LCS play puts comical twist on today’s media outlets
Chamber holiday promotions beginLE MARS — It’s time to get into the holiday shopping spirit with the Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce’s Shop, Save, Give promotion. Leading up to the holidays, the chamber has several different...
Schipper presents on insurance evaluationLE MARS — The Le Mars City Council heard from Le Mars Fire-Rescue Chief David Schipper concerning the Insurance Services Organization, or ISO, person who was in town Tuesday morning to do an...
Dean Foods files Chapter 11 bankruptcyLE MARS — Dallas-based milk processor Dean Foods announced it and substantially all of its subsidiaries have initiated voluntary Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings in the Southern District of...
Schmidt’s Poppy Poster advances to nationalsLE MARS — After winning local, regional and state American Legion Auxiliary Poppy Poster Contest on Monday, Nov. 11, Cathy Popp, education chair for the Le Mars American Legion Auxiliary #241,...
Man succumbs to fire injuriesLE MARS — A man injured in a fire at the end of September has died from the injuries sustained by the accident. Jorge Orozco, 38, of Sioux City, died at Nov. 9, at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in...
Schools countywide salute its veteransPLYMOUTH CO. — Veterans across Plymouth County will be honored over the next several days. Veterans Day, originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War...
New names to take seats countywidePLYMOUTH CO. — There will be some new faces on city councils and school boards across Plymouth County following Tuesday’s city/school election. In Plymouth County, a total of 2,526 ballots were cast,...
It’s a six-peatLE MARS — What’s nicer then five? Six, of course. That is the number of Main Street Iowa Challenge Grants, the Le Mars Main Street Program has received since 2011. The sixth being awarded to Chris...
Revitalizing Main StreetLE MARS — Keeping a Main Street alive and thriving, while maintaining its historical identity, can be challenging, but once it is achieved the benefits are endless. Thanks to the Main Street Iowa...
- Vet honored with Quilt of Valor (11/6/19)
- Veterans Day Dinner to raise money for Midwest Honor Flight (11/5/19)
- Gehlen students honored with All-State, Opus selections (11/5/19)
- Chamber seeks teams for holiday bowling event (11/5/19)
- MENuMasters fundraiser to take a year hiatus (11/5/19)
- LCS sends 13 to All-State (11/4/19)
- MMCRU receives STEM BEST Program Award (11/4/19)
- Auxiliary prepares for return of famous candy sales (11/4/19)
- LCS approves new school bus policy and bus purchase (11/4/19)
- Students of the month honored (11/3/19)
- Produce Safety Alliance course to be held Nov. 21 in Orange City (11/3/19)
- Educational Farm Bill Workshops to be held throughout northwest Iowa this December (11/2/19)
- Fair photos on display (11/2/19)
- Deer-car crashes see uptick countywide (11/1/19)1
- City to flush hydrants (11/1/19)
- RSM-Audubon sequel looks to match drama of originalRemsen St. Mary’s and Audubon will meet for the second time this season when the teams take the field in the 8-player state semifinal round at the UNI-Dome on Thursday. The first meeting came early in the season in non-district play with the Hawks earning the 26-25 win...
- Similar Gehlen, North Tama teams to meet up in state quarterfinalsThe 4-vs-5 matchup typically brings together the most evenly matched teams and this pairing between Gehlen Catholic and North Tama doesn’t appear any different. Along with very similar records, the two teams have put together similar stat lines over the course of the season...
- Hawks headed back to UNI-Dome after win over Fremont-Mills (11/11/19)
- RSM, Fremont-Mills to meet in playoffs for second time in three years (11/8/19)
- Sentinel Player of the Week- November 8, 2019 (11/8/19)
- Central adding women’s triathlon as varsity sport (11/7/19)
- Gehlen advances to state in five-set thriller over Newell-Fonda (11/6/19)
- Remsen St. Mary’s 2019 cross country season recap (11/5/19)
Frank E. Hutchinson (11/7/19)Frank E. Hutchinson, 49, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019, at his home following a lengthy illness. A Celebration of Life Service will be at 2 p.m., Friday, at the Mauer – Johnson Funeral...
Norma Jean Kehrberg (10/22/19)Norma J. Kehrberg, 81, a long-time United Methodist missionary and the first woman to lead the United Methodist Committee on Relief, died Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, following a long illness. She lived in...
Pearl M. Driscoll (10/21/19)Pearl M. Driscoll, 96, of Le Mars, died Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, at her home following a brief illness. Pearl Marjorie Driscoll was born on Aug. 2, 1923, in Hendricks, Minnesota, to Edward and Mary...
Vincent H. Masuen (10/21/19)Vincent Henry Masuen, 93, of Le Mars, died Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, at Happy Siesta Care Center in Remsen. Vince was born on Sept. 10, 1926, to Clemens and Josephine (Fettes) Masuen in Pipestone,...
PRIVATE FARM AUCTIONPrivate Farm Auction of approximately 500 acres of prime Plymouth County Farmland Farm #1: NE¼ EXCEPT the NW¼ of the NE¼, 4-91-45 (Stanton Township) Farm #2: NW¼ EXCEPT the NW¼ of the NW¼, 15-91-44 (Union Township) Farm #3: N½ of the NE¼,...
Help WantedWanted Co-Cook for LeMars Head Start/Early Head Start. 38 hours per week, 41 weeks per year, Monday through Friday. Summer hours, 30 hours per week for 11 weeks. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS, High School Diploma or GED required. For more information & to apply online,visit www.midsioux.org 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
AuctionsSat, Nov. 30th @ 10:00 AM Estate & Consignment Auction Auto; Antiques; Collectibles; Household; Jewelry; Exercise Equip; Pool table & more. Inside, heated building at Tucker Hill Vineyards 26001 Titan Rd, Hinton Betty Martin Estate & Family – owner Stabe Auction & Realty Randy 712) 540-9640
AuctionsSaturday November 23, 2019 @ 11 AM Impound Vehicle Auction 60+ cars & Misc. 321 1st St. NE Le Mars, Iowa Stockton Towing Owner. Stabe Auction & Realty Randy 712-540-9640
For RentDowntown retail building 2500 square foot. Available Jan. 4, 2019 20 Ply St SW Call for more details. 712-541-8108
Le Mars Houses for Rent2BR Duplex , includes stove, fridge, microwave, off street parking, Full unfinished bsmt. Tenant pays Gas, Elec, Water. Avg G & E bill is $85. NO Pets NO Smoking Location 122 5th St SE Rent $700/Dep. $700 Call 712-540-3223
Help WantedBuilding Blocks PS & CC is hiring for a FT Infant Teacher. Experience req. Apply at 601 12th St SW Le Mars, Iowa
Le Mars Houses for RentFor Rent: 3 bedroom 2 bath house, 1 stall garage, no pets, no smoking, $850/month Available immediately 820 2nd Ave. S.E. 712-540-3885
FT Infant TeacherBuilding Blocks Preschool & Child Care has an opening for a full time infant teacher. Ideal candidate is loving, patient, kind & organized. Experience is required. Paid training, holidays and vacation. Please apply online at...
Help WantedKennel Assistant: looking for P/T kennel help, rotating weekends & holidays, must be reliable. Duties include caring for hospitalized & boarding animals, cleaning kennels, ect. Apply at Town & Country Veterinary Clinic 805 6th Ave SW Le Mars, Iowa
- Dean Foods files Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- It’s a six-peat
- Man succumbs to fire injuries
- Revitalizing Main Street
- RSM, Fremont-Mills to meet in playoffs for second time in three years
- New names to take seats countywide
- Hawks headed back to UNI-Dome after win over Fremont-Mills
- Schmidt’s Poppy Poster advances to nationals
- Sentinel Player of the Week- November 8, 2019
- LCS play puts comical twist on today’s media outlets