Klein named Boss of the 1st QuarterLE MARS — American Bank’s James Klein was named the Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce’s 2019 1st Quarter Boss of the Quarter during a presentation on Monday afternoon.
B&B comes to Le MarsLE MARS — As the Browns have traveled with their music through the years, ideas kept coming up for them and for the community.
Orders being taken for Le Mars sesqui booksLE MARS — The Le Mars Sesquicentennial Committee started making plans for the city’s 150th anniversary celebration in June of 2017. One of the key projects is the creation of a commemorative history...
Students chosen for NWICDASIOUX CENTER — Eight student from Le Mars Community High School spent Monday, Jan. 14, at Dordt College in Sioux Center participating in Northwest Iowa Choral Director’s Association (NWICDA) annual...
First, a college then a high school degreeAKRON — An Akron-Westfield Community School senior has earned an associate of arts degree from Western Iowa Tech Community College with one semester of high school left to go.
- Plains Area, Sioux Rivers seeks LCS policy change (1/16/19)
- Daale rises as assistant chief (1/15/19)
- TeBrink embraces new role (1/14/19)
- Hillview to hold annual Snow Scamper event (1/14/19)
- Le Mars United Way campaign wraps up (1/14/19)
- Applications now being accepted for Head Start (1/13/19)
- Empty Bowls names new event venue (1/13/19)
- Workshop to focus on communicating respectfully in a diverse world (1/12/19)
- Blue Ribbon Foundation hosts ‘Halfway to the Fair Happy Hour Fundraiser’ (1/12/19)
- It’s all about community betterment (1/11/19)
- A New Year’s blessing (1/11/19)
- County begins 2019 budget talks (1/11/19)
- Eight Gehlen vocalists selected for NWICDA Honor Choir (1/11/19)
- LCS board hears teachers’ proposal (1/11/19)
- Clay County Fair announces 2019 admission changes (1/10/19)
- Gehlen Catholic fends off pesky Hinton squadLE MARS — After a four-point road win over Hinton earlier in the season, the Gehlen Catholic boys basketball team hoped a home environment would boost them to a bigger win the next time around. That was not the case on Tuesday as the team escaped with a 55-52 win as Hinton’s last-second shot to tie at the buzzer missed off the rim...
- Lady Jays lead from start to finish against HintonLE MARS — The Gehlen Catholic girls basketball team never trailed as they came away with a 57-21 victory over Hinton on Tuesday. The win answered Monday’s loss to Woodbury Central as the Lady Jays have not dropped consecutive games this season. “The girls responded well,” Gehlen Head Coach Brandon Schaecher said. “It was a nice thing to turn it around and get a nice victory against Hinton.”...
- Sioux City Metro wins Rusty Garst Invitational (1/16/19)
- RSM girls seize first victory of season (1/15/19)
- Another day, another comeback win for Remsen St. Mary’s (1/15/19)
- Westerners finish middle of pack at Nighthawk Invite (1/15/19)
- Schmid, Hanner earn WVC titles (1/15/19)
- Le Mars takes second at home wrestling invitational (1/15/19)
David C. Pigg (1/15/19)David C. Pigg, 67, of Le Mars, died Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, at Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City, following a brief battle with cancer. David Clair Pigg was born on Aug. 11, 1951, in Sioux City, to...
Bettye Pallesen (1/15/19)Bettye Patrick Pallesen, 93, of Marcus, died Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, at Heartland Care Center in Marcus. Bettye Winsler was born Aug. 19, 1925, in Memphis, Tennessee, to Hayes and Winnie (Patrick)...
Paula M. Uhrig (1/14/19)Paula M. Uhrig died on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019, in Gainesville, Florida, at the age of 91. She was born in Le Mars at home on their family farm on April 12, 1927, to George and Elvira Schnepf. She...
David C. Pigg (1/14/19)David C. Pigg, 67, of Le Mars, died Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, at Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City, following a brief battle with cancer. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, at...
Le Mars Apartments for RentNice 2 Bedroom efficiency. Stove, Refrig. No pets. No smoking. 541-8796
Lost & FoundFound Calico cat 1 block from Truck stop. Call 712-540-5853
Full Time Breakfast HostHoliday Inn Express & Suites is seeking a warm, cheerful individual with a guest-centered attitude to take on the role as our Full Time Breakfast Host. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, greeting and conversing with...
Help WantedJOIN A LEADER IN PORK PRODUCTION Service Technician. HANOR Company. The HANOR Company of Wisconsin, a leader in US pork production, has an opening for a Service Technician in Northwest Iowa. The candidate will be responsible for daily working with contract growers to ensure the proper care of our animals and adherence to contractual agreements. We offer a competitive starting wage and a benefit package that includes insurance, 401K, paid time off and holidays. The ideal candidate...
AnnouncementsENJOY A WINTER ESCAPE with Paul and Elaine De Jong to our “Florida Winter Escape Tour” – February 22-March 6. Call Elaine for more details asap.Tel. 712-707-9090 or 712-395-0105
Le Mars Houses for RentFor Rent 2 Bedroom 1 Bath. Attached garage. 235 4th Ave. NW. No Pets. $700 per month. 712-540-5617 or 712-540-5945
Help WantedGuardian Angel Preschool & Daycare is looking for someone that's loving caring & energetic to join our team. There currently are 2 positions available. One is in the Toddler Room approximately 35 hours a week and one is in the 3, 4 and 5 year old room for approximately 20 hours a week. Early Childhood Education and experience is preferred but not required. Please send resume and inquiries to 1391 1st St SE or stop to pick up an application.
Help WantedNow Hiring Front Desk Clerk and housekeeping. Apply @ Amber Inn. 712-546-7066
Help WantedWANTED: Family Advocate for Cherokee & Plymouth Counties. 40 hours a week, 52 weeks per year. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Real Estate Plymouth CountyPublisher's notice: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State laws forbid discrimination in the sale, rental or advertising of real estate based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. We...
- The accolades keep on coming
- It’s all about community betterment
- 30-plus busted in underage drinking party
- A hands-on learning experience at LCS
- First, a college then a high school degree
- A New Year’s blessing
- Daale rises as assistant chief
- Another day, another comeback win for Remsen St. Mary’s
- Sentinel Player of the Week- January 11, 2019
- TeBrink embraces new role