The big reveal(Sentinel Photos by Breeanna Pierce) Employees of Wells Enterprises, Inc. were joined by members of the Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce, community members and area media outlets to announce their...
Exhibit features family’s love of artLE MARS — A family that creates together, stays together — or at the very least, holds a reception of art at the Le Mars Arts Center during Ice Cream Days, Saturday, June 16. Following the parade...
Gehlen alum works to stabilize conditions in AfghanistanLE MARS — Gehlen Catholic often hears from students who have participated in the Mission Honduras program, describing how the experience led them to pursue opportunities to continue serving others...
Meyer honored by Madonna Rehabilitation HospitalsLINCOLN, Neb. — Emily Meyer, of Ireton, was one of four former patients honored with a GOAL Award for her courageous recovery on Friday, June 8, at Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals in Lincoln,...
Kiwanis Club gears up for Kow Splash 2018
- Three attend P.E.O. Iowa convention
- Register for the 12th annual Iowa Women in Agriculture Conference (6/16/18)
- Breastfeeding class to be held at Floyd Valley Healthcare (6/16/18)
- LCS Board grants Webner a salary increase (6/15/18)
- The parlor, reimagined (6/13/18)
- Ice Cream Days parade to take a new route (6/13/18)
- MMCRU - Remsen Elementary Kindergarten Graduation 2017-2018 (6/12/18)
- Donlin announces plan to retire (6/12/18)
- Pitchfork joins business landscape (6/12/18)
- A step back in time (6/12/18)
- Richards bids farewell (6/12/18)
- Bringing aid to man’s best friend (6/11/18)
- Renner bids goodbye to Gehlen (6/11/18)
- Municipal Band to open season (6/11/18)
- Le Mars United Way awards funding to area agencies (6/11/18)
Fourth inning explosion leads K-P softball to winBATTLE CREEK — An 11-run fourth inning broke a 1-1 tie as Kingsley-Pierson went on to beat OA-BCIG 13-1 in five innings on Thursday. The game was a completion of a game delayed from Monday due to the weather. Anna Bubke, Emily Redinius and Madison Goodwin each had a pair of hits as part of an eight hit effort from the team. Redinius led the team with a 3 RBI performance. Bubke and Madison Wurth drove in two apiece...
- Sentinel Player of the Week- June 15, 2018Sentinel Player of the Week: Shelbie Young, Hinton 4-for-5, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI vs. Gehlen Catholic 3-for-3, 1 R, 2B, 3 RBI vs. Sioux City West 2-for-2, 2 R, BB, 3 RBI vs. Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn 3-for-5, 3 R, 3 RBI vs. Whiting Hinton’s Shelbie Young receives Sentinel Player of the Week honors after driving in 13 runs in four games. The junior’s 23 RBI this season are most in the War Eagle Conference...
- Blackhawks blast Lawton-Bronson, Whiting in non-conference games (6/15/18)
- South O’Brien softball stays perfect with wins over Royals, Hawks (6/15/18)
- MMCRU dominates South O’Brien in baseball (6/14/18)
- Akron-Westfield softball beats Unity Christian in three innings (6/14/18)
- Bulldogs pick up sweep over Western Christian (6/14/18)
- West Sioux takes two from Gehlen Catholic (6/14/18)
Lillian C.M. Ludwigs (6/11/18)Lillian C. M. Ludwigs, 93, of Le Mars, died Friday, June 8, 2018 at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Lillian Catherine Marie Ludwigs was born on May 29, 1925, in Le Mars, the daughter of...
Gerald Zimmerman (6/11/18)Gerald (Jerry) A. Zimmerman went home to be with the Lord Friday, June 8, 2018, in Sioux City. Jerry was born on Aug. 3, 1927, to Arthur J. H. and Eugene E. (Cobb) Zimmerman on their farm homestead...
Mary K. Lane (6/8/18)Mary K. Lane, 89, of Le Mars, formerly of Struble, died Monday, June 4, 2018, at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. Mary Kathleen Lane was born on Aug. 31, 1928, in Struble, the daughter of...
Richard C. Edwards (6/8/18)Richard Edwards, 55, of Le Mars, formerly of Orange City, died Wednesday, June 6, 2018, at UnityPoint Health-St Luke’s in Sioux City. Richard Charles was born on March 6, 1963, in Denver, Colorado,...
Help WantedWANTED: Museum maintenance director. Responsible for cleaning all five floors of the Plymouth County Historical Museum, 335 First Ave. SW, Le Mars. Also basic maintenance and odd jobs as assigned. Starting pay of $9 per hour. 24 hours weekly. May include some weekend hours. Deliver letter of interest and resume to the Museum during open hours, 1 to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday.
Le Mars RummagesMulti-family Yard Sale . 300 4th Ave. SE. LeMars. Thurs. June 21st. 3-8 pm. Fri. June 22nd 9am-8pm. Sat June 23rd 8am-noon. Vintage books, vintage records, vintage comic books, Longaberger, Stampin'up sets, décor, vintage collectable dolls, hand cut Jasper stoneware, household, women's and men's clothing, purses, misc.
Help WantedWANTED: Head Cook for Le Mars Head Start/Early Head Start. 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (Summer hours will vary the months of June, July & August). Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. High School Diploma or GED required. Cooking knowledge or experience required. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR apartment at Vista Villa includes garage and all major appliances. Available July 1, $640 Month and $640 Deposit. 712-540-3077
PetsFor sale Australian cattle dog puppies. Color is red. Purebred 712-533-6542
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 BR Basement apartment. Appliances furnished including washer/dryer. $495 Month. No pets. No smoking. 235 Central Ave SW 712-548-4700
Le Mars Apartments for RentNice one BR . main floor. Quiet complex. Appliances furnished. Central air. Some utilities paid. Laundry available. $510 Garage. Available July 1. No Smoking. No Pets. Leave message. 712-546-7662
For Rent2 Quonset Buildings for lease:1877 Lincoln Street SW Located in the Industrial area South edge of Le Mars. 40'x100', concrete floor with floor drain $650/Month, 24'x36' concrete floor $350/Month Call 540-3284 or 541-5886
Help WantedWANTED : Family Advocate for Plymouth County. Position is based in Le Mars. 40 hours per week 52 weeks per year. WANTED : Cook’s Assistant for Le Mars Head Start/Early Head Start Center. 36.5 hours/week, Monday through Friday, September through May. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Marion Street, Remsen, IA 51050.
Recreation VehiclesFor Sale : 2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. Immaculate condition. VERY Low mileage. 712-540-1745
- Meyer honored by Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals
- The parlor, reimagined
- A step back in time
- Pitchfork joins business landscape
- Donlin announces plan to retire
- Ice Cream Days parade to take a new route
- MMCRU softball continues high-scoring trend
- Plymouth cyclists hope signs make for safer travels
- Exhibit features family’s love of art
- Municipal Band to open season