Final concert to have three soloistsLE MARS — The Le Mars Municipal Band will present its final concert of the summer at 8 p.m., Wednesday, July 18, at Foster Park. Admission is free. Concert-goers are encouraged to bring their lawn...
Hotel/Motel Sales Tax Funding awarded to Plymouth County CyclistsPLYMOUTH CO. — In February of 2017 the Plymouth County Cyclists were awarded $800 from Le Mars Hotel/Motel Sales Tax receipts for the 2017-2018 funding cycle. The funds were used to help put on the...
Striving to improve the ‘best’LE MARS — The Plymouth County Fair Board is constantly working to improve the experience of fair-goers and this year is no exception. In preparation for the 2018 Plymouth County Fair, two large...
Celebrating the opening of a new facility in Le MarsLE MARS — Plains Area Mental Health Center hosted a ribbon cutting and Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce coffee at their newly renovated Meeting Place, Wednesday, July 11, located in the old Family...
Central Avenue project update(Sentinel Photo by Breeanna Pierce) Construction continues on Central Avenue between Plymouth Street and Second Street South, Thursday, July 12, as part of the Central Avenue resurfacing project....
- Seventh summer production to provide music, memories (7/14/18)
- Advanced tickets on sale July 21 (7/13/18)
- ‘It’s all about the food’ (7/11/18)2
- Nicoson named new LSTC director (7/11/18)
- LCS Board approves purchase of new algebra textbooks (7/11/18)
- YFC readies for peach fundraiser (7/10/18)
- Meeting Place has a new home (7/10/18)
- Donations support ag-based entities (7/10/18)
- Honoring the fallen (7/10/18)
- Get your daily dose of iron (7/9/18)
- Working to overcome the odds (7/9/18)
- State forum comes to Le Mars (7/9/18)
- It’s time to get ‘CRAZY’ in Le Mars (7/9/18)
- Municipal Band continues to entertain (7/7/18)
- Farm to Fork makes its return (7/6/18)
- Lady Westerners looking to make the most of state opportunityFORT DODGE — A pair of close games in the regional semifinals and finals, including a come-from-behind win to advance to state, have the Akron-Westfield softball team looking to make the most of another state tournament appearance, one that nearly didn’t happen...
- Panthers rally in seventh for win against Woodbury CentralREMSEN — In the fourth meeting between Kingsley-Pierson and Woodbury Central this season, the Panthers rallied in the seventh to even the season series at two wins apiece, but more importantly, to advance to the district final with a 7-3 victory. “We were down to our last out and Payton Kuchel’s really been hitting the ball well for us lately and he got a pitch and just murdered it to center field and that was the one we needed,” K-P Head Coach Taylor Doeschot said...
- Remsen St. Mary’s keeps rolling with win over Royals (7/13/18)
- Jays win crazy, high-scoring game over Trinity Christian (7/13/18)
- Hinton drops rubber match to Unity Christian (7/12/18)
- MMCRU earns shutout to oust Lawton-Bronson (7/12/18)
- Panthers cruise over Ridge View (7/11/18)
- Hawks blast CCE in postseason opener (7/11/18)
Dylan Wiebersch (7/11/18)Dylan Wiebersch, 19, formerly of Le Mars, died unexpectedly at his home in Estherville on Tuesday, July 3, 2018. Dylan Matthew Peter Wiebersch was born to Todd and Jessica (Huisman) Wiebersch on...
De Roy Bartolozzi (7/11/18)De Roy Bartolozzi, 66, of Sioux City, died Tuesday, July 10, 2018, at his home in Sioux City following a lengthy illness. Survivors include two brothers: Dennis Bartolozzi of Sioux City, and Craig...
Phyllis Hawkins (7/10/18)Phyllis Ann Hawkins, 88, of rural Ireton, died Saturday, July 7, 2018 at Hawarden Regional Healthcare in Hawarden. Phyllis Ann Bryans was born July 8, 1929, in Sioux City, the daughter of Frank and...
Marlin 'Bud' Albright (7/9/18)Marlin ‘Bud’ Albright, 85, of Le Mars, died Sunday, July 8, 2018, at Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City. Arrangements are pending with the Rexwinkel Funeral Home in Le Mars. Expressions of sympathy...
FreebiesTo give away Piano and Ping Pong Table 548-5226
For RentBuilding for Rent . 50ft. x 100ft. steel building on one acre at 1480 Industrial Road SW. Le Mars with two 12ft. x 14ft. overhead doors. $1,200.00 per month. Call 712-540-6444
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent or sale on contract Newly remodeled 2 BR house, 2 Baths on Hwy 3 West Le Mars. $950 Month, Low utilities. Call 712-546-7567
For RentQuonset Building for lease:1877 Lincoln Street SW Located in the Industrial area South edge of Le Mars. 24'x36' concrete floor $350/Month Call 540-3284 or 541-5886
Help WantedPART TIME ADJUNCT POSITION Part-time teaching positions for on campus Computer Science courses. Bachelors degree required. Fall semester begins August 20, 2018. For more information contact Dr. Rhonda Pennings, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park Street, Sheldon, IA 51201, 712-631-5640. AA/EOE
Help WantedSOCIOLOGY ADJUNCT POSITION AVAILABLE Part-time teaching positions for on campus Sociology courses. Masters degree required. Fall semester begins August 20, 2018. For more information contact Dr. Rhonda Pennings, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park Street, Sheldon, IA 51201, 712-631-5640. AA/EOE
Le Mars Houses for RentNice 2 BR, Single car garage. No pets. No smoking. Available August 1st 541-8796
O'Reilly Auto PartsWe are now hiring for full time and part time Store Counter Sales and Retail Sales Specialist positions. We offer generous team member discounts, ongoing training, and advancement opportunities to all team members. We also offer 401K, stock purchase...
Help WantedBaymont Inn & Suites Le Mars is now accepting applications for full/part time Front Desk Clerk and Housekeeping. Apply in person at Baymont Inn & Suites Le Mars, 1314 12th Street SW Le Mars IA 51031.
Help WantedLooking for Full Time Housekeeping and Full Time Front Desk. Apply at Amber Inn 546-7066
- ‘It’s all about the food’
- It’s time to get ‘CRAZY’ in Le Mars
- Working to overcome the odds
- Meeting Place has a new home
- Advanced tickets on sale July 21
- Striving to improve the ‘best’
- Lady Westerners earn come-from-behind win in extras to return to state
- Celebrating the opening of a new facility in Le Mars
- Honoring the fallen
- Nicoson named new LSTC director