Koley death classified accidental
LE MARS — On Monday, the Plymouth County Sheriff's Office released the cause of death of John Koley of Le Mars.
According to a news release, a toxicology report conducted by the state medical examiner showed Koley died from Acute Drug (methamphetamine) Intoxication.
It was on Dec. 13, 2017 when the sheriff's office received a 911 call concerning the death of Koley. Investigators determined the death was suspicious in nature and the state medical examiner would be performing an autopsy at a later date.
The news release further stated Sheriff Mike Van Otterloo and investigators are currently focusing their attention on finishing a forensic examination on computer and surveillance equipment seized from the residence.
Any and all information gained through the investigation will be carefully evaluated to determine its relevance to this case, stated Van Otterloo.