Municipal Band to feature ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ medleyLE MARS — The Le Mars Municipal Band will present its second concert of the summer at 8 p.m., Wednesday, June 19, at Foster Park. Admission is free. Concert-goers are encouraged to bring their lawn...
Hometown boy leaves lasting impressionLE MARS — A picture perfect postcard. That is what Le Mars native, Mitchell Zenk, has created to pay homage to his hometown. Zenk was selected from several local artists to be the individual to...
Visitor Center reopens in grand styleLE MARS — The grand opening of the Wells Visitor Center and Ice Cream Parlor Wednesday brought a large crowd to see the new look — the reimagined look — at the business. Wells CEO Mike Wells and Gov....
Alumni reunite for another ‘one more time’LE MARS — It’s been five years since they’ve been together, but on Thursday, The Noteables, Le Mars Community High School alumni musicians, band directors and friends will perform at the Primebank...
A celebration 150 years in the makingLE MARS — How does one celebrate 150 years? Well someone doesn’t have to look any further than Le Mars to see how such a celebration will intermingle family fun from today and yesteryears. “This will...
- L&C Center announces two kids’ activities (6/15/19)
- Floyd Valley Foundation’s golf tournament raises more than $24,000 (6/15/19)
- Le Mars earns a hefty honor (6/14/19)
- Bid awarded for parking lot project (6/12/19)
- Window clings reflect Le Mars history (6/12/19)
- Building incurs many changes (6/11/19)
- Hot off the press (6/11/19)
- Brock Auction donates to local nonprofits (6/11/19)
- Stood the test of time (6/10/19)
- Drive-in event reflects piece of Le Mars’ history (6/10/19)
- Municipal Band is ready to open summer series (6/10/19)
- Last-Dollar Scholarship available to WITCC students (6/9/19)
- Danish musicians to headline on June 16 (6/9/19)
- Le Mars Rotary Club awards 15 scholarships (6/8/19)
- Canning workshop offered by county extension (6/8/19)
- Sentinel Player of the Week- June 14, 2019Sentinel Player of the Week: Brittany Johnson, Remsen St. Mary’s 1-for-2, SB vs. MMCRU 3-for-3, 2-2B, 2 R, 3 RBI vs. Whiting 2-for-4, 2B, 2 R, 1 RBI vs. Storm Lake 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI vs. South O’Brien 1-for-2, BB, 1 R vs. Hinton Remsen St. Mary’s Brittany Johnson has had a solid week at the plate for the Hawks going 9-of-15 with 6 RBI. ...
A-W baseball gets biggest win of the seasonAKRON — The Akron-Westfield baseball team topped Unity Christian 12-0 in five innings Wednesday for their largest margin of victory this season. The Westerners got out to a 3-0 lead in the first as they chased starter Dylan Liston from the game before he recorded an out as he walked three and had runs score on errors as just one of the runs against him was earned...
- Jays stumble at West Sioux (6/14/19)
- Le Mars baseball beats Wolfpack, softball falls on walk-off (6/14/19)
- Hinton baseball stays perfect with win over RSM (6/14/19)
- MMCRU softball tops Kingsley-Pierson (6/13/19)
- Harpenau throws shutout against West Sioux (6/13/19)
- Le Mars Stars 10U win Spencer Slugfest (6/12/19)
Rita M. Ostert (6/11/19)Rita Ostert, 93, of Le Mars, died Friday, June 7, 2019, at Happy Siesta Health Care Center in Remsen. Rita Marie Cronin was born Nov. 9, 1925, on the family farm, rural Oyens, to Jeremiah W. and...
Wendell Oltmanns (6/10/19)Wendell Oltmanns, 85, of Craig, died Saturday, June 8, 2019, at his home near Craig surrounded by his family. Wendell John Oltmanns was born Jan. 24, 1934, on farm near Struble, the son of John Henry...
Phyllis M. Hanson (6/10/19)Phyllis M. Hanson, 87, of Merrill, died Thursday, June 6, 2019, at the Good Samaritan Society in Le Mars. Phyllis Mary Lanegan was born Dec. 27, 1931, in Anthon, the daughter of John and Rachel...
Rita Ostert (6/10/19)Rita Ostert, 93, of Le Mars, died Friday, June 7, 2019, at Happy Siesta Health Care Center in Remsen. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:30 a.m., Thursday, at All Saints Catholic Parish – St....
Help WantedThe City of Le Mars is seeking someone to enter into a contract agreement to provide animal control services for the City. The contract will be require 24 hour service, seven days a week. The Contracted Animal Control will be responsible for providing a vehicle, kennel and dog catching supplies and liability insurance for animal control duties. Pay for this contract is $500.00 per month. Interested parties need to submit a letter of interest to the Chief of Police no later than June 28,...
Mobile Home RentalFor sale or Rent small 2 bedroom trailer Armel Acres 712-541-0067
Help WantedVan's Sanitation has a full-time baler position available. Job duties include , but not limited to, baling various products and sorting of recyclable materials. Must be a detail-oriented,motivated person who works well both individually and as a team. CDL helpful, but not required. Please stop by office at 1553 18th St. SW Le Mars to apply or call 712-548-4644
AuctionsJuly 8, 2019 @ 10:00 AM Unimproved 80 Acres of Good Quality Farmland Garfield Township, Plymouth County, IA. Located 1 Mile East of Kingsley, IA Section 28 Thomas Schuldt Estate-Owner. Brock Auction Co., Inc. 548-4634 brockauction.com
Help WantedLooking for a vibrant, energetic, loving and caring person to join our team at Guardian Angel, in the Toddler room. 35-40 hours per week. Early childhood Education and or experience is preferred. Send resume or pick up application at Guardian Angel Preschool Daycare, 1391 1st St. SE Le Mars Iowa.
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR apartment . Appliances Furnished. Garage. $650 Month 540-3077
AuctionsSaturday June 22, 2019 12:30 PM Household Auction Highend Furniture, Washer/Dryer; 55'TV, Fishing/Camping Equipment, Yard Tools & More. 1728 S. Rustin St. Sioux City, Iowa Fred Thomas-Owner Stabe Realty & Auction Randy 712-540-9640
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 Bedroom upstairs apartment. Appliances furnished. Laundry on site. No smoking. No pets. Deposit required. Available July 1st. $500/Month. Call 712-540-3442
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Openings for 2019-2020: Bus Drivers - regular routes/substitutes, 20.52/hr starting pay If interested in the above positions, apply on-line at: www.lemars.k12.ia.us Bus driver positions require CDL, school bus passenger endorsement, pre-employment drug screening, and DOT physical. District will reimburse for all fees to obtain these requirements, including pre-employment drug screening upon successful result. Bus driver questions can be directed to Codie Kellen,...
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 BR BASEMENT apartment, includes washer/dryer. $550 Month. No pets. No smoking. 235 Central Ave SW 548-4700
- Hometown boy leaves lasting impression
- Alumni reunite for another ‘one more time’
- Drive-in event reflects piece of Le Mars’ history
- Last-Dollar Scholarship available to WITCC students
- Adler exudes Le Mars’ pride
- Building incurs many changes
- A celebration 150 years in the making
- Stood the test of time
- Municipal Band is ready to open summer series
- Visitor Center reopens in grand style