It’s time to celebrate your German, Luxembourg heritageREMSEN — Oktoberfest is back in full force in 2021, as the community of Remsen will host their 47th annual Remsen Oktoberfest Celebration on Saturday, Oct. 30. The annual celebration is a time when...
Hansen bestowed with state honorREMSEN/MARCUS — An MMCRU High School welding instructor has been honored with the “Howard E. Adkins Memorial Instructor Award” for the State of Iowa. Matt Hansen was presented with the award by...
Council talks speed limits1LE MARS — A public hearing on speed limit changes on a city street brought two citizens to the podium at the Oct. 19 city council meeting. The changes to Chapter 140 - “Controlled Access Facilities”...
Hy-Vee now offering free COVID booster vaccinesWEST DES MOINES — Hy-Vee, Inc. has announced free Moderna and Janssen (J&J) COVID-19 vaccine booster doses are now available at Hy-Vee Pharmacy locations across its eight-state region. The U.S. Food...
Police station moves into next phaseLE MARS — The Phase II Project at the Le Mars Police Department building is moving forward after action by the Le Mars City Council at its Oct. 19 meeting. In May 2019, the City of Le Mars entered...
Four inducted into Museum HOFLE MARS — Museum Hall of Fame honors will go to four individuals during an induction ceremony and reception in the Study Hall of the Plymouth County Historical Museum at 2 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 24. The...
Tree displays sought for Pioneer VillageLE MARS — Volunteers with Pioneer Village Christmas Wonderland are gearing up for the holiday event, Dec. 4 and 5 and Dec. 11 and 12, at the Plymouth County Fairgrounds. One of the events is the...
Helping to keep babies safe from SIDSLE MARS — An advocate for safe sleep for babies is making sure the families of babies born at Floyd Valley Healthcare will have the education they need. Iowa SIDS Foundation/Siouxland, of which Pam...
MAMA to induct local musiciansREMSEN — Hall of Fame musicians and venues will be featured in Remsen Saturday, Oct. 23, as part of the Midwest All Music Association’s Western Iowa 2021 Hall of Fame Inductee Event at the Avalon...
Second proposed redistricting plan releasedDES MOINES — The Legislative Services Agency delivered to the members of the General Assembly a second proposed congressional and legislative redistricting plan on Thursday. The documents delivered...
- Heidebrinks bid Adiós! (10/20/21)
- Kass brothers earn Le Mars its seventh Challenge Grant (10/20/21)
- Club encourages self expression (10/20/21)
- The soup and pies are on (10/20/21)
- Hy-Vee to build new in Le Mars (10/19/21)
- Candidates vie for school board (10/18/21)
- Calling all book lovers (10/18/21)
- LCS names DLIIT team (10/18/21)
- All Saints to hold fall festival, dedication (10/18/21)
- Bogen, Lehmann reign at Gehlen (10/15/21)
- Candidates vie for city seats (10/15/21)
- It’s hunting season, ya’ll (10/15/21)
- Let’s Feast (10/15/21)
- LCS OKs changes in classification (10/15/21)
- Watercolor enthusiast returns to Le Mars for workshop (10/15/21)
- Strong first half sends No. 4 RSM to playoff winREMSEN — Jumping out to a 42-0 halftime advantage, the No. 4 ranked Remsen St. Mary’s football team won their 8-player first round playoff game over Exira/Elk Horn-Kimballton on Friday by a 48-12 final score. “In a journey, you’ve got to take that first step,” RSM Head Coach Tim Osterman said. “I thought we came out really, really well in that first half and played pretty much the entire first half with our foot on the gas.”...
- K-P avenges loss to Harris-Lake Park with first round playoff winLAKE PARK — The Kingsley-Pierson football team avenged a regular season loss to Harris-Lake Park in the first round of the 8-player playoffs on Friday. After losing the first meeting of the year 28-8, the Panthers turned the tables for a 30-13 win to keep their season alive. It was their first win over the Wolves since the 2018 season...
- No. 3 Lo-Ma bounces Gehlen from football playoffs (10/25/21)
- Le Mars concludes season with loss to Fort Dodge (10/25/21)
- MMCRU’s Galles, Gehlen’s Ruhland qualify for state cross country (10/25/21)
- WC-KP’s Kuntz advances to state cross country for fourth time (10/25/21)
- K-P volleyball season ends at Westwood (10/22/21)
- No. 2 Lady Jays cruise in first regional contest (10/22/21)
Lois Winecoff (10/25/21)Lois Winecoff, 97, of Le Mars, died Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021, at Good Samaritan Society in Le Mars. Lois Nora Winecoff was born on June 22, 1924, to Henry and Mary (Ommen) Lubben on the family farm in...
Agatha ‘Aggie’ Sitzmann (10/22/21)Agatha “Aggie” Sitzmann, 99, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021, at the Good Samaritan Society of Le Mars. Agatha Lorraine Nuebel was born Sept. 24, 1922, in rural Plymouth County, the daughter...
Agatha Sitzmann (10/20/21)Agatha “Aggie” Sitzmann, 99, of Le Mars, died Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021, at the Good Samaritan Society of Le Mars. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:30 a.m., Monday, Oct. 25, at All Saints Catholic...
Dave Vander Wel (10/20/21)Dave Vander Wel, age 76, of Orange City, died Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021, at the Orange City Area Health System. David Marvin was born Nov. 25, 1944, in Orange City, the son of Marvin M. and Margaret E....
Anniversary: Dennis and Sharon Dorr (10/13/21)Dennis and Sharon Dorr of Le Mars will observe their 50th wedding anniversary Oct. 16, 2021. The couple will be celebrate the event with family and friends at the White Horse Patrol Club House in...
Anniversary: Norman and Ruth Barker (10/4/21)Norman and Ruth Barker of Le Mars will observe their 70th wedding anniversary Oct. 7, 2021. The couple will celebrate the event with a family gathering. Norman Barker and Ruth Peterson were married...
Le Mars Houses for Rent3br/2ba home, nicely remodeled, walk out basement, 2 stall garage, all stainless steel appliances, washer & dryer. $1300 Rent/$1300 Deposit. Located at 1251 Remer Dr, LeMars. NO Pets NO Smoking Taking applications. Call 712-540-3223
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2br apartment , incl stove & fridge Rent $625/Deposit$625 Located at 425 6th St SE No Pets No Smoking Currently taking applications call 712-540-3223
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1br large apartment, incl stove & fridge, most utilities paid Rent $525/Deposit $525 Located at 227 Plymouth St NW. No pets No smoking. Currently taking applications. Call 712-540-3223
Le Mars Houses for Rent2br/1ba house , incl. stove & fridge, large garage, A/C Rent $700/Deposit $700. Located at 517 7th St SW. No Smoking No Pets Currently Taking Applications. Call 712-540-3223
Help WantedPOSITION AVAILABLE Adjunct teaching position for on campus Sociology courses. Masters degree required. Spring semester begins January 6, 2022. For more information contact Leah Murphy, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park Street, Sheldon, IA 51201, 712-324-5061, ext. 118. AA/EOE
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 3 bedroom house remodeled and furnished. No pets. No smoking. No garage. Call for more information 546-4087
AntiquesBuying antiques, estates - collectibles jewelry, gold & silver small items. I pay fair prices. Iowa Pickers since 1967 Jim Welden 712-501-9202 Akron
Help WantedKingsley-Pierson CSD is looking for the following position(s): 1. Head Softball Coach 2. Asst. Boys and Girls Golf (1 position) Please send letter of application, resume and credentials to: Rob Wiese Principal Kingsley-Pierson CSD 322 Quest Ave Kingsley, Iowa 51028
AuctionsLAND AUCTION!! Highly Productive East Orange Township, Sioux County, Section 15, 154 Acres M/L, LIVE/Internet Land Auction; Saturday, November 6, 2021 @ 10:30AM; Gerald and Clarice Roder, Owners; Conducted By Auctioneer: Jim Klein @ Klein Realty & Auction Co. and Iowa Auction Group
AuctionsONLINE ONLY AUCTION!! 2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ, Very Large Supply of Sheet Music, Furniture, Glassware, Household Goods, Appliances, Antiques & Collectibles; Thursday October 21, 2021 until closing down on Sunday, October 31, 2021 @ 6:00PM; OPEN HOUSE: Sunday, October 24, 2021 from 8:30AM – 11:00AM or by Appointment only; PAYMENT & PICK UP: Monday, November 1, 2021 3:00PM – 7:00PM; 945 490th Street Cleghorn, IA; Mrs. Lyle (Bernice) McIntosh, Estate Owner; Conducted By Auctioneer: Jim Klein...
- Hy-Vee to build new in Le Mars
- Heidebrinks bid Adiós!
- Four inducted into Museum HOF
- Kass brothers earn Le Mars its seventh Challenge Grant
- Police station moves into next phase
- Candidates vie for school board
- Donegal announces closure of Le Mars site
- It’s time to celebrate your German, Luxembourg heritage
- Club encourages self expression
- Council talks speed limits