LCS Board talks COVID relief dollarsLE MARS — The Le Mars Community School District Board of Education met in special session Friday, Feb. 26, to address two items related to the money the district is receiving from the Elementary And...
Arts Center keeps kids active on early out daysLE MARS — Students attending the Le Mars Arts Center’s “Early Outs at the Arts Center” on Feb. 10, had the opportunity to experiment with alcohol ink as one of three projects during the afternoon....
AmeriCorp, county conservation team upHINTON — An AmeriCorps member is serving with the Plymouth County Conservation and heading a program for youth at Hillview Park, west of Hinton on County Road C-60. Madalyn Hewitt has been with...
Public Facilities reports a busy 2020LE MARS — Le Mars Public Facilities Supervisor Brad Eppling reported 2020 was a busy year for his staff. Eppling gave his annual report to the Le Mars City Council on Feb. 2, with a shout out to...
Council sets March 16 for budget hearingLE MARS — The Le Mars City Council is one step closer to having a finalized FY 2021-2022 budget. In reviewing a recap of the budget, the proposed budget for FY ‘22 uses a levy rate of $11.90. The...
Certified Handlers Course set for March 10LE MARS — Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Plymouth County will host a Certified Handlers Continuing Instruction Course (CIC) for commercial pesticide applicators Wednesday, March 10. The...
Plymouth County to receive Johnson and Johnson vaccinesDES MOINES — The state of Iowa will reach a milestone this week, with over 100,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine being distributed statewide. In addition to the Moderna and Pfizer allocations, Iowa will...
A lasting legacy1PLYMOUTH CO. — His is the voice sports fans listen to for play-by-play action on game nights. His is the voice that tells KLEM listeners “good morning” at 6 a.m., weekdays. However now after nearly...
Boutique moves onLE MARS — The Le Mars competition for the State of Iowa Main Street Open 4 Business contest, held Feb. 10 has named Sugar-N-Spice as the local winner. The Le Mars Area Chamber of Commerce Main Street...
Bergman takes the lead at Akron Fire-RescueAKRON — The community of Akron has a new fire chief. Ryan Bergman has been chosen to fill the position vacated by Shane Coyle, who has stepped back from the job but remains on the squad. Bergman was...
- MidAmerican taking steps to ease customer financial impacts from February heating (2/26/21)
- End of an Era (2/26/21)
- Supervisors OK reno timeline (2/26/21)
- Gehlen Ball to begin festivities (2/26/21)
- Ready or not, here we come (2/25/21)
- Reynolds announces launch of new website (2/25/21)
- Applications open for Future Ready Iowa Summer Youth Internship Pilot Program Grant (2/25/21)
- Le Mars Bible Church to host Women’s Conference (2/25/21)
- LCS advances seven teams to All-State Speech (2/24/21)
- Dreckman honored as Boss of the Quarter (2/24/21)
- Council adopts new employee handbook (2/24/21)
- Sealed bids to be sought for Pride Group building (2/23/21)
- Bogenrief named 2020 Driver of the Year (2/23/21)
- Jeneary plans town hall stops (2/23/21)
- Entries sought for IC Days (2/22/21)
- Hinton 2020-21 wrestling recapThe Hinton wrestling team finished the season with a 8-15 record in dual matches this season. Derek Anderson (220) represented the Blackhawks at the Class 1A state wrestling tournament. Anderson went on to take runner-up in his division. The Blackhawks were led by Head Coach Casey Crawford and assistant coaches Marc Wermersen, Jan George and Woody Skuodas...
- Hinton 2020-21 boys basketball team recapThe Hinton boys basketball team finished with a record of 10-13 on the season and were 3-7 in War Eagle Conference play. The team was led by Head Coach John Spies and assistant coaches Nate Nelson, Greg Conry, Cory Kempema and Justin Mohning. The Blackhawks graduate Jacob Means, Tate Linton, Desmond Riley and Nick Batcheller from this year’s team...
- Hinton 2020-21 girls basketball team recap
- RSM knocks off Gehlen for fifth straight state appearance (2/27/21)
- Le Mars eliminated from postseason by SB-L (2/26/21)
- Vanderloo medals at state bowling (2/26/21)
- Kingsley-Pierson returns to state for first time since 2017 (2/25/21)
- MMCRU advances to state for first time in program history (2/25/21)
Wilmer ‘Bud’ Vreeman (3/3/21)Wilmer D. “Bud” Vreeman, 91, of Ireton, died Sunday, Feb. 28, 2021, at Sanford USD Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Bud Vreeman was born to Dick and Marie (Roskamp) Vreeman on May 1,...
Judith E. Holmberg (3/3/21)Judith E. Holmberg, 70, of Lawton, formerly of Le Mars, died Monday, March 1, 2021, at UnityPoint Health in Sioux City. Judith Elizabeth Holmberg was born on June 3, 1950, in Adrian, Minnesota, the...
Casey Stengel (3/1/21)Casey Stengel, 85, died peacefully at home in Le Mars, on Friday, Feb. 26, 2021, with his wife of nearly 60 years, Karen Joy Dykstra Stengel, at his side. Lawrence “Casey” L. Stengel was the youngest...
Evelyn Dirks (3/1/21)Evelyn Dirks, 101, of Akron, formerly of Le Mars, passed away Friday, Feb. 26, 2021, at the Akron Care Center in Akron. Evelyn Elizabeth Rohlfs was born Aug. 30, 1919, on the family farm west of...
Help WantedHelp wanted Full time, duties include meat wrapping, office work and retail sales. Apply in person at Remsen Processing or call 712-786-1197
Help WantedAre you detailed, honest, and full of energy? Then you might be a fit for our growing real estate investment company! Come work in our comfortable work environment with very a flexible work schedule. Applicants should be able to type 40+WPM and have experience with Excel and Word. Salary will be based on experience and productivity. If interested, please send a resume to Oak Tree Properties, PO Box 506, Le Mars, IA 51031. Come grow with us!
Help WantedWANTED: Registered Nurse for WIC/Maternal and Child Health Programs. Full-time position with hours varying according to clinic schedules. Currently we are holding clinics via telehealth. For more information & to apply on-line, please go to www.midsioux.org . An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor Rent: 1 Bedroom Apartment, Rent Based on Income. Qualified Applicants must be 62 years or older, handicapped/disabled regardless of any age. Smoke Free Apartments! Please call 712-580-5360.
Le Mars Apartments for RentFor Rent: 1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Apartments, Rent based on income. Smoke Free Apartments. Please call 712-580-5360
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2BR Apt @ Royal Park Apts, includes stove, fridge, dishwasher, garage, washer & dryer hook up in the apt, indoor pool, fitness center, & coin laundry onsite. Taking applications. No Pets No Smoking Call 712-540-3223
Area Apartments for RentCompletely Remodeled 1 & 2 bedroom apartment in Remsen. Starting at $500.00 All utilities paid. Central Air, microwave, soft water. Client secure building. No pets. 712-898-4658
For RentThe Shed : Multi-Size storage units available. Call or 712-546-4413
For RentStorage Units for rent. Sizes 10x25, 10x27 and 9x10. Call 712-546-6105
Le Mars Apartments for RentOne bedroom basement apartment at 235 Central Ave SW. No smoking. No pets. $550 Month. 712-548-4700
- End of an Era
- RSM knocks off Gehlen for fifth straight state appearance
- Sealed bids to be sought for Pride Group building
- Bogenrief named 2020 Driver of the Year
- Ulrich charged to nine years in prison
- No. 10 RSM returns to substate game by beating Newell-Fonda
- Boutique moves on
- Le Mars wins 2A girls bowling championship
- MidAmerican taking steps to ease customer financial impacts from February heating
- Le Mars eliminated from postseason by SB-L