Thanking those who helped make it possiblePLYMOUTH CO. — Two individuals who put together ideas for the Plymouth County Veterans Park in Le Mars were recognized in a brief ceremony Tuesday, July 17. Richard Schultz and the late Don Law,...
Hillview Park reveals new playgroundHINTON — Years of planning and fundraising for a new playground at Hillview Recreation Area, located west of Hinton on County Road C-60, has come to fruition. A new $80,000 playground area nestled on...
Locals flock to Farmer’s MarketLE MARS — Every Saturday morning, from 9 a.m. to noon, local producers gather outside Cork It! to share their produce and talents with the community.
Here’s to a century of memoriesPLYMOUTH CO. — For more than 60 years, people were able to see a round barn on a farmstead on the west side of Le Mars. Then on Sept. 10, 1981, it was moved to the Plymouth County Fairgrounds. Built...
Petersen named new deputyPLYMOUTH CO. — After a year of working part time with the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Department, Deputy Kyle Petersen transitioned to serving his community full-time as of July 1. “I’m excited,” said...
- Le Mars sees its fair share of fireworks issues
- Fair offers church service for all
- Tucker Hill cuts ribbon on barn addition (7/16/18)
- Final concert to have three soloists (7/15/18)
- Hotel/Motel Sales Tax Funding awarded to Plymouth County Cyclists (7/14/18)
- Seventh summer production to provide music, memories (7/14/18)
- Striving to improve the ‘best’ (7/13/18)
- Advanced tickets on sale July 21 (7/13/18)
- Celebrating the opening of a new facility in Le Mars (7/13/18)
- Central Avenue project update (7/13/18)
- ‘It’s all about the food’ (7/11/18)2
- Nicoson named new LSTC director (7/11/18)
- LCS Board approves purchase of new algebra textbooks (7/11/18)
- YFC readies for peach fundraiser (7/10/18)
- Meeting Place has a new home (7/10/18)
No. 6 Bishop Heelan ends season for Le MarsLE MARS — No. 6 Bishop Heelan breezed past Le Mars on Monday for an 11-1 win in five innings to advance to the substate final. After a scoreless game through two and a half frames, the Crusaders came alive starting in the third with four runs and added two more in the fourth before ending the game early with a five-run fifth...
Jays continue postseason run into substate by blanking Akron-WestfieldAKRON — The wacky, wild and improbable postseason run for the Gehlen Catholic baseball team will continue for at least one more game as the Jays knocked off Akron-Westfield 5-0 Monday night to get into the substate. The Gehlen pitching staff had allowed 21 runs in their previous game, a 24-21 win over Trinity Christian, but somehow shut out a Westerner team for just the second time this season. ...
- Lady Westerners rely on seniors to advance to semifinals (7/16/18)
- Conry named CIF Special Teams Player of the Year (7/16/18)
- A-W sends its first player into IGHSAU Softball Hall of Fame (7/16/18)
- Akron-Westfield baseball advances past Central Lyon (7/16/18)
- Third time the charm for Le Mars against Spencer (7/16/18)
- Hawks top Kingsley-Pierson to claim district crown (7/16/18)
Arlene Schulz (7/16/18)Arlene Schulz, 93, of Le Mars, died Sunday, July 15, 2018, at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. Funeral service will be at 10 a.m., Thursday at Grace Lutheran Church in Le Mars. Burial will be...
Ed Schleis (7/16/18)Edward Schleis, 80, of Le Mars, passed away peacefully and spiritually on Saturday, July 14, 2018, at UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s in Sioux City. Ed entered the gates of heaven seeing and naming his...
Donna M. Dorr (7/16/18)Donna M. Dorr, 83, of Marcus, died unexpectedly on Thursday, July 12, 2018, at Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m., on Saturday, July 21, at the Earnest – Johnson...
Marlin 'Bud' Albright (7/16/18)Marlin "Bud" Albright, 85, of Le Mars, died Sunday, July 8, 2018, at Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City. Bud was born on June 28, 1933, on a farm near Brunsville, along with his twin sister, Marilyn...
Help WantedLooking for farm help with mechanical experience CDL preferred, not required. Pay based on experience. Call Joe at 712-539-1688
Le Mars Rummages736 3rd St. SE. July 19th 4pm to 8pm. July 20th 10am to 7 pm. July 21st. 10am to 1pm. Furniture, wooden boxes, vintage aprons, games, odds and ends, and much misc.
Le Mars RummagesMoving Sale Thursday July 19, and Friday July 20 3-7 PM & Saturday July 21 10-4 @ 901 6th Ave SW. Furniture, clothes infant-5x, shoes, bedding, electronics & games, household goods, office, sports equipment, tools, yard equipment and miscellaneous.
Le Mars Rummages1:00-6:00 PM July 18-20 Wednesday-Friday, girls clothes, plus size clothes pack'n plays, double stroller, desk, water distiller, electronic equipment, home decor 1611 4th Ave SW
Help WantedFlat Bed Company wanted Full and Part Time over the road and regional drivers. Benefits, Vacation, Holiday Pay, and Health Insurance. Regional drivers home most weekends. 712-943-2030
Help WantedWANTED: Family Advocate & Bilingual Family Advocate. 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Positions are based out of Orange City and visits with families in Lyon & Sioux counties. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to complete an on-line application, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Help WantedNow hiring various store positions. For more information please visit www.oreillyauto.com/careers
Help WantedCITY OF LE MARS - Public Works Equipment Operator. Regular full-time position. Duties include general labor and operating construction equipment. CDL preferred or ability to obtain. Pre-employment/Random Drug/Alcohol Test. Submit City application to City of Le Mars, 40 Central Ave. SE, Le Mars, IA 51031 or www.lemarsiowa.com by 5:00 PM July 27, 2018. EOE M/F
Help WantedWATER DEPARTMENT : City of Le Mars Water Department One (1) Permanent Full-time Water Operator Position. Duties include Treatment Plant Operation, Distribution System Operation, Meter Reading. Must have Grade 2 Certification or ability to obtain within two (2) years. CDL preferred or ability to obtain. Pre-employment/Random Drug/Alcohol Test. Submit City application to City of Le Mars, 40 Central Ave. SE, Le Mars, IA 51031 or www.lemarsiowa.com by 5:00 PM July 27, 2018. EOE M/F
Help WantedWANTED: Family Services Specialist. 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Position is located in Remsen. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to apply online, please go to www.midsioux.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ‘It’s all about the food’
- Striving to improve the ‘best’
- Working to overcome the odds
- It’s time to get ‘CRAZY’ in Le Mars
- Advanced tickets on sale July 21
- Petersen named new deputy
- Lady Westerners earn come-from-behind win in extras to return to state
- Meeting Place has a new home
- Hawks top Kingsley-Pierson to claim district crown
- Here’s to a century of memories