Fish Fry returnsLE MARS — The start of Lent is right around the corner and that means the return of the Knights of Columbus - Le Mars fish fry. Ash Wednesday, Feb. 26, will kick off this year’s community dinners...
LCS sends five groups to All-State speech SaturdayLE MARS — Le Mars Community High School will send five Large Group Speech entries to the Iowa All-State Large Group Speech Festival, with two of the groups performing on Saturday, Feb. 22. The five...
Assault call turns into search by CERT, LPD, fireLE MARS — A call about a domestic assault at 5:33 p.m., Wednesday, turned into a search for the suspect that ended at about 10 p.m. According to a Le Mars Police Department press release, officers...
Council addresses safety issues at 18th, Business 75LE MARS — Traffic and turning at the 18th Street Southwest and Highway 75 intersection was a topic of discussion at Tuesday’s city council meeting. Council member Rex Knapp said he was still getting...
Murder on the Orient ExpressLE MARS — Get your ticket punched for a train ride in the snow as the Le Mars Community Theatre presents, “Murder on the Orient Express” beginning Friday, Feb. 21. The Agatha Christie novel, adapted...
Lady Bulldogs move on to state(Sentinel Photo by Allen Hamil) The Le Mars Community girls bowling team earned their sixth consecutive trip to the state tournament by shooting the top score of 2,830 at the state qualifying meet...
Junior Deputy on DutyLE MARS — Last Wednesday, the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Office swore in the newest member of their department. Gehlen Catholic first grader Boston Kneip took the oath and became the department’s...
Council approves engineering agreement for new sewer lineLE MARS — A third amendment for engineering services for the Water System Improvements project was on the city council agenda Feb. 4. The amendment included the design and construction of a sanitary...
Actions of some museum board members raise concernsPLYMOUTH CO. — Several Plymouth County Historical Museum volunteers attended the museum board’s Feb. 11 meeting to voice their concerns about the conduct of some of the board members. During the open...
Dean Foods enters into purchase agreementDALLAS, Texas — The Le Mars facility of the Dean Foods Company is amongst the list of entities which are a part of an asset purchase agreement. On Monday, Dean Foods Company announced it and certain...
- Men’s health matters: Five tips to maintain overall wellbeing (2/16/20)
- Praise Band Fest to be held Sunday (2/15/20)
- UMCL holds Noisy Money K4C mission project (2/15/20)
- Annual water report presented (2/14/20)
- Let the RAGBRAI planning begin (2/14/20)
- V-Day through the years (2/14/20)
- Board reviews budget timeline (2/14/20)
- Morel and oyster mushroom workshop set (2/14/20)
- Chamber sponsors Trivia Night event (2/12/20)
- LCS students exhibit in Sioux City (2/12/20)
- Council approves subcontractors for wellness center (2/12/20)
- ICD’s vendor event to move downtown (2/11/20)
- Sentinel captures two INA awards (2/11/20)
- City fireworks may not be held on Fourth of July (2/11/20)2
- Northwest Bank to close highway location (2/10/20)
- Sentinel Player of the Week- February 21, 2020Sentinel Player of the Week Lauren Heying, Gehlen Catholic 24 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks vs. G-LR 19 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals vs. SLSM Gehlen’s Lauren Heying has found her groove once again and it’s come at the right time for the Jays as she’s led the team in scoring in each of their first two regional games. ...
- Smith secures consolation winDES MOINES — Akron-Westfield’s Logan Smith kept his season alive one more day after a consolation win on Thursday. He opened the tournament against the No. 5 seed in 1A-220, Blake Haub of Ogden who entered with a 37-3 record. Haub took a 2-0 lead after a period and added three points in the second with an escape and takedown. In the third, Haub scored another takedown before Smith got his only points of the match on an escape. The Ogden senior closed the bout with another takedown to win 9-1...
Arlys Orban (2/21/20)Arlys Orban, 95, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars, in Le Mars. Arlys Jean Siefke was born on Nov. 11, 1924, to Albert and Eleanor (Rolling) Siefke in...
Arlene Klemme (2/21/20)Arlene LaVonne Klemme, 80, of Akron, died Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020, at her home in rural Akron. Memorial service will be at 2 p.m., Saturday, at Rexwinkel-Schroeder Funeral Home in Akron. The Rev....
Guy L. Clark (2/21/20)Guy L. Clark, 59, of Sioux City, died Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020, at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, due to complications from a stroke. Guy Lee Clark, the son of Alvine and Mabel...
Marlys Harms (2/19/20)Marlys Harms, 85, of Le Mars, died Monday, Feb. 17, 2020, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars, Le Mars. Marlys Jean Harms was born Dec. 3, 1934, in Le Mars, the daughter of Henry and Minnie...
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Skilled Maintenance. Assistant to the Director of Maintenance, 45 hrs/wk, $19.27/hr. starting pay, $945/mo toward health insurance, IPERS. The successful candidate will have a mechanical aptitude and skills in the trades. Must have a CDL or be willing to obtain (paid by district) Open until filled. If interested, apply online at www.lemarscsd.org EOE
AuctionsSat., February 29th @ 10:00 AM Impound Vehicle Auction 100+ vehicles, Trailers, New lumber & misc. 1585 Gateway Dr., S.S.C., NE (By Atokad) Stockton Towing – Seller STABE AUCTION 712-540-9640
AuctionsOnline Only Auction 2-20-20 Bidding Opens, Bidding Closes 3-1-20 Car, Lg. Supply of Shop Tools & Household Goods Ron Ernst Estate, Owner, 615 7th Street SE, LeMars, IA Open house, 2-27-20 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. Klein Realty & Iowa Auction Group Jim Klein & Del Beyer, Coordinators
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 bedroom ground floor downtown apartment. Appliances furnished. Laundry on site. Available March 1. $650 per month includes All utilities. Security deposit. No pets. No smoking. 712-540-3442
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 2 BR House at 704 1st St SE Stove, Refrigerator, Lawn Care And Snow Removal Included. No smoking. No Pets. 540-8510
For SalePAYING CA$H for Junk / Salvage cars, trucks, and vans. Free Towing. Fast Pick-up. Open 24/7 712-899-1865
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 bedroom, large living room, new floors, window covering, appliances, drive up to door. Garage. Now nicer. Now available. $775.00 712-546-5042
For SaleFor Sale: Snowblower & lawn mower, sofa, love seat, chair with ottoman, electric fireplace/cabinet, rocking chair, other furniture. Call 540-7396 if interested. Leave message if unavailable.
Help WantedThe City of Kingsley , Iowa is accepting applications for the Kingsley Police Department. We are accepting applications for a Full-Time and Part-Time Officers. Applications may be received from the Kingsley City Hall 222 Main Street. Application deadline is end of business day February 24th. Any questions may be forwarded to Mike Sparr 712-541-1046
AuctionsMarch 9, 2020 @ 10:00 am: Approx. 964 Acres M/L of SD Pheasant Hunting & Ranch Land Auction! Sale Held at 1500 Shoreline Dr., Oacoma, SD 57365. David Martin & John Behrendt - Owners Brock Auction Co. Inc. 712-548-4634 brockauction.com
- Dean Foods enters into purchase agreement
- Actions of some museum board members raise concerns
- Let the RAGBRAI planning begin
- Praise Band Fest to be held Sunday
- Bulldogs send five wrestlers to state tournament
- Council addresses safety issues at 18th, Business 75
- Annual water report presented
- Junior Deputy on Duty
- Morel and oyster mushroom workshop set
- Sentinel Player of the Week- February 14, 2020