Heath Davis and Monreudy Khouninn, both of Sioux City, were named as the final pair of qualifiers in the search for the 2003 KPTH Siouxland Idol.
Both earned by honor July 26 at the Plymouth County Fair in a field of about a dozen contestants. The competition in Le Mars was the last in a series of seven events held by the local Fox affiliate over the summer.
At each event, contestants were given 60 seconds to impress the judges by singing a song of their choice without accompaniment. Contestants were required to be between the ages of 18 and 24 by the August date of finals.
Representatives from each of the seven events will compete Aug. 9 at WinnaVegas Casino for a chance to represent the area and audition for the 2004 edition of the national American Idol. The finals competition will be the opening act for Cowboys Night Out an outdoor concert featuring Cletus Judd, Chris Cagle and Wynonna Judd. The final round of competition begin at 6 p.m.
The Siouxland Idol finalists and the events they represent are:
· Brian Rubis from Hinton and Andrew Emanuel from Sioux City selected at the Cherokee Rodeo in Cherokee;
· Jill Brees from Peterson and Courtney Thu from Ruthven selected at the Flag Fest Celebration in Spencer;
· Benjamin Dose from Okoboji and Lacey Friis from Sioux City selected at Awesome Harley Nights festival in Sioux City;
· Stacey Pinney and Sarah Chilton, both of Sioux City selected at a Sioux City Explorers game;
· Tara Hutchinson and Amanda Miller, both from Elgin, Neb., selected at the Big Bang Boom in Norfolk;
· Aime Elfers and Erik Dressner, both from Wayne, Neb., selected at the Wayne Chicken Show; and
· Heath Davis and Monreaudy Khouninn, both from Sioux City, selected at the Plymouth County Fair.