McNaughtons receive 4-H Hall of Fame honorPLYMOUTH CO. — Brett and Hallie McNaughton, of rural Kingsley, are Plymouth County’s 2018 Iowa 4-H Hall of Fame inductees. The two were inducted during a ceremony at the 4-H Exhibits Building at the...
Arens selected for Junior High Northwest Iowa Honor BandLE MARS — Gehlen Catholic eighth grader, Addison Arens and percussionist, has been selected to participate in the 50th annual Northwest Iowa Band Directors Association (NWIBA) Junior High/Middle...
Remsen readies to celebrate 45th OktoberfestREMSEN — Roughly 1,400 people will visit Remsen, Saturday, Oct. 27, for the 45th annual Oktoberfest. Attendees will celebrate German and Luxembourgian traditions with a variety of events that...
Program offers harsh reality of addictionLE MARS — The Optimist Club of Le Mars lived up to its motto, “Friend of Youth,” with a Just Say No kickoff assembly at the Le Mars Community Middle School, Oct. 8. The crowd of 700 fourth, fifth and...
Plymouth County supports survivorsPLYMOUTH CO. — A 2017 Iowa summary for domestic violence from the National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) approximated that on any given day in 2017, 906 victims received services from Iowa...
- New LCMS start time has been a success
- LCS buys two new busses
- LCS board approves DLIIT team (10/15/18)
- Publications provide information on how to use pesticides safely (10/14/18)
- Produce Safety Alliance Grower trainings set (10/13/18)
- Plymouth County Fair Exhibitors’ Champion Photos on display (10/13/18)
- Absentee ballots now available for general election (10/12/18)
- Childhood passion reimagined (10/12/18)
- Celebrating a welcome addition at good Sam (10/12/18)
- Man struck during clean up of prior accident (10/11/18)
- First responders tackle multi-vehicle accident (10/10/18)
- LCS racks up Division I rating at state (10/10/18)
- Welcome to the Hall of Fame (10/10/18)
- Halloween festival will make for a spooky good time (10/10/18)
- Total donates golf cart to Fire-Rescue (10/10/18)
- Final race before state qualifying takes place at South O’BrienPAULLINA — A handful of northwest Iowa teams ran in their final tuneup on Monday before the state qualifying meets to be held on Thursday. Conditions were sunny, but cold and breezy with temperatures in the mid-40s at the Paullina Golf Course. The varsity girls field was a small one with just 21 runners completing the race and just two full teams. Lizzy Blum led Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley to a team win over the host with a winning time of 21:30.83...
WC-KP girls win back-to-back conference titlesHOLSTEIN — The WC-KP girls cross country team returned to their perch atop the Western Valley Conference as they won the conference meet on Saturday with a score of 21 points, well ahead of runner-up Ridge View who scored a 58. The top three teams remained the same from last year with Lawton-Bronson taking third...
Sandra Thillen (10/16/18)Sandra Thillen, 62, of Le Mars, lost her battle to cancer on Friday, Oct. 5, 2018, at the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in Storm Lake. Sandra Kay Thillen, the daughter of Bill and Joyce Puetz,...
David Horken (10/15/18)David Horken, 69, of Papillion, Nebraska, died Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018, following a brief illness. David Harold Horken was born March 11, 1949, in Grand Forks, North Dakota, the son of the late Harold...
Douglas 'Dusty' Clay (10/15/18)Douglas “Dusty” Clay, 76, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Douglas Wayne Clay was born July 31, 1942, in Broken Bow, Nebraska, the son of Gail and...
Lyle A. Schroeder (10/15/18)Lyle A. Schroeder, 83, of Remsen, formerly of Granville, died on Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018, at Orange City Area Health System in Orange City. Lyle Anthony Schroeder was born May 30, 1935, on a farm...
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor rent 2 or 3 BR apartment. Most utilities included. On site washer/dryer. 540-9996
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 3 BR house with attached garage. 540-9996
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR Apt in Le Mars. $650 Major appliances, garage, sewer, water included. No Pets 712-540-3077
AuctionsNovember 16, 2018 @ 10:00 am Approx. 120 Unimp. Acres Henry Township, Plymouth County, IA Sonja L. Smith & Mary E. Clair - Owners Brock Auction Co. Inc. 548-4634 brockauction.com
Le Mars RummagesHuge Rummage Sale: Friday October 19, 2018 1 PM to 6 PM, Saturday October 20, 2018 8 AM to 1 PM. Brand name clothes women's XS-1X, jewelry, household & Kitchen items, TV'S, WII, WII FITT, WII Rock Hero, Subs, Amp, Pioneer Touch Screen, Microwave, pizza oven, golf clubs, antiques, lots of Mickey Mouse Items, Porcelain Doll, area rugs, rocking reindeer with sleigh, drink fountain and much more. 13385 Hwy 75, Le Mars, 3 1/2 Miles North Of Fedders Marine on Hwy 75.
AuctionsNovember 9, 2018 @ 10 AM Approx. 77 Acres Land Auction Perry Township, Plymouth County, Iowa. Donald Petzoldt Estate Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
AuctionsNovember 9 & 10, 2018 Huge Estate Toy Auction. Plymouth County Fair Grounds. Doug Wiederholdt Estate- Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
Le Mars Rummages“Great Garage and Bake Sale” is here! Plymouth County Historical Museum Gym, 335 1st Ave. SW, Le Mars. 5-8 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 18, $5 admission; Free on Friday, Oct. 19, 9-6 p.m., and Saturday, Oct. 20, 9-noon. Everything from furniture to tiny treasures. Help support your Museum!
Help WantedWANTED: Training Specialist for Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Inc. Child Care Resource & Referral. 40 hours per week. Eligible for benefits including IPERS. Position is based in Remsen. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Le Mars Rummages413 Lombardi Road Thursday October 18, 2018 8 AM to 6 PM, Friday October 19, 2018 8 AM to 6 PM & Saturday October 20, 2018 8 AM to 4 PM Furniture, Clothing, Decor, Fabric, Craft Items and Collectibles.
- First responders tackle multi-vehicle accident
- Welcome to the Hall of Fame
- Man struck during clean up of prior accident
- RSM ties game in waning seconds, earns overtime win
- Two is better than one: Bulldogs sweep Lakes XC championships
- Childhood passion reimagined
- Work begins on Olson Cultural Event Center
- Warnings were given
- And the winning streak continues
- Celebrating a welcome addition at good Sam