Plymouth County Fair exhibitors’ champion photos on displayPLYMOUTH CO. — Plymouth County Farm Bureau is pleased to present the Champion Photo display of 4-H and FFA exhibitors from the 2019 Plymouth County Fair. The display which features 100 photos will...
Week raises awareness on childhood lead poisoningDES MOINES — The week of Oct. 20-26 is National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week. Lead poisoning is a significant health concern for young children. Lead harms a child’s nervous system and is...
Farm and Agribusiness Succession workshop to be held Nov. 21 in Le MarsLE MARS — Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will host a Farm and Agribusiness Succession workshop from 5-9 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 21, at the ISU Extension and Outreach office located at the...
October 20-26 marks National Teen Driver Safety WeekDES MOINES — This week and every week, parents should have conversations with their teens about the important rules they need to follow to stay safe behind the wheel. These rules address the greatest...
Gehlen crowns Logan, Peters(Sentinel Photo by Kim Fickett) Sydney Logan and Ethan Peters were crowned the 2019 Gehlen Catholic homecoming queen and king during coronation ceremonies held Friday afternoon.
- Survivor asks public to take a STAND (10/18/19)
- It's time to go racing (10/18/19)
- Development request gets nod from council (10/18/19)
- Absentee ballots are now available (10/17/19)
- New law requires new buses to have child restraints (10/16/19)
- 4-H gets nod from the governor (10/16/19)
- Council OKs portion of no parking request (10/16/19)
- Good Samaritan to hold annual service project (10/16/19)
- Quite an impact (10/15/19)
- Total fights to bring awareness to breast cancer (10/15/19)
- Battling domestic violence in Le Mars (10/15/19)
- RR crossing to be closed (10/11/19)
- 'The One Where It's Homecoming' (10/11/19)
- No paper Monday (10/11/19)
- 4-H club earns governor’s honor (10/11/19)
- Bulldogs have solid day as host of MRAC cross country meetBRUNSVILLE — The Missouri River Activities Conference let newest member Le Mars Community host the league’s conference meet Thursday at Prairie Rose Golf Club. It is the first time since 2011 that the MRAC meet hasn’t been held at Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs...
Lady Jays get another sweep with win over HintonHINTON — The Gehlen Catholic volleyball team appears to be peaking as the regular season winds down and regional play gets set to begin. The Class 1A No. 5 ranked Lady Jays swept Hinton on Tuesday in War Eagle Conference action for their eighth consecutive win and their sixth consecutive match which went the minimum number of sets...
- Le Mars, MMCRU, A-W all earn conference sweeps (10/18/19)
- Panthers keep MVAOCOU out of win column with sweep (10/16/19)
- Sentinel Player of the Week- October 16, 2019 (10/16/19)
- Gehlen claims War Eagle Conference cross country title (10/16/19)
- MMCRU’s Goth leads local runners at War Eagle Conference meet (10/16/19)
- WC-KP girls win title at OABCIG (10/16/19)
Catherine M. Den Hartog (10/18/19)Catherine M. Den Hartog, 92, of Le Mars, died Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars. A Celebration of Life Service will be at 1 p.m., Tuesday, at the Le Mars Bible Church....
Pearl M. Driscoll (10/18/19)Pearl M. Driscoll, 96, of Le Mars, died Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, at her home following a brief illness. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:30 a.m., Monday, at All Saints Catholic Parish St....
Orville Durr (10/18/19)Orville Durr, 78, of Le Mars, died Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, at his home in Le Mars. Funeral Service will be at 10:30 a.m., Monday, at Rexwinkel Funeral Home in Le Mars. Burial will follow at...
Byron Epling (10/18/19)Byron Epling, 63, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019, at MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center in Sioux City. Private family services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are with the...
AuctionsNovember 22, 2019 @ 10AM Approx. 277 Acres M/L Farmland Auction! Primebank 37 1st Ave NW Le Mars, IA Lorraine Ruden Irrevocable Trust-Owner Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
AuctionsNovember 2, 2019 @ 11 AM: Tools & Woodworking Equipment Auction! 2851 Valley Drive Sioux City, Iowa Mark Hahn-Owner. Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Bus Drivers - regular routes/substitutes, 20.52/hr starting pay If interested in the above positions, apply on-line at:www.lemarscsd.org Bus driver positions require CDL, school bus passenger endorsement, pre-employment drug screening, and DOT physical. District will reimburse for all fees to obtain these requirements, including pre-employment drug screening upon successful result. Bus driver questions can be directed to Codie Kellen, Transportation Director...
AuctionsESTATE AUCTION Nov. 2nd Home sells @ 10:30AM Contents sell @ 12:00 Noon Contents auction @ 307 Lincoln St, Merrill Watch for details Stabe Realty & Auction Randy 712-540-9640
Le Mars Houses for RentHouse for Rent: Utilities not included. Call 712-548-6445
For RentQuonset Building for lease:1877 Lincoln Street SW Located in the Industrial area South edge of Le Mars. 24'x36' concrete floor $400/Month Call 540-3284 or 541-5886
FreebiesTo give away Outdoor Christmas Lights (Blanket), Cement Figurines 546-5917
Help WantedBaymont Inn & Suites Le Mars is now accepting applications for part time housekeeping & front desk staff. Hours available are weekdays and weekends with a flexible schedule. Apply in person at Baymont Inn & Suites Le Mars, 1314 12th Street SW. EOE.
PRIVATE FARM AUCTIONPrivate Farm Auction of approximately 500 acres of prime Plymouth County Farmland Farm #1: NE¼ EXCEPT the NW¼ of the NE¼, 4-91-45 (Stanton Township) Farm #2: NW¼ EXCEPT the NW¼ of the NW¼, 15-91-44 (Union Township) Farm #3: N½ of the NE¼,...
AuctionsNovember 8, 2019: Approx. 300 Acres Improved Farmland, Pastureland & Acreage Auction Merrill Community Center 608 Main St., Merrill, Iowa 51038 William K. Klinker Referee Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
- Quite an impact
- Gehlen crowns Logan, Peters
- 'The One Where It's Homecoming'
- Battling domestic violence in Le Mars
- Council OKs portion of no parking request
- Freking makes most of opportunity at Iowa Central
- Survivor asks public to take a STAND
- It's time to go racing
- New law requires new buses to have child restraints
- Gehlen upsets No. 6 South O’Brien to stay perfect in district