Leaving your handprint on Le MarsLE MARS — The third painting of an Alley Art series was recently completed and installed behind San Spa and Royal Theater. The series, featuring a peacock, flamingo, and parrot, were painted by adult...
A kickstart to a medical careerLE MARS — An interest in science for a Le Mars Community High School senior has given her opportunities to study. Megan Friederich was chosen to attend the Congress of Future Medical Leaders in...
The battle for District 3PLYMOUTH CO. — Voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, Nov. 12 to determine if it will be Republican candidate Jim Carlin or Democratic candidate Todd Wendt who will represent District 3 in the...
A teaching momentLE MARS — Le Mars Community Middle School eighth grade civics class students recently got a first-hand lesson on American history from veterans of American Legion Wasmer Post 241. The students, under...
A holiday salute to our county’s heroes(Sentinel Photo by Beverly Van Buskirk) Members of the Kiwanis Aktion Club, along with several Kiwanis members, gathered Thursday, Dec. 7, at Floyd Valley Hospital Conference Center to present...
- Trial set to begin Dec. 19
- Dog owners beware: new codes in place (12/11/17)
- Goodchild puts trail reps on their toes with questions (12/11/17)1
- Jay Bird Savings Bank teaches students how to plan, save for future (12/9/17)
- Remembering Westmar College (12/8/17)
- It’s all about the numbers (12/8/17)
- Come enjoy breakfast with Santa (12/8/17)
- Shelving issues to delay opening again (12/8/17)2
- County to seek legal action in ordinance violation (12/6/17)
- We Are Many. We Are One. (12/6/17)
- Pioneer Village ready for final weekend (12/6/17)
- 4-H’er restores nativity for museum (12/6/17)
- P’s Pizzahouse announces third eatery (12/5/17)
- A-W teacher named IBEA president (12/5/17)
- Warmth for the holidays (12/5/17)
- Le Mars Community bowling defeats MMCRU/RSMLE MARS — The Le Mars Community bowling teams each moved to 3-0 in duals this season, but MMCRU/RSM kept things interesting in the boys matchup as the Bulldogs held on for an 88 point win. The Bulldogs led by 156 after the first round, but the Baker Rotation games saw MMCRU/RSM cut the deficit. Still it wasn’t quite enough as Le Mars won 2,840-2,752...
Glenn Waite (12/11/17)Glenn Waite, 90, of Le Mars, died Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017, at his home in Le Mars. Glenn Holland Waite was born June 19, 1927 in Storm Lake, the son of Lee and Mabel Waite. He attended school in Storm...
Don Hughes (12/11/17)Don Hughes, 90, of Le Mars, died Friday, Dec. 8, 2017, at his home in Le Mars. Don David Hughes Sr. was born April 8, 1927, in Storm Lake, the son of Harvey and Arlyne (Morgan) Hughes. He attended...
Alex McVicker (12/8/17)Alex McVicker, 34 of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Alex Charles McVicker was born on March 22, 1983, to Thomas and Catherine (VanMaanen) McVicker. Alex...
Caleb Semple (12/7/17)Caleb Daniel Semple, 18, of Le Mars, died Friday, Dec. 1, 2017, following an auto accident near Rock Rapids. Caleb was born Dec. 2, 1998, in Sioux City, to David Edward and Paula Marie (Smith)...
Help WantedLooking for vibrant, energetic , loving, caring person to join our team at Guardian Angel Preschool & Daycare. Early Childhood Education and or experience a plus. Send inquiries to Guardian Angel Preschool & Daycare 1391 1st St SE LeMars, IA 51031
Le Mars Houses for RentFor Rent 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 3 car garage and storage. All appliances included. Lawn and snow removal included. NO pets - No smoking. Available Jan. 1st. Call 712-540-1111
Business ServicesHANDELECTRIC Electrician / Handyman. 30 years experience. Also custom wood working, furniture repair and refinishing. (712)541-6323 leave message.
AnnouncementsLeMars McDonalds Come Visit with Mr and Mrs Santa Claus on Saturday December 16, 2017 from 9:30 am to 1:00 PM Bring in a canned good item (anytime on 12/16) as a donation to the Rejoice Food Pantry and receive a free dessert!
For Sale4 Good Used Tires. Goodyear mud and snow. P205/75R15 $100. Call 712-541-6323. Leave message.
- P’s Pizzahouse announces third eatery
- Kurth to enter IHSBCA Hall of Fame at 50th anniversary celebration
- County to seek legal action in ordinance violation
- Remembering Westmar College
- Le Mars starts Lakes play with victory
- Shelving issues to delay opening again
- Teachers take to the sky
- Pioneer Village ready for final weekend
- Hawks survive physical matchup with Hinton
- Panthers pull away from West Monona in final quarter