Garden Party benefit is a successLE MARS — Over 300 people attended the Floyd Valley’s Foundation “An Evening in The Garden Party” event held Saturday, Nov. 11 at the Le Mars Convention Center. The event raised nearly $49,000...
One big ‘yes’1PLYMOUTH CO. — Yes. That single word has taken Matt and Jill Holmes of rural Plymouth County on a rollercoaster of a journey the last three years and they wouldn’t change it for the world. It was on...
WWII veterans pay homageLE MARS — Warm smiles and hearty handshakes along with a “Good to see you again,” were seen and heard as members of the World War II Last Man’s Club gathered Tuesday. Nine members of the club met for...
RSM student receives student athlete achievementJOHNSTON — Brett Galles, a senior at Remsen St. Mary’s High School and son of Bart and Kelly Galles of Remsen, was recently honored as the 2017 recipient of the Iowa Bankers Association’s (IBA’s)...
Browns receive $75,000 for bed and breakfastDES MOINES — The Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) awarded $933,300 in Main Street Iowa Challenge Grants to 14 communities around the state. The Browns Century Events Center in Le Mars was...
- Hospice of Siouxland awarded CHAP Accreditation
- City offers an alley clearance reminder (11/18/17)
- Gehlen kindergarteners to celebrate Thanksgiving (11/18/17)
- LaunchPAD to host Holiday Open House (11/18/17)
- Marcus church to perform musical (11/18/17)
- Breathing new life into the Le Mars Library (11/15/17)
- The streak is alive (11/15/17)
- Akron restaurant locks its doors, future unknown (11/15/17)
- Carlin chosen to represent Republicans (11/15/17)
- Holz honored by veterinary association (11/15/17)
- It’s a ‘honor’ to be selected (11/14/17)
- Vietnam veterans gather to reminisce, pay tribute (11/14/17)
- Wendt named Democratic candidate (11/13/17)
- Maurice resident injured in two-vehicle accident (11/13/17)
- Opus, here we come (11/13/17)
- Gehlen girls looking for breakthrough year on hardwoodBy Allen Hamil Sports Editor LE MARS — Brandon Schaecher’s team missed out on a week’s worth of practices to start the season due to the state volleyball tournament. With the season opener on Friday there isn’t much time to practice basketball. “Getting a week late start on practice isn’t the ideal situation, but it’s for a good reason,” Schaecher said. ...
- Turnovers trip up Remsen St. Mary’s in title game (11/16/17)
- Remsen St. Mary’s 2017 cross country recap (11/15/17)
- Defending state champ Don Bosco is final obstacle for RSM (11/15/17)
- Le Mars Community 2017 Volleyball Recap (11/14/17)
- Le Mars Community 2017 Football Recap (11/14/17)
- Bunkers, Peters make 1A All-Tournament Team (11/13/17)
Linda Jane Vogel (11/17/17)Deacon, great-grandmother, teacher, author, advocate for peace and justice. Linda Jane Vogel, 77, who with her husband Dwight was a faculty member at Westmar College from 1965 to 1985, died bravely...
Shirley E. Jacobsen (11/15/17)“One Strong Lady” Shirley E. Jacobsen, 91, of Newton, passed away quietly in her sleep at the Park Centre Retirement Community in Newton, on Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017 surrounded by family. The end of a...
Fred J. Sparr (11/15/17)Fred J. Sparr, 86, of Hinton, passed into Eternal Life Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017 with his family by his side. Fred was born on April 6, 1931 on a farm near Kingsley, the first child of Julius and...
Theresa Brent (11/15/17)Theresa Brent, 46, of Le Mars, died Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017 at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars, surrounded by her family. Theresa Lynn Lilly was born July 16, 1971 in Sioux City, the daughter of...
AppliancesWhite Amana washer. 14 months old. Great condition. $175. 712-541-9565
Le Mars Apartments for RentNice clean 1 BR downstairs furnished apartment with deck and garage. Close to downtown. Available Immediately. Call 539-2007
For SaleFor sale 2 side by side cemtary lots in Resthaven Cemetary. $420 each. Call 712-253-3917
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor rent small efficiency completely furnished apartment. $300 No pets. No smoking. 541-4324
For SalePro Form Treadmill. Excellent Condition. Best Offer. 712-786-2437
- Defending state champ Don Bosco is final obstacle for RSM
- Browns receive $75,000 for bed and breakfast
- One big ‘yes’
- Gehlen girls looking for breakthrough year on hardwood
- WWII veterans pay homage
- NW Iowa bank receives 2017 Community Banking Month Best-of-the-Best Award
- Akron restaurant locks its doors, future unknown
- Nine LCMS students perform at annual honor band festival
- Dollar General comes to a town near you
- Turnovers trip up Remsen St. Mary’s in title game