Pioneer Village Christmas returnsPLYMOUTH CO. — The Pioneer Village Christmas Wonderland will be open this Christmas season for visitors on two weekends, Dec. 4-5 and Dec. 11-12. The wonderland is open from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., each...
Man charged for fatal 2020 motorhome accidentPLYMOUTH CO. — An Ireton man has been arrested on charges stemming from a vehicle crash that resulted in a fatality. Chad Vlotho, 51, of Ireton, was arrested about 10 a.m., Wednesday Nov. 24, on a...
Museum to feature nativities, musicLE MARS — Several hundred Christmas nativities and villages will once again fill the Study Hall of the Plymouth County Historical Museum in Le Mars. This is the 12th year for the exhibit, which will...
Comedy to welcome guests back to Postal PlayhouseLE MARS — The Le Mars Community Theater brings its cast back to the Postal Playhouse as it gets ready for the production of “’Til Beth Do Us Part.” The curtain goes up on Friday, Dec. 3, and runs...
Informational meeting for carbon pipeline to be heldPLYMOUTH CO. — An informational meeting for county landowners about a proposed large-scale carbon capture pipeline will be held at the Le Mars Convention Center, 275 12th St. S.E., Le Mars, at 6:30...
Kingsley-Pierson opens new gymnasiumKINGSLEY — After a few extra months of waiting, Kingsley-Pierson was finally able to reveal their new gymnasium to a crowd of spectators on Monday as the girls basketball team hosted the first...
Rural Route Ramble highlights shop smallLE MARS/KINGSLEY — Several shops from two Plymouth County communities are taking part in the second annual Rural Route Ramble, a self-guided shop hop event located in rural Siouxland on Dec. 3 and 4....
Library hosts Schaap Saturday1LE MARS — The Le Mars Public Library will host “Stories of Christmas Joy” with Dr. James C. Schaap on Saturday, Nov. 27, at 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. The library is pleased to host Schaap as he shares...
Pride Group breaks ground on residential care facilitiesLE MARS — The Pride Group has announced plans to construct two new buildings for community-based services in Le Mars. Ground-breaking for the new facilities was held Nov. 19 at 248 14th Ave. N.E.,...
Total Motors purchases Holstein dealershipHOLSTEIN — Total Motors of Le Mars and Orange City, announces their purchase of the dealership franchise Vollmar Motors Chevrolet and Buick in Holstein. Total Motors is a family owned and operated...
- Van Noort pleads guilty to arson, is sentenced (11/24/21)
- Phonothon continues to help Life Skills Training Center (11/24/21)
- No injuries, citations in anhydrous tank rollover (11/23/21)
- FVH gives update on COVID-19 vaccine boosters (11/23/21)
- Street construction announced (11/22/21)
- Turkey time at Rejoice! (11/22/21)
- Chamber bowling fundraiser returns (11/22/21)
- Holiday closings set (11/22/21)
- Arts Center receives $5,000 grant (11/22/21)
- Auxiliary plans another ‘Bakeless’ Bake Sale (11/22/21)
- Hy-Vee offering free COVID-19 booster vaccines to all individuals 18 and older (11/21/21)
- Hunter rescued from Big Sioux River (11/21/21)
- Christmas Acres celebrates 25th year (11/19/21)
- LCS, A-W reveal enrollment numbers (11/19/21)
- City makes counter-offer to employee group (11/19/21)
- Hinton volleyball 2021 recapThe Hinton volleyball team went 20-8 overall on the season and finished with an 8-2 record in War Eagle Conference play. The team swept West Monona in the regional quarterfinal before falling to eventual state runner-up Western Christian 3-0 in the regional semifinal. Hinton graduates seniors Emily Small, Bella Badar, Anna Coffee, Bailey Ard and Sarah Schoenrock...
- Hinton football 2021 recapThe Hinton football team finished with a 1-7 overall record in 2021 and 1-5 record in district play. Team statistics Individual statistics Passing (comp-att, yards, td, int) Glen Carlson 46-120, 734 yards, 7 TDs, 4 INTs Gabe Anderson 25-54, 492 yards, 6 TDs, 7 INTs...
- Akron-Westfield 2021 volleyball season recap (11/26/21)
- Akron-Westfield 2021 football season recap (11/26/21)
- Top-ranked Unity Christian too much for Lady Jays to handle (11/25/21)
- IGCA 2021 Volleyball All-State (11/24/21)
- 2021 Class A District 1 All-District Football Team (11/24/21)
- 2021 Class 4A District 1 All-District Football Team (11/24/21)
Jeanette Schuetz (11/26/21)Jeanette Louise Schuetz, 78, of Marcus, died Monday, Nov. 22, 2021, at her home. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 27, at Faith Lutheran Church in Marcus. Rev. Alan...
Roxanne Powell (11/26/21)Roxanne Powell, 50, of Tea, South Dakota, died Saturday, Nov. 20, 2021, at Avera McKennan Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, following a lengthy illness. Roxanne Michelle Borchers was born Nov....
John M. Hart (11/26/21)John M. Hart, 97, of Le Mars, died Monday, Nov. 22, 2021, at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. John Michael Hart was born on June 13, 1924, in Le Mars, to John E. and Claudine (Auer) Hart. He...
Richard ‘Rich’ Schuetz (11/24/21)Richard “Rich” Schuetz, 59, of Remsen, died unexpectedly on Saturday, Nov. 20, 2021, at his home in Remsen. Private Funeral will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 24, at Fisch Funeral Home & Monument in...
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Full-time Custodian 8 hrs/day, $17.47/hr, 12 month contract, health insurance and IPERS Must be willing to be a substitute bus driver; district will pay for training and certification. If interested, apply online at www.lemarscsd.org Open until filled. EOE
Help WantedAutomated Production is looking for an Ag Product Support Specialist located in Sioux City, Iowa will be responsible for assisting the AP dealer network and personnel with technical support help by telephone. This role would also require the occasional travel to job sites to assist in installation, site commissioning, and addressing product issues. This position will involve supporting all of the AP products including heating, ventilation, feeding, and cooling systems used in swine...
Le Mars Apartments for RentRecently remodeled apartment. Renter pays electric. Rent and Deposit due at signing. No pets. No smoking. References required. 540-0848
Le Mars Houses for RentNewly remodeled 3 Bedroom 2 Bath. Stove, Refrigerator, Washer/Dryer and Dishwasher. No pets. No smoking. No garage. 546-4087
AnnouncementsWINTER MOTOR COACH TOUR TO TEXAS ! Join Paul and Elaine De Jong on their “Texas Coastal Winter Escape”. February 17-27, 2022. Call Elaine for details and pricing! Early bookings get a discount! Call 712-395-0105 or 712-707-9090. Departs from Orange City, Le Mars, Sioux City.
AuctionsHigh Quality Land, Henry Township, Plymouth County, 151.33 Acres M/L LIVE/Internet Land Auction; Friday, December 3, 2021, Sale Time: 10:30AM; Auction to be held at the site. In case of inclement weather the auction will be held at the American Bank. Mrs. Melvin (Jeanette) Koch Estate, Owner Executors: Dave Koch, Gene Koch Auctioneer: Jim Klein @ Klein Realty & Auction Co. and Iowa Auction Group
AnnouncementsFirst American Pickers , new antique store in Remsen, now open. Buying and selling gold, silver, antiques, and jewelry. Also buying collections and estates. 505-319-0109.
Le Mars Houses for Rent2BR/2BA Large Duplex w/ an upstairs Includes Stove, Fridge, washer, dryer, 2 stall attached garage, snow & grass removal. Rent/Deposit No Pets/No Smoking Taking applications. Call 712-540-3223 between 8am & 8pm
AntiquesBuying antiques, estates - collectibles jewelry, gold & silver small items. I pay fair prices. Iowa Pickers since 1967 Jim Welden 712-501-9202 Akron
Help WantedDrivers wanted over the road. Healthcare. Paid vacation and holidays. 712-943-2030
- Turkey time at Rejoice!
- Parade returns to light up Le Mars
- Pride Group breaks ground on residential care facilities
- Van Noort pleads guilty to arson, is sentenced
- Total Motors purchases Holstein dealership
- No injuries, citations in anhydrous tank rollover
- Informational meeting for carbon pipeline to be held
- Kingsley-Pierson opens new gymnasium
- Hunter rescued from Big Sioux River
- Comedy to welcome guests back to Postal Playhouse