Ghosts, goblins to gather hereLE MARS — Calling all ghosts and goblins, it’s that time of year again for the Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce’s annual Trick or Treat on Main event. The free event, sponsored by the Main Street...
Reflecting on a century of serviceLE MARS — Created on the heels of World War I, the American Legion has dedicated its mission to veteran advocacy for decades. American Legion posts around the country started celebrating the...
A makeover waiting to happen(Sentinel Photo by Allen Hamil) The Le Mars Community School District’s Jim Lorenzen football field and track will close to the public beginning Monday, Oct. 22, as the stadium renovation project...
Musketeers, FVH name Hot ShotsLE MARS — The Sioux City Musketeers, in partnership with Floyd Valley Healthcare, announced a new program this summer called Hot Shots. This program was created with the goal of honoring FVH...
Rowe joins American BankLE MARS — Hunter Rowe has joined American Bank as a junior lender. Rowe’s duties include providing support to the agriculture and commercial lending departments along with learning and expanding his...
- Schipper offers burn ordinance reminders
- Luxembourg Heritage Society of Northwest Iowa display at Oktoberfest in Remsen (10/21/18)
- Registration nears for Siouxland Ag Lenders seminar (10/21/18)
- Gehlen, auxiliary partner for the Stamp for the Wounded project (10/20/18)
- Ornamental and turfgrass applicators course offered Nov. 7 (10/20/18)
- Gregg hits campaign trail: ‘Every vote counts’ (10/19/18)
- Odd/even parking goes into effect Nov. 1 (10/19/18)2
- As demands grow so to must department (10/19/18)
- Hillview cuts ribbon on playground (10/19/18)
- LCMS students move on to honor band (10/17/18)
- Program to address bullying (10/17/18)
- Local Republicans address IPERS claims by Democrats (10/17/18)
- The search is over - FVH names new administrator (10/16/18)
- McNaughtons receive 4-H Hall of Fame honor (10/16/18)
- Arens selected for Junior High Northwest Iowa Honor Band (10/16/18)
HMS pulls away late against JaysLE MARS — Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn scored three touchdowns in the final quarter to pull away for a 44-26 victory over Gehlen Catholic on Friday. The Jays held an early lead as Dylan Lehmann scored on a 43-yard rush four minutes into the game. Zach Kraft added a catch on the 2-point conversion to put the team in front 8-0...
Late comeback effort falls short for Le MarsDENISON — A pair of fourth quarter touchdowns from Le Mars made things interesting in the game’s final minutes against Denison-Schleswig, but the rally from the Bulldogs wasn’t enough as they fell 28-23 in their season finale. Le Mars trailed 28-10 entering the final quarter but got touchdown passes from Tate Westhoff to cut into the deficit. The first was on a 17-yard play where he connected with Ben Wadle with Wadle also tacking on the extra-point kick...
- RSM hands CC-E worst loss of season
- Westerners rout Royals before claiming playoff berth
- Hinton crowned district champions after win over South O’Brien
- WC-KP girls earn repeat trip to state
- Three local runners advance from Class 1A qualifier (10/19/18)
- Le Mars teams each fourth, but four individuals advance (10/19/18)
Herbert Carl Renken (10/19/18)Herbert C. Renken, 89, of Chandler, Arizona, died Friday, Oct. 12, 2018, at Gardens at Ocotillo in the presence of family and loved ones. “Herb” was born Aug. 14, 1929, in Le Mars, Plymouth County,...
Donald Freking (10/19/18)Donald Freking, 78, Topeka, Kansas, died Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018, at The House at Midland Care. Don was born Dec. 27, 1939, in Le Mars, the son of Joseph and Loretta Holton Freking. He earned a...
Edward Webb (10/17/18)Edward Vernon Webb, 81, of Le Mars, died Monday, Oct. 15, 2018, at Brentwood Good Samaritan Village in Le Mars after a lengthy battle with Alzheimer’s. Edward Vernon Webb was born Sept. 6, 1937, in...
Sandra Thillen (10/16/18)Sandra Thillen, 62, of Le Mars, lost her battle to cancer on Friday, Oct. 5, 2018, at the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in Storm Lake. Sandra Kay Thillen, the daughter of Bill and Joyce Puetz,...
MJS Den Childcare FT PositionWe are looking for reliable, caring, childcare passionate, Full time staff for our main center. Please call or email us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 712-947-0005 or 712-898-9171. Serious inquiries only. Background checks are mandatory...
Le Mars Apartments for RentNice 2 Bedroom upstairs apartment with balcony. Quiet complex. Some utilities paid. Garage. No pets. No smoking. Available Nov. 1 Laundry available. $625 Leave message 712- 546-7662
Area Apartments for RentDuplex for rent Merrill, Iowa. $700/Month No pets. No smoking. 540-0535
Help WantedLooking for vibrant, energetic , loving, caring person to join our team at Guardian Angel Preschool & Daycare. Early Childhood Education and or experience a plus. Send inquiries to Guardian Angel Preschool & Daycare 1391 1st St SE LeMars, IA 51031
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 2 BR house. Appliances furnished. No pets. No smoking. $700/Month 712-541-4324
Help WantedPart-Time Office Assistant Forrest Holdings Inc. is looking for a Part-Time Office Assistant in Le Mars. This person would be expected to work 2 days per week at minimum. Applicants should be able to type 40+ WPM, honest and very detailed. Experience with Quick-books, Excel and Word would be great! No office experience needed, we will train the right person. Flexible hours to deal with life's demands. Hourly pay will be subject to experience and performance! Please send cover letter/resume...
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor rent 2 or 3 BR apartment. Most utilities included. On site washer/dryer. 540-9996
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 3 BR house with attached garage. 540-9996
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR Apt in Le Mars. $650 Major appliances, garage, sewer, water included. No Pets 712-540-3077
AuctionsNovember 16, 2018 @ 10:00 am Approx. 120 Unimp. Acres Henry Township, Plymouth County, IA Sonja L. Smith & Mary E. Clair - Owners Brock Auction Co. Inc. 548-4634 brockauction.com
- The search is over - FVH names new administrator
- Gregg hits campaign trail: ‘Every vote counts’
- Local Republicans address IPERS claims by Democrats
- First responders tackle multi-vehicle accident
- New LCMS start time has been a success
- As demands grow so to must department
- Three local runners advance from Class 1A qualifier
- Program offers harsh reality of addiction
- McNaughtons receive 4-H Hall of Fame honor
- Final race before state qualifying takes place at South O’Brien