Biden talks healthcare in Le MarsLE MARS — Former Vice President Joe Biden, a 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful, made a visit to Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars Tuesday. While there, he spoke at a healthcare roundtable with...
Eleven young men vie for kingPLYMOUTH CO. — The 2019 Plymouth County Fair is just a week away. With that comes the crowning of the fair royalty on Wednesday, July 24, the first day of the fair. This year there are 11 young men,...
Wright one of seven Iowa CEO’s honoredLE MARS — Floyd Valley Healthcare is in the news again — this time recognizing its newest leader, CEO Dustin Wright. Wright, who has been with the hospital since December 2018, was recently named...
Wal-Mart celebrates launch of its makeover(Photo Contributed) Le Mars Wal-Mart Store Manager Alex Szczech (middle), prepares to cut the ribbon on Friday, July 12, commemorating the store’s grand reopening celebration. Szczech is surrounded...
Sioux City building added to National Register of Historic PlacesDES MOINES — It was home to two manufacturing companies that played big roles in helping the United States and its allies win two world wars. Today, it is one of Iowa’s most treasured historic...
- Council gives nod to wastewater agreement
- Siouxland YFC holds peach sale
- Sioux City Community Theatre announces new season (7/15/19)
- We too shall RISE! (7/15/19)
- LCS partners with Little Rascals (7/15/19)
- Picture a blue ribbon at the Clay County Fair (7/14/19)
- Go singing and dancing down memory lane with Beehive – The 60’s Musical (7/13/19)
- Final Le Mars Municipal Band concert to feature marches and medley (7/13/19)
- Hoffman to serve 30 days (7/12/19)
- Chris Young brings his World Tour to Sioux City (7/12/19)
- Discover dairy at the 2019 Plymouth County Fair’s Round Barn (7/12/19)
- Slow progress is still progress (7/12/19)
- Truck honors Farm Bureau, poultry project (7/12/19)
- Early sales to begin on fair admissions (7/12/19)
- McDonald’s celebrates ‘bigger, bolder vision’ (7/11/19)
- No. 10 Remsen St. Mary’s rolls past George-Little RockREMSEN — For the second consecutive Class 1A district baseball game, No. 10 Remsen St. Mary’s run-ruled their opponent, the latest victim being George-Little Rock in Tuesday’s district semifinals. The Hawks needed just four innings to eliminate the Mustangs by a 15-0 score...
- Royals’ rally falls short against Woodbury CentralREMSEN — Down to their final out and trailing by five, the MMCRU baseball team put together a two-out rally and scored three runs, but fell short of Woodbury Central by a 7-5 score in a Class 1A district semifinal game Tuesday. Despite the loss, MMCRU Head Coach Cam Kuchel liked the way his team never gave up in the game...
- Le Mars baseball tops Nighthawks for second time
- Gehlen edges No. 13 Westwood to earn trip to Fort Dodge (7/16/19)
- MMCRU baseball survives with walk-off win over Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn (7/16/19)
- RSM clobbers River Valley to begin postseason (7/16/19)
- Panthers pummel Whiting in district opener (7/16/19)
- Akron-Westfield baseball falls to Central Lyon in districts (7/16/19)
Linda Nelson (7/10/19)Linda Marie Nelson, 65, of Sioux City, died Friday, July 5, 2019, at Holy Spirit Retirement Center after a long courageous battle with cancer. Make no mistake, tobacco killed her. The Mauer –...
Betty M. Swalve (7/10/19)Betty M. Swalve, 89, of Le Mars, died Monday, July 8, 2019, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Betty Maxine Petersen was born on June 23, 1930, to Henry and Grace (Bauman) Petersen on the family...
Gene Russell Matthiesen (7/10/19)Gene Russell Mattiesen, of Fort Pierce, Florida, died Friday, June 28, 2019. Gene Russell Matthiesen was born Feb. 15, 1933. He was raised on a farm in Le Mars, and graduated from Union Consolidated...
Sam Philips (7/9/19)Samuel "Sam" Philips, 82, of Akron, died Sunday, July 7, 2019, at the Akron Care Center in Akron. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m., Friday, at Immanuel Lutheran Church, E.L.C.A. in Akron. The Rev....
Le Mars Houses for Rent3-4 BR, 2 Baths. Available Immed. Appliances included. Snow removal and lawn care included. 540-1111
Real Estate Plymouth CountyHouse for Sale - 525 3rd St SW LeMars, 1072 sq. ft., 2-3 bedrooms, 2 baths, main floor laundry, all appliances stay, remodeled kitchen, sheetrock, windows, wiring 2007, American Standard furnace 95% efficiency 2015, Central air 2000, New water softener 2016, attached garage 28' by 17' finished, insulated 2010, sprinkler system, security cameras 2018, $150,000. Call 712-541-1916
Help WantedForklift Truck & Equipment Repair Position Le Mars Lift Solutions Inc. 712-828-2001.
Real Estate Plymouth CountyOPEN HOUSE Sunday July 21, 2019 1-4 PM Acreage located at 27962 K-49 Le Mars. 2 Acres, 1826 Square Feet, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Pool. 2 Buildings. Lots of Extras. 712-266-6069
AnnouncementsJoin us for an ALL NEW Church Basement Ladies Christmas musical production. “HARK!! THE BASEMENT LADIES SING!” Saturday November 16 departing from Rock Valley, Sioux Center, Orange City and Sheldon. Call Elaine De Jong, Allied Tours, at 712-395-0105 or 712-707-9090 for more info
Help WantedHelp wanted Part Time Bookkeeper Flexible hours Membership processing, Banking. And a Quarterly Newsletter Editor-can work remotely. Apply in person at Westmar University Alumni & Friends Association. Office open Tuesday-Friday 1-4:30 PM Apply in person or send Resume to 335 1st Ave SW Le Mars, Iowa 51031
Le Mars Houses for Rent3 BR House in the country. September 1st. $575 Month plus deposit. References. No pets. 540-4055 for application.
For SaleFor Sale one counter top electric cooking stove. Good condition. Kohler cast iron double sink. New faucets. Ready to install. 712-786-1588 or 760-902-7975
For RentStorage Units for Rent Storage Rowe 205 Park St. Oyens, Iowa 51045 Call 712-540-4141
Le Mars RummagesMulti Family Garage Sale : Friday July 19th 9AM to 6PM & Saturday July 20th 8AM to 1 PM @ 465 16th St SW Le Mars.
- Hoffman to serve 30 days
- We too shall RISE!
- Early sales to begin on fair admissions
- ‘Be the church’
- Gehlen baseball begins postseason with win over Trinity
- Eleven young men vie for king
- Murphy to not seek another term on school board
- Slow progress is still progress
- McDonald’s celebrates ‘bigger, bolder vision’
- Wal-Mart celebrates launch of its makeover