Total keeps on growingLE MARS — Total Motors is undergoing an expansive renovation project to their facilities located on 801 Hawkeye Ave. S.W. in Le Mars. When completed, Total Motors’ updated collision center will...
Ice Cream Bash makes a returnLE MARS — This year’s Ice Cream Bash, the annual nightcap performance of the Ice Cream Days Festival at Olson Event Center stage, will be headlined by Birdchild and The Nadas at Ice Cream Days 2021....
Insurance rates jump for LCSLE MARS — Insurance was on the June 7 agenda for the Le Mars Community School District Board of Education. Rob Bixenman of Perspective Insurance addressed the board about the district’s...
Iowa State Park Passport offers open road, endless adventuresDES MOINES — The Iowa Tourism Office and the Iowa Department of Natural Resources has announced updates to the popular Iowa State Park Passport to give consumers a fun and engaging way to track...
Art in the Park reborn as ‘Merchant Market’LE MARS — One of the traditional pillars of Ice Cream Days, formerly known as Art in the Park, is being reinvented this year. The popular event will be moved from its former locale in Foster Park,...
It’s Dairy Month!Visitors were able to get a first-hand look at the operation which began milking cows in 2019. Perry Creek Dairy hosts an 80-stall rotary parlor to milk the cows. As the system rotates, a cow gets on...
Council OKs salary changesLE MARS — At the June 1 city council meeting, the council dealt with a number of consent items. Two of those were Fire-Rescue personnel salary adjustments for FY ‘22 and a change order on Well #14...
LCS Board OKs contractsLE MARS — Citing an increase in the number of students in the secondary special education classes, Le Mars Community School District Superintendent Dr. Steve Webner recommended an additional special...
Vandalism continues to Le Mars landmarksLE MARS — Le Mars Police are investigating an incident of vandalism in Foster Park over the weekend. Le Mars Assistant Police Chief Justin Daale said the vandals, using magic markers, wrote on...
Moving onLE MARS — The timing just felt right. That is what led Neal Adler to his decision to retire after nearly 27 years with the Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce and LBIC (Le Mars Business Initiative...
- Mission Accepted (6/9/21)
- Grab your lawnchairs, the drive-in is back (6/9/21)
- Parking ordinance change moves forward (6/9/21)
- LCS Board approves milk, bread contracts (6/9/21)
- Flashback Heart Attack to entertain at RAGBRAI (6/7/21)
- Honoring veterans (6/7/21)
- Council OKs Vacura’s pay raise (6/7/21)
- Grab your bags, cornhole tourney comes to ICD (6/7/21)
- Schultz to open ‘Watercolors with Jane’ at Betty Strong Encounter Center (6/5/21)
- Flashback Heart Attack to headline RAGBRAI® event (6/4/21)
- An RSM pastime (6/4/21)
- Council moves PlyWood Trail forward (6/4/21)
- Through the eyes of a dairy farmer (6/4/21)
- Fire/EMS ordinance first reading approved (6/2/21)
- Lunch ‘n Learn Series makes a comeback appearance (6/2/21)
- Lady Bulldogs split at home softball tournamentLE MARS — Going up against a pair of Western Valley Conference teams at their home tournament on Friday, the Le Mars Community softball team came away with a split. The team faced Class 2A No. 12 West Monona in their opening game, falling by a 5-2 score...
- Hinton softball splits games with West, NorthLE MARS — The Hinton softball team wishes they could have carried over some of their runs from their first game at the Le Mars tournament Friday to their second game. After a 29-0 shellacking of Sioux City West in just two innings in their opener, the Lady Blackhawks fell short by a 7-5 score to Sioux City North in their second game...
Carol Clarey (6/14/21)Carol Clarey, 83, of Le Mars, died Friday, June 11, 2021, at Accura HealthCare in Le Mars. Carol Jean Hillrichs was born on Jan. 3, 1938, in rural Akron, to Fred and Alma (Meinen) Hillrichs. She...
Caren Kounkel (6/9/21)Caren Kay Kounkel, 80, of Palmview, Texas, died Sunday, Nov. 8, 2020, at DHR Health in Edinburg, Texas. There will be a graveside service at 1 p.m., Sunday, June 13, at the Liberty Perry Cemetery,...
Dee Hilliker (6/9/21)Dee Hilliker, 84, of Akron, died Sunday, June 6, 2021, at the Akron Care Center in Akron. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m., Sunday, June 13, at Rexwinkel Funeral Home in Akron. Burial will be...
Timothy R. Kelley (6/9/21)Timothy R. Kelley, 66, of Remsen, died Saturday, June 5, 2021, at Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Tim was born May 18, 1955, in Le Mars, the son of...
Anniversary: David and Vicki Anstine (6/14/21)David and Vicki Anstine of Kingsley will observe their 50th wedding anniversary June 19, 2021. The couple will celebrate the golden event with a family trip to Pompano Beach, Florida over Christmas....
Anniversary: Roger and Gloria Pattison (6/4/21)Roger and Gloria Pattison will observe their 60th wedding anniversary June 8, 2021, and also Roger’s 80th birthday. Their family is honoring the couple with a card shower. Cards and greetings may be...
Anniversary: Alan and Carol Feuerhelm (5/24/21)Alan and Carol Feuerhelm of Le Mars will observe their 50th wedding anniversary on June 5, 2021. The family will celebrate the golden event together on Sunday, May 30, and invites you to send a card...
Anniversary: Clark and Vickie Rainboth (5/21/21)Clark and Vickie Rainboth of Marcus, observed their 50th wedding anniversary on March 6, 2021. Their children are hosting an open house to celebrate the golden event on Monday, May 31, from 2-4 p.m.,...
Help WantedWANTED: Education Coach for Mid-Sioux Head Start/Early Head Start Program. 40 hours per week (August – May), 8 hours per week (June – July). Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. Position is located in Remsen. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
AnnouncementsLe Mars Indoor Soccer Club is taking new members. Adults-Coed and 16 years and up. Contact Michael call or text 712-574-4744
VehiclesFor sale 2014 Subaru Impreza Premium. All wheel drive auto. 28900 Miles. AC, Excellent condition. New Paint, Brand new tires. $12,995.00 Or Best Offer. Call for text 712-574-4744
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Teacher Associates: HS Special Education MS Special Education MS Special Ed. Behavioral Disorders Elementary and Preschool Special Education $16.02/hr, 30 to 32.5 hrs/wk, IPERS If interested, apply online at www.lemarscsd.org Open until filled EOE
Help WantedCustomer Service Specialist Assist customers in person and over the phone as well as opening and closing the store, making bank deposits, stocking shelves and setting up displays, cleaning store equipment, and loading and unloading trucks BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status. High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED).See website for more detail....
Help WantedHelp Wanted: Love history? Good with computers? Want to make a difference in Plymouth County? Become the registrar at the Plymouth County Historical Museum, Le Mars. 20 hours per week, flexible. Mail or deliver cover letter and resume by June 18 to: Plymouth County Historical Museum, 335 First Ave. SW, Le Mars IA 51031
AuctionsAuction: Saturday June 26, 2021 Start time: 10:30AM Live/Internet Auction of tractors, farm machinery and equipment, vehicles, shop tools and equipment, antiques and collectibles, household goods. Address: 18493 K-64 Le Mars, IA (Alfred and Sonny) Sherlock Estate, Owners Executors: Esther Shrader & Mary Fulton Attorney for the Estate: Gene Collins Auctioneer: Jim Klein @ Klein Realty & Auction Co. and Iowa Auction Group
Le Mars Houses for RentDuplex 3 Bedrooms , 1 1/2 Baths. Ready to move in. $1,000 Month plus Deposit. Utilities not included. No pets. No smoking. 712-541-1097
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Seasonal Mowing $12.89/hr If interested, apply online at www.lemars.k12.ia.us Open until filled EOE
For RentThe Shed : Multi-Size storage units available. Call or 712-546-4413
- Jays edge Bulldogs in first baseball meeting since 1981
- Council OKs Vacura’s pay raise
- An RSM pastime
- Art in the Park reborn as ‘Merchant Market’
- Through the eyes of a dairy farmer
- Gehlen baseball walk-off over Hinton erased by forfeit
- Honoring veterans
- Council moves PlyWood Trail forward
- RSM softball wins twice, Lady Jays top Heelan at CYO tournament
- Schultz to open ‘Watercolors with Jane’ at Betty Strong Encounter Center