Eagles donates to Fire-Rescue(Sentinel Photo by Kim Fickett) Tim Britt, president with the Le Mars Eagles Club, presented Le Mars Fire and Rescue Chief David Schipper with a check for $500 on Thursday morning. Pictured from left...
Numerous prizes to be given for blue ribbon cooking at this year’s Clay County FairSPENCER — Thirty-two different sponsored items for blue ribbon winners and cash prizes are just some of the things waiting for you and your kitchen creations to win in the Oven Products Department at...
STEM stings student’s enthusiasm for beesLE MARS — Apiphobia is the irrational fear of bees. Regardless of whether an individual has been stung by a bee, is allergic to bee stings, and/or have been to movies with killer bees, apiphobia is...
Let’s All Rejoice!LE MARS — In February 1999, five families met in a home with the idea to start a church, with the assistance of Don DeKok, a church planter with the Reformed Church in America. Today that church is...
Catton appointed as board advocateLE MARS — Le Mars Community School District Board of Education member Angela Catton was appointed to serve as the Iowa Association of School Boards legislative action network representative for the...
- NCC to offer computer classes in Sioux Center
- Morningside College launches its first doctoral program (8/17/19)
- Grants awarded for Sioux City International Film Festival ‘Women in Film’ program (8/17/19)
- Le Mars to host SIDS Walk on Aug. 24 (8/16/19)
- Visible learning focus of A-W staff in new year (8/16/19)
- Council addresses requests (8/14/19)
- Tour shows progress (8/14/19)
- Gehlen gears up for start of new school year (8/14/19)
- Zenk to not seek reelection (8/14/19)
- LCS gears up for another school year (8/13/19)
- A true level of dedication (8/13/19)
- Council gives nod for college golf tournament funding (8/13/19)
- Meyer ready to take the lead (8/12/19)
- Hearing set to discuss fireworks (8/12/19)
- Work continues on skateboard park (8/12/19)
2019 Iowa Print Sports Writers Association All-State Baseball TeamsPitcher - Jake Hilmer, North Linn, Senior Pitcher - Briar Rowley, Estherville-Lincoln Central, Senior Pitcher - Hunter Dekkers, West Sioux, Junior Catcher - Connor Lange, Missouri Valley, Senior First Base - Brock Farley, Denver, Senior Infield - Christian Davidson, Pocahontas Area, Sophomore...
2019 Iowa High School Baseball Coaches Association All-State TeamsCaptain: Josh Fitzgerald, Newman Catholic P - Keaton Parker, Alburnett, Senior P - Collin Kramer, St. Ansgar, Senior P - Blaine Harpenau, Remsen St. Mary’s, Sophomore C - Skyler Waldschmitt, Remsen St. Mary’s, Junior C - Colby Page, Southeast Warren, Senior...
- 2019 Iowa High School Baseball Coaches Association All-District teams (8/16/19)
- 2019 Iowa Girls Coaches Association All-State softball teams (8/16/19)
- 2019 IGCA All-District Softball Teams (8/16/19)
- Remsen St. Mary's softball 2019 season recap (8/16/19)
- Remsen St. Mary's baseball 2019 season recap (8/16/19)
- War Eagle Conference standings and All-Conference teams (8/14/19)
Dennis Groetken (8/9/19)Dennis Groetken, 77, of Dakota Dunes, South Dakota, formerly of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019, at MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center in Sioux City. Dennis Joseph Groetken was born on April 8,...
Vernon E. Renken (8/9/19)On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, Vernon E. Renken, loving husband, father and grandfather, passed away at his home in Sun City West, Arizona. He was 87 years old. Vern was born in Le Mars, to Carl H. and...
Bonnie Ruden (8/7/19)Bonnie Josephine Ruden, 89, of Ames, formerly of Le Mars, died Monday, July 8, 2019, at Northridge Village in Ames. Funeral services will be 2 p.m., Friday, Aug. 9, at St. James Catholic Church, 109...
Virginia Brangwin (8/7/19)Virginia Rose Brangwin, 92, of Le Mars, died Sunday, Aug. 4, 2019, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars, in Le Mars. Virginia Rose Brangwin was born on Jan. 17, 1927, in Le Mars, the daughter of...
City Real Estate
House For SaleHouse For Sale 741 8th St Se LeMars 4 Beds 3 Baths Appliances included. Updates include AC, furnace, water heater, water softener, RO system, & bedroom carpet. Move in ready! Sure to sell fast! $270,000 Call 712-261-0341
Le Mars Houses for RentHouse for Rent: 2-3 Bedroom, No pets, No smoking 712-541-0067
Help WantedCity of Le Mars, Iowa seeking a Finance/Human Resources Director. Responsible for all financial aspects of City incl plan/manage budgets, taxes, financial & long-term planning, assist with auditing, and all aspects of Human Resources. Knowledge in gov't admin, public finance admin, public sector acctg/auditing; exceptional communication skills. Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business, or closely related field. Min three (3) yrs exp. Min two (2) yrs in supv and/or admin...
FreebiesTo Give Away: Bantam Chickens, 8 Adults, 5 Young, Phone 712-786-2540 or Cell 712-539-2613.
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 2 Bedroom House. $800 Month. No Pets. No smoking. Nicely remodeled. 712-541-4324
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 bedroom apt for rent. Available immediately. Appliances furnished. No pets. Deposit required. Call after 5 540-4981 or 540-7974
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS MS Sp. Ed. Behavioral Aide – 27.5 hrs/wk, $15.43/hr If interested, apply online at www.lemars.k12.ia.us Open until filled EOE
Real Estate Plymouth CountyHouse for Sale: 3 plus bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath, Attached garage, 811 3rd St. S.E., $195k, Call 712-560-6815
Help WantedCITY OF LE MARS - Public Works Entry Level Equipment Operator. Regular full-time position. Duties include general labor and operating construction equipment. CDL preferred or ability to obtain. Pre-employment/Random Drug/Alcohol Test. Complete Job Description available upon request. Submit City application to City of Le Mars, 40 Central Ave. SE, Le Mars, IA 51031 or www.lemarsiowa.com by 5:00 PM August 30, 2019. EOE M/F
Help WantedWANTED: Head Cook for Akron Head Start Center. 35.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, mid-August through May. Eligible for benefits including IPERS.For more information and to apply online please visit www.midsioux.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer. 1-800-859-2025
- Meyer ready to take the lead
- Let’s All Rejoice!
- Tour shows progress
- LCS gears up for another school year
- Work continues on skateboard park
- STEM stings student’s enthusiasm for bees
- Gehlen gears up for start of new school year
- Zenk to not seek reelection
- War Eagle Conference standings and All-Conference teams
- Hearing set to discuss fireworks