Opportunities for quiet reflection on the Christmas season, as well as holiday music and a time with Santa are activities available in Le Mars. Check these out:
Tuesday, Dec. 11
* "Museum Manger" display at the Plymouth County Historical Museum open 1-5 p.m Tuesday through Sunday, in the 1905 Study Hall on the museum's fourth floor, featuring Nativity scenes. Admission is free; donations welcome, elevator access to all five floors of the museum, located at 335 First Ave. S.W., Le Mars.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
* Evening showing of the "Museum Manger" display at the Plymouth County Historical Museum, 5-8 p.m. in the 1905 Study Hall on the museum's fourth floor, featuring Nativity scenes from area residents. Admission is free; elevator access to all five floors of the museum.
* Gehlen Catholic Advent/Christmas Concert 7 p.m. at the Reardon Family Gym. The 5-12 bands will perform music of the holiday season as well as the music to the half-time show, entitled "Heroes Holiday," which the marching band will perform Dec. 27, in San Diego, Calif., during the 2012 Holiday Bowl game half-time show. Admission is free.
Saturday, Dec. 15
* "Books, Basketball and Bows," special children's open house at the Plymouth County Historical Museum, 10 a.m. Includes "meet the author" time in the Music Room with Jeremy Bouchard, Le Mars, and his new book, "Sam Finch and the Zombie Hybrid." Book signing, 10:15 a.m. in the "Old Central" Gym lobby. Four holiday stations for parents and children: basketball in the gym; meet Santa's dog Poochi; holiday goodies in the gym lobby; and tour of museum, including "Museum Manger." Open to the pubic; no admission; events conclude by 11 a.m. Use south lobby doors to enter.
* Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Habitué Coffeehouse and Creperie, at 108 Central Ave. N.E., in Le Mars.