need for 45 days on 6/28/19 Will pay $500.00 total and can pickup within Plymouth County Call 712-389-1057
Help WantedWANTED: Program Assistant for Housing/Energy Services Program. 24-32 hours per week. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. Position located in Remsen. Associates Degree in secretarial or office assistant program required with excellent organizational and computer skills. Send Mid-Sioux application and resume to Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Inc., 418 S. Marion Street, Remsen, IA 51050 or apply online at www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Help WantedPOLICE OFFICER The City of Le Mars Police Department is currently taking applications for the position of police officer in order to establish a certified hiring list. There is currently an opening on the department. interested persons need to contact the Le Mars Police Department for an application packet and salary information. Background checks are required. Applications are due by noon on July 8 and the testing date for the current opening and future openings is July 18 at 5 PM. ...
- Couple’s belief is cemented in the business’ name
- Sesqui quilt raises $15,000
- City leaders reinforce fireworks rules after receiving complaints
- Impacting children for more than two decades
- Hometown boy leaves lasting impression
- On a grand scale
- LCS milk, bread bids stay local
- FV Community Health recognized among Top 5 percent nationally
- A two decade tenure comes to an end
- Rain causes Highway 75 project to fall behind