Life Skills clients back on the jobPLYMOUTH CO. — There’s a lot of activity these days at Life Skills Training Center facility on Industrial Road and the Day Habilitation center in downtown Le Mars. The two facilities were able to...
Drees says it’s time to retireLE MARS — Julie Drees, music teacher at Kluckhohn Elementary in Le Mars, had a sign that she should probably retire. “I needed to renew my teaching license this year and I didn’t think I wanted to...
K-P adding new gym at high schoolKINGSLEY — Construction has been going on at the Kingsley-Pierson high school in Kingsley for the past few months as work is underway build a new competition gym. Kingsley-Pierson Superintendent...
Members defeat NW Iowa Credit Union mergerLE MARS — A proposed merger between N.W. Iowa Credit Union in Le Mars and Siouxland Federal Credit Union has been voted down by the membership of N.W. Iowa Credit Union. In a statement on the credit...
Where’s the money? West Des Moines businesses receive highest number of PPP loans in IowaDES MOINES — Businesses in the West Des Moines area received the most loans from the federal Paycheck Protection Program compared to other Iowa ZIP codes, according to an analysis of data released by...
State agency reports dramatic drop in advocacy for older IowansDES MOINES — The state agency tasked with advocating for Iowans in nursing homes dramatically scaled back visits to those facilities last year even before the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new...
A display of passion, love and respectLE MARS — A small addition at the Plymouth County Veterans Memorial Park reflects the passion, love and respect people have for the park. On June 15, veterans Wayne Schipper and Mike Driscoll...
Roy to enjoy time with first grand babyLE MARS — When to retire is not always an easy decision for everyone. For Julie Roy, Le Mars Community High School Spanish teacher, the decision is coming at the right time. “Although I was still...
A-W students earn top National History Day honorAKRON — A group of Akron-Westfield middle school students are celebrating as they achieved top honors at the National History Day finals. The students took first place for the documentary “Rural...
Council awards bid for Industrial Park grading projectLE MARS — The Le Mars City Council received nine bids for the 2020 Industrial Park Grading Project for consideration at its meeting Tuesday. The project consists of grading Lots 7-10 of Le Mars...
- Remsen hires new police chief (7/7/20)
- Rohe heads into retirement (7/7/20)
- Morningside announces changes to commencement (7/6/20)
- New directors elected to Northwest AEA Board (7/5/20)
- Gov. Reynolds directs $490 million of CARES Funds into Unemployment Trust Fund (7/5/20)
- Farm Progress Show and Husker Harvest Days canceled (7/4/20)
- Floyd Valley Community Health named among top five percent nationally (7/3/20)
- Motorcycle chase ends in arrest (7/3/20)
- County sees largest COVID spike to date (7/3/20)
- Fire-Rescue asks for your support with fund drive (7/3/20)
- IWD announces weekly unemployment numbers (7/3/20)
- Closings set for 4th (7/2/20)
- Wells Visitor Center and Ice Cream Parlor indoor dining space reopens (7/2/20)
- Helping to feed his community (7/1/20)
- Salad recall expanded for potential Cyclospora contamination (7/1/20)
- MMCRU baseball wins in walk-off fashion over HMSREMSEN — It looked like the MMCRU baseball team was going to cruise to a win over Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn on Wednesday in War Eagle Conference action. The team got out to a 5-0 lead through four innings, but the Hawks tied the game with a five-run fifth and then took the lead in the top of the seventh. The Royals came back in their last at-bat to get the win in dramatic fashion by a 7-6 score...
- MMCRU softball hangs on against HMS after good startREMSEN — A four-run first inning put the MMCRU softball team in the driver’s seat and they held on the rest of the way for a 6-5 win over Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn in War Eagle Conference action Wednesday. “I think we were really looking to hit the ball hard which we did, we just hit it at them a lot,” MMCRU Head Coach Kayla Means said. “Like I tell the girls, you keep hitting, they’ll find the gaps.”...
Troy Custer (7/10/20)Troy E. Custer, 38, of Tool, Texas, formerly of Le Mars, died Saturday, April 11, 2020. Troy was born Feb. 3, 1982, to Gary and Sandra Custer. Troy was very active in coaching Little League baseball...
Delores Gloyer (7/10/20)Delores I. Gloyer, 100, of Merrill, died at Pinicon Place Assisted Living in Anamosa on Sunday, July 5, 2020. Delores Inez Gloyer was born April 10, 1920, in Sioux City, the daughter of George and...
Jeanette Boever (7/6/20)Jeanette Lucille Boever, 89, of Remsen, died July 3, 2020 at Happy Siesta Health Care Center in Remsen. Jeanette was born Feb. 24, 1931 to Leo and Clara (Berning) Heidesch in Remsen. She was raised...
Louise Sitzmann (7/3/20)Louise Elizabeth Sitzmann, 86, of Cherokee, died Wednesday, July 1, 2020, at the Avera Prince of Peace Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. A graveside service will take place at 10:30 a.m.,...
Mid-Level Provider (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant)Family Health Care of Siouxland is seeking a Midlevel Provider for the Dakota Dunes Clinic. For more information: www.fhcsl.com/careers//
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 BR Apartment located downtown Le Mars. All newly remodeled. 540-9430
Area Houses for Rent3 bedroom ranch with double garage 208 Park Road Merrill, IA Call 712-541-0818
Help WantedWANTED: Teacher for Le Mars Early Head Start Toddler Center. 40 hours per week year around. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
FurnitureGlasstop Dinette Set with six chairs $25. 712-577-1552
Le Mars Houses for Rent4br Acreage, includes stove, fridge, garage. Taking Applications. Call 712-540-3223
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1BR & 2BR Apt @ Royal Park Apts, includes stove, fridge, dishwasher, indoor pool and fitness center, laundry onsite (2br has garage & washer & Dryer hookup in apt). Taking applications. No Pets No Smoking Call 712-540-3223
Help WantedBaymont Inn & Suites Le Mars is now accepting applications for part-time & full-time positions for housekeeping & Night Auditor. Hours available are weekdays and weekends with a flexible schedule. Apply in person at Baymont Inn & Suites Le Mars, 1314 12th Street SW. EOE.
Help WantedFull Time Meat Cutter and Boner. Will train. Call Remsen Processing 712-786-1197
Help WantedHelp wanted Full Time wash rack position. Hours 7AM-5PM M-F and Sat. 7-12. Drivers License required. Call Todd at 712-540-5669
- County sees largest COVID spike to date
- Wendt bids farewell to Hinton
- RSM softball upsets No. 5 A-W on Willman’s walk-off
- Remsen hires new police chief
- Motorcycle chase ends in arrest
- A display of passion, love and respect
- Roy to enjoy time with first grand baby
- Fire-Rescue asks for your support with fund drive
- New directors elected to Northwest AEA Board
- Rohe heads into retirement