Senate Republican leadership recently announced committee assignments for the 84th General Assembly which convenes on January 10, 2011.
Senator Randy Feenstra (R-Hull) was chosen as ranking member of the Senate State Government Committee.
"This committee is an important one for Iowa this year," said Feenstra. "After the 2010 Census, Iowa will be redistricting, which will move through the Senate State Government Committee. This will play a huge role in Iowa's dynamic political landscape."
The other Senate Republicans who are ranking members are as follows:
* Agriculture -- David Johnson (R-Ocheyedan)
* Appropriations -- Steve Kettering (R-Lake View)
* Commerce -- Jerry Behn (R-Boone)
* Economic Growth -- Sandy Greiner (R --Keota)
* Education -- Shawn Hamerlinck (R-Dixon)
* Ethics -- Paul McKinley (R-Chariton)
* Human Resources -- Jim Seymour (R-Woodbine)
* Judiciary -- Nancy Boettger (R-Harlan)
* Labor and Business -- Pat Ward (R-West Des Moines)
* Local Government -- Merlin Bartz (R-Grafton)
* Natural Resources Energy and the Environment -- Jim Hahn (R-Muscatine)
* Oversight -- Kent Sorenson (R-Indianola)
* Rules and Administration -- Paul McKinley (R-Chariton)
* Transportation -- Larry Noble (R-Ankeny)
* Veterans -- Jim Seymour (R-Woodbine)
* Ways and Means -- Brad Zaun (R-Urbandale)